“Great location, very pricey”

Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Lancaster Marriott has very spacious, sophisticated, comfortable and clean rooms. Service upon check-in was spectacular and I was most pleased with the service I received from the front desk staff. The location is very great since you are Downtown and are near many great bars, restaurants and other attractions. Now, with most Downtown hotels, you will have to pay a bit more due to location, but here at the Marriott, you are going to look at $200 or more a night for a basic room. Overall, my experience at this location was very good, the only complaint I have is the high prices for the room and various other amenities. I am a local here in Lancaster, and I would suggest that if you don't mind driving a bit to get to your hotel, check out the Eden Resort instead. Their rates are very competitive and they have superior service and very clean rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yeaitsden
There are newer reviews for Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Lancaster Marriott before but always on business. This visit was for some R&R and we had a wonderful stay. When I have thought of accommodations in Lancaster in the past it's been some sort of 1960's time wrap with a motel type accommodations across from an aging amusement park and horse buggy holding up traffic on a two lane road. The Marriott has changed this narrative. The room is what I have come to expect from Marriott. The room was was a nice size. The bed was above par, comfortable with just enough firmness to give a restful night sleep. The bathroom shower was invigorating. We stayed in a corner room on the 18th floor which give wonderful view of Lancaster and beyond on two sides. While there a thunder and lighting storm came up Wow. The service was great and very attentive. The complimentary Whoopie pie during check in is a nice touch. The bar and restaurant have a real electic feel while still paying homage to there Amish roots. Two areas that could be a little better are
1. The parking: If you plan to self park the garage entrance is round the corner there is a bridge from garage to the hotel but it can be a considerable walk to front desk and even further to your room there could also be better signage on how to get to the front desk. If you plan to valet allow 20 min or more especially if they are busy to retrieve your vehicle.
2. The internet was at the slower end of what I have come to expect. ( but I am here some R&R right) but it was still on the slow side. I think the Lancaster Marriott has become my top choice while in Lancaster and I am looking forward to returning.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sheldon K
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Marriott need to get better customer service when it comes to price match. When you make a room reservation with Marriott it could not have been better, but trying to get price match, it could not have been worse. Emails back and forth and still not the correct dept.
Marriott need help in this area. I have a Marriott reward card but it does not help. My Hilton card is much better. Marriott need a lot of help in this area.
Roger Rohrs

Room Tip: Do not try to use price match
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rog S
Adam S, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for your response and I apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced with Marriott. If you would like to further discuss your concerns please contact me directly at 717-207-4009.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this truly excellent hotel from the curbside Valet to checkout , our service was truly excellent . Location in Downtown Lancaster meant we didn't see the car till we were ready to leave which was perfect after our 2 hr drive from NJ. We went for Dutch Wonderland with the kids and my wife got the treat of an outlet mall we didn't realize was across the street from Dutch Wonderland . Price at the amusement park was extremely reasonable . We are definitely coming back.

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th floor, it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Trevor D
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was attending a convention at the Lancaster Convention Center, so was glad to be able to stay at this adjacent hotel. The staff was very friendly, and our room was clean and comfortable. The one criticism I have of the hotel is that they simply don't have enough elevators for the number of rooms - particularly when the hotel guests are conference attendees on the same schedule. The elevators were slow, and we often found them full when the doors opened. In our last day there, one elevator seemed to be out of service, which aggravated the problem. I did find the stairs, and used them whenever possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaybeMBC
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night . The hotel is very nice in a nice area of Lancaster. The staff were very nice when we checked in and out. The only negative for us was the elevators, we waited for about 15 minutes for an elevator. We were on the 19th floor so we did not really want to walk down the stairs with a suitcase. I was very happy with the hotel and had a nice stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Emily M
Adam S, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to your stay, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

we had a 2 day business meeting in Lancaster. The hotel is fairly new, less the 7 years old. the drive up and entrance to the hotel is a bit small with limited parking. the staff was pleasant and helpful. the room was nice size, although the bed was not as firm as i would like. the food was good, not anything special. there are a number of bars and restaurants nearby, but we only visited one, for a beer on its deck, an Irish Pub, the name escapes me now.

Room Tip: Parking is not well defined. Most people have to drive around the block 2 or 3 times to find the par...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business