“What a great experience...everyone was wonderful!”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Walkersville, Maryland, United States
“What a great experience...everyone was wonderful!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was a great stay from the front desk check-in to the helpful housekeeping staff who promptly brought us extra towels. Thebreakfast was delicious and the service quick. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed the Hilton Garden Inn in Lancaster PA. The staff was friendly and helpful and made our stay enjoyable. We had a problem at a nearby Hilton property - the pool was out of service. The manager at HGI Lancaster welcomed us and fortunately had the same rate package. I agree with Runamook who said the hotel could use a remodel. But, overall we had a great stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool and hot tub were spacious and clean. We are looking forward to our next visit to Lancaster and our stay at the HGI.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RS212
Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed overnite in January for a day trip through the Lancaster area. We have done this trip many times but the first at this hotel. Got a great rate through Hilton (off season) and the location is great. The hotel is starting to look dated and could definitely use a remodel but still very clean and obviously well run. Why Hilton does not include breakfast in their Garden Inn's remains a mystery.
We would stay there again but I think there are better choices in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank runamook
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were in Lancaster for a memorial service and rented three rooms for our family. We had a large corner room, but all three rooms were spacious and comfortable. It was quite except for a little road noise. But the road noise is a function of the convenient location, with easy access off and onto the main route through Lancaster (Rt. 30). Both downtown Lancaster and the outlets were close.

Breakfast was good, with lots of selections and eggs and waffles cooked to order. The staff was quite friendly and helpful, and the price was right. Our stay was pleasant and we would recommend the hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank daxenpax
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Pretty old hotel with the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. The beds are quite worn as mentioned in a previous review. I had booked a King Room but were given a 2 Queen at check-in because they only had a King on the ground-floor ready when I checked in. Don’t like to be on street level when traveling alone so I took the 2 Queen room which turned out good as one of the two beds was a little better than the other and got a little firmer when putting the adjusting controller to the highest level. Still the management should think about replacing the mattresses. Also the coffeemaker in the room fell into pieces when I used it. I was lucky that I didn't spill coffee all over me or the carpet.

Very strange layout so be prepared to walk around a bit if you want to use the one and only elevator. There are a couple of stairways with corresponding exits to the parking lot though so I used them when I didn't have to carry my luggage. Nice patio which I couldn't use because of the not so nice weather. I understand the rooms with "a view" are sold for a higher rate. I would not pay 10 bucks extra for that.

The staff at the front-desk and at breakfast was really accommodating and friendly but I wouldn't stay here again before the rooms were renovated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Niccolonia
MichelleGehman, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Our hotel layout is very unique as we are the 1st Hilton Garden Inn of the brand. When we were built, Hilton emphasized the "Garden" aspect with our two interior garden courtyards, which created our "figure 8" hallways. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Kindly,
Michelle Gehman, General Manager
michelle.gehman@hilton.com
717-560-0880
North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2012

my husband and I stayed there for a weekend in November 2012. We had a king size bed. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The lobby had a nice fireplace and the staff was very friendly. The location was good. Not far from downtown and close to restaurants. I would stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nschuder
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn's are like Macdonalds, if they are bad they are an exception, they are never "GREAT!!!". This was pretty much in that catagory of not bad. Clean, well lit, busy, convenient to the highway and surrounded by those other totems of interchange civilization.

I do like the glass glasses at HGI, the only dinks at this one was the lack of a bicycle and dumbells in the exercise room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dennis u
MichelleGehman, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to have met your needs while in town though we are sorry to have not exceeded your expectations. We will keep your suggestions for our fitness center in mind as we continually look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We hope to have another chance to show you the quality amenities and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Michelle Gehman, General Manager