“Pay a lot for not much”

Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square. The building and rooms are nice enough, though the front desk clerk did not code our room key correctly. She also did not tell us that you need to swipe the room key in the elevator to get it to work. Someone else in the elevator helped us with that, but then when we got to our rooms, the key card did not open the door so we had to go all the way back down to the front desk for a new one. I like a firm bed, but I thought the mattress was too firm. The tub in our room did not drain very fast, though when we checked out, the desk clerk did make a note of that. There is a coffee maker in the room, but only one pod of regular and one pod of decaf. For what we paid, I expected more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hayley U

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a conference, and I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of this hotel for downtown Lancaster. The property was well maintained inside and out. I had a King room and the layout was of a decent size. I was able to use the hotel gym, and the equipment was well maintained and of high quality. The staff were pleasant and very patient with questions, and always greeted you with a "Hello".

The conference facilities were outstanding from my perspective. I plan a couple of conferences a year, and the three areas where we face complaints most often are climate control, food and beverage, and privacy of the space. This hotel nailed it in my opinion... too bad my conferences are not in Lancaster!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank truk6464
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Took a trip to Lancaster as a mini vacation and stayed at the Marriott in downtown Lancaster. The room and staff were excellent. It is in easy walking distance to many interesting attractions and restaurants. Centrally located for short driving trips to nearby sites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DRT149
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Went top caster w my son to ride the Strasbourg steam train and decided to stay at this location downtown. Very beautiful place with expansive public spaces. My sonics the pool. As with any pool area, one should take caution on the deck, but I didn't find things as treacherous as earlier reviews. We had a concierge level room. Lounge was well appointed, a bit small, but staffed with helpful and friendly people. Cheese and fruit selection used local items, inisomf local strawberries that were excellent. Room was standard Marriott with comfortable beds, but on the small side. Ate in rest and found choices fresh and flavorful. Overall, a great stay with my son who loved the pool and lounge.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ct3408
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in Lancaster attending a family wedding. This hotel was recommended to us and I am very thankful. The rooms, service, and personnel were the best. The front desk staff was unbelievably friendly. If every hotel had a front desk like this there would never be complaints. The housekeeper was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She really made sure our room was immaculate.

The rooms are spacious and have everything one needs.

The location is convenient to everything so getting to our various activity spots was not a problem.

I am looking forward to my next trip to Lancaster and visiting with this hotel once again.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joe B
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have stayed here a few times but this was our first experience at the pool. The tile floor is so slippery it is almost impossible to walk around the pool. The tiles are wet and at the very least there should have been a sign to alert people of the danger of walking on such a wet slippery surface. This is an ongoing complaint at this hotel which I only noticed today by searching google and it seems not much has been done. Also, the water is very cold even though the temperature was almost 100 outside it was still too cold to enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lbc23
Reviewed May 29, 2013

So i am going to say from the beginning, I have a crush on this hotel, no lie. I have stayed here 3 times now and I still find it wonderful. It is settled right in the center of downtown Lancaster which is great for sightseeing, shopping, etc. The lobby is very nice, touch of modern but still warm. Staff is nice and welcoming. There is Valet parking, but the parking garage is not too far, so there are options. Now for the good stuff...the rooms are spacious with everything you would need including a fridge, coffee maker and the views are nice, plus nice puffy beds. The restaurant on property is great, using local ingredients which I love and they seem to change their menu seasonally which broke my heart becuase my favorite dish was gone, but hey, it's time to learn to love new things, right? They also have seasonal "adult" drinks. An extra treat is a store that is very close by called Tellus 360, it is a "one of a kind" shopping experience with unique items included many imported items from overseas that Tellus supports, check it out...it's worth it. Last but not least, if you like Yoga which I do (no eye rolling), Tellus has yoga classes on the rooftop garden a few days a week. Seriously who couldn't love this place!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the area...I had one of the rooftop garden.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business