“Stay of 2013”

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Virginia Beach, United States
“Stay of 2013”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff was excellent and we absolutely think the service was top notch. The decor of the public areas was also excellent. However, the rooms had a very dated feel--about the late 1980s or early 1990s. Everything work but we didn't feel that we were in a great room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear everything went well during your stay. We hope you'll be able to join us for a visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know!

Sosborne@horstrealty.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Southern Shores, North Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Just completed a stay at the HGI Lancaster. We have stayed here numerous times over the last fifteen years. They have done a good job keeping this facility fresh and clean. Some signs of aging, but you need to look quite close.

I was a bit disappointed with the king bed. Not nearly first class. Since the PRIMARY purpose of most stays at hotels is for a good nights sleep, I see this as a key item. The mattress left a lot to be desired. Not bad, but HGI execs should go stay at a Westin and sleep in a Heavenly Bed. Not saying they need to be THAT good, but as a Hilton Gold member I would like to see Hilton step up to a higher standard. And based on my recent stay, these beds won't do it.

Otherwise a great place. Wonderful people, nice breakfast. Hoping to say excellent the next time I stay, and I find a better sleeping experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mje12518
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community!

First, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. We love repeat guests.
I am sorry you felt as though you didn't get a good nights sleep. Did you happen to adjust the comfort selector on either side? The comfort selector allows you to adjust either the firmness or softness of the bed according to your preference.

We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I love to stay at Hilton! This was no exception. The bed was fantastic with individual comfort selectors. All personnel were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was amazing! It was nice to have a large shower without a tub. Will stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank KardeeKay

Lido Beach, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was great and the kids loved the pool and spa! Breakfast was delicious and a good value. The room was large and clean. The hotel is near Dutch Wonderland and Turkey Hill Experience. Good parking and security.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the location, service, and amenities of our property! Our team will be happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again when you visit Lancaster! If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

East Patchogue, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel. We arrived early and were given a room right away. The front desk personnel were quite nice and very helpful in providing a map and directions to the local sites. The room was clean and bright and quiet at night. The breakfast buffet was very, very good. I was dissatisfied with my made to order omelet (just a matter of taste for me- nothing wrong with the way in which it was cooked) and was surprised to find out at the end of the meal, I was not charged for the breakfast. This act totally exceeded my expectations of the hotel and it's staff. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear everything went well during your stay. Our goal with each and every guest is to exceed their expectations; I am pleased to hear we exceeded yours while you were dining in Clyde's Cafe. We hope you'll be able to join us for a visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know.

Washington, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nice hotel. Great indoor pool and courtyard for relaxing. Room was very quiet even though hotel is located in a busy area. Has a bar and restaurant - we did not use during our stay. Shopping center nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Lisa L
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your travels to Lancaster County. We love getting positive feedback! If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best wishes,

sosborne@horstrealty.com
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very close to the location of a wedding I attended, which is the only reason my wife and I decided to stay here. The price was around $170 per night which wasn't too high compared to the price of a hotel we would normally stay at. However, we expected more for our money than what we received. The hotel was actually TOO clean... the obnoxious smell of cleaning supplies stayed in the room for our entire 3 day stay. In addition, the bed hardness is apparently adjustable, which would have been nice to know during the first 2 nights of our stay. When we got there, both my wife and I felt like we were falling through the mattress, right onto the box spring. I had complained about the bed to another guest, who informed me that the mattress can be adjusted with a dial on the side. However, even after we turned it to the highest level, it was still only moderately hard...

On a positive note, the breakfast was very well done for $10.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am sorry you had so many issues with your mattress in your room. If you ever have any issues with anything in your guest suite, please inform the front desk immediately so we may rectify the situation. We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon.

Thank you!