“I like to walk/exercise outside during my stay and this was great”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 29, 2012

In addition to a reliable hotel I like to be able to exercise by walking everyday during my stay, usually in the AM and this hotel provided an almost perfect opportunity. With a large parking lot isolated from all but the gas station next door I could make four to five laps in 20 minutes. Then, the hotel was nice. Prompty friendly check-in with complete explanation of services. Two courtyard areas that were great for sitting outdoors relaxing or working as Wifi worked there as well as inside. cooked to order breakfast with prompt service. Nice exercise room. Indoor pool and hottub which I don't like but it was a good one. Two story building with multiple controlled entrances so you could park near your room and not go through the lobby and other areas. My room was first door to the right from the parking lot and quiet. We had soccer teams during my stay and no problem with public areas, breakfast or noise. I liked this place and would return again.

Room Tip: I think a room with ground level entry to the larger courtyard would be interesting. I did not have...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sometrip

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hilton have a great way of building terrific properties but staffing them with cold and at best efficient staff. That wrecks the experience for me. The Garden Inn was no exception. Just a little more humanity (sincere mind you, not plastic, Mr Hilton) and this would be brilliant. The food was nothing to write home about, but there is a good joint over the road so that was solved. All the amenities were in perfect condition - modern, clean etc. It's a staff thing - or leadership...

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all good. I can't find fault with anything in mine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rupert W
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Rooms are clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Plenty of parking. Good location. They are picky about check-in time. No carts near lobby. Two story with limited elevator. Nice small bar in house. Dirty vents in pool area. Small gym, with a couple machines and no free weights. Old thru the wall a/c with poor controls. Rooms were a little expensive for area and decor.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alfalfa549
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here while we went to the sight & sound theater to see the Jonah play. The hotel was clean, warm and cozy. Our room bed & pillows were amazing, couldn't have had a better sleep. Even my Mom who doesn't sleep well, slept like a baby. The pool was nice and clean and warm, the fitness room was small but just enough to get my work out in. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious cook to order with a lot of assortment for a great price!
The only one problem I had with this hotel was the fact that it's like a crazy maze to find your room, we circled around a few times to find our room and couldn't find it lol very confusing. Other than that minor problem, we had a great and comfy stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, and I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wnliz
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was the third time we stayed in this hotel as tourists, and that tells you we are satisfied with what it offers. Plus: at the exit of the highway, but we were not bothered by traffic noise at all. Small fitness center, and indoor swimming pool. Inner court where you can sit in the sun and have a drink, although the chairs are not so comfortable. Excellent bed. American breakfast with cooked to order eggs, pancakes, Friendly staff. Plus/minus: small bathroom, where two persons hardly fit together. Dinner is okay, but the tuna was not available and I have tasted better steaks. Minus: if you want to visit Lancaster, you have to go by car.
On the day we left, a major power outtage in the neighbourhood resulted in no power at all in the rooms for at least three hours. And no breakfast.... but on our way home, we found the perfect solution in Lebanon: Timeless Cafe (see report)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaapK
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's been a while since I was here, but there appear to be new tiles in the bathroom, bedspreads, and desk chair.

LCD TV;s too

The breakfast is very nice.

The folks that work here are friendly and accommodating.

And it must be a popular place as it was sold out the night I was there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelbh
Reviewed April 23, 2012

1. Chef is great! Food is absolutely delicious! A+
2. Kitchen staff very helpful. A +
3. Concierge helpful. A+
4. Bedroom - visibly stepped on white bedspread which they attempted to dust off.
5. Bathroom dirty- mildew stains (yellow orange) on grout and worse- mildew (black) on both sides of standing shower floor. GROSS.
I was gonna give this hotel a 5 but housekeeping in our bedroom really sucked. That matters to me big-time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple