“26 minute wait to checkin”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I waited 26 minutes to checkin on a Friday night for the weekend. The hotel was one of the preferred ones for a girls basketball tournament in Lancaster, and so it was filled with families there for that event. Only one person at the front desk and a line a mile long. Front desk person was also taking phone calls and registering people for Honors accounts while I (and many others) stood in line, fuming. Aside from that, this hotel and rooms were fine and restaurant service adequate. But I won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! We appreciate your business and value your feedback. I am sorry to hear you had such a long wait to check-in, however based off your other survey that you filled out from Hilton, I am pleased to see you enjoyed your accommodations while you were on property.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

sosborne@horstrealty.com
717-560-0880 ext. 630

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The rooms were clean with a Keurig coffee maker, the staff was helpful, and most important the king size beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately the "chef-prepared" breakfast, that cost extra, was terrible and I could not eat my omelet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your breakfast with us in Clyde's Cafe. I am pleased to hear you did enjoy your room accommodations and the new Keurig Coffee maker! If there is anything I can do to further assist you please feel free to contact me directly at 717.560.0880 ext 630.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

we planned a last minute trip to visit my family in Lancaster. I spoke with the Director of Sales Kim Levenson and she NOT ONLY took care of all the arrangements, she also upgraded us to a Huge Suite with one of the MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS I've ever slept in! The Room was very large and very clean. After a long day of work and travel this is EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED to rest up! We checked in late and had plans with my family the next morning so unfortunately we were not able to enjoy all of the amenities. We arrived late and the gentleman that checked us in was extremely friendly and made the process very smooth for us. He had an excellent sense of humor and patience. The place is VERY NICE & CLEAN. The Location is close to all major roads, a beautiful mall & many restaurants. Kim really went out of her way for us and I wish I had to opportunity to say thanks in person. THANK YOU KIM!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rrosado921

Thank you so much for your positive review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. I will be sure to share your positive comments with Kim! It is always a delight to hear about our staff exceeding guest expectations.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Lancaster Hilton Garden is a hotel that I have been staying with for years. The staff are extremely accomodating and have always made me feel at home. This hotel is kept in excellent shape and the breakfast facilities, resturant, and bar are part of my decision process to continue to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin P

Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff throughout the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Two years ago, I stayed at this hotel and was very pleased with the accommodations. Once again, I was happy to find that this Hilton Garden Inn is still as clean, comfortable, and friendly as my last visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goldendogNewJersey
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, again; we love repeat guests! We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with the TA community and look forward to serving you again!

SarahOsborne
sosborne@horstrealty.com

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed here several times and it is always up to hilton standards. Clean, has all the amenities, and the staff is great. It's within walking distance of a restaurant/bar, a general store for groceries, and, if you need one, the shopping mall is close by. We chose it because it's quality is consistent and it's near our family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndie S
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear everything went well during your stay. We hope you'll be able to join us for a visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know!

SarahOsborne
717-560-0880
Sosborne@horstrealty.com

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff was excellent and we absolutely think the service was top notch. The decor of the public areas was also excellent. However, the rooms had a very dated feel--about the late 1980s or early 1990s. Everything work but we didn't feel that we were in a great room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple