“Great location & comfortable room”

Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Great location & comfortable room”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel has a great location and excellent service. The staff was very helpful and polite. I read some other reviews about not many amenities, have to agree with this if traveling with family. A nice breakfast and free parking may ease the sting of the price, but this location is upscale and perfect for the business traveler. There are quite a few restaurants located within 1-3 blocks and the staff provides you with a list. Rooms are very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 64kel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here last weekend (Nov 11, 2012) and found this to be a great hotel with an exceptional staff where everyone goes above and beyond to ensure you have a great stay. It started with the valet who wanted to park my car, however, I already knew I wanted to self-park. He told me how to get to the garage and how to get to the walk-way for the hotel and to bring my parking ticket back to have it validated. Check in was quick and smooth. I expected parking to be $16/day and was surprised when they told me it was $5/day (don't know if this had anything to do with being a gold elite member).

Another pleasant surprise is your room key is also your elevator key (you can only get to your floor which means no unwanted/uninvited people will be on your floor). I had a room on the 18th floor Concierge Level close to the Concierge Lounge which was very convenient.

The room was very nice with a very comfortable bed (had flexible reading lights), large flat screen TV, mini-fridge, computer desk and chair, very comfortable sitting chair, coffee maker, safe and robe. The bath room was also modern with plenty of towels.

If you are planning a visit to Amish Country this is an ideal place to stay and in a central location.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank gilbertgl
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Marriott has Lancaster locked up. You can't beat the location and they know it. There is nothing to complain about the hotel - nice room, very comfortable bed and steps away from the Central Market. There is a decent pool and fitness equipment. What is missing is everything else. The rooms are not inexpensive, but then parking will add on another $15 - $16 for each night you stay. Even more disappointing was a $13 charge for 24 hours of internet access.

Contrast that with the Arts Hotel just down the road which, for about the same price, provides free parking, free internet, free breakfast, turndown service, unique rooms in a fascinating former warehouse and a strong desire to please its guests. The only problem with it is its distance from Penn Square - a 10 to 15 minute walk.

We have stayed both places. If the weather is good, I strongly prefer the Arts Hotel, but on a cold November night, the Marriott has the edge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Janet A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Given a choice of two hotels for my business trip to Lancaster I opted for the Marriott and I am so glad I did. My room on the 19th Floor afforded me a wonderful vista of the city of Lancaster each sunny morning I was there. All the staff I had dealings with wre friendly and welcoming. Smiles and cheerful greetings were offered all around.
The bar and grill on the ground floor is a handy to place to meet and do business. They have a good selection of wines and beers. I never ate there but the people who did seemed pleased with what they got.
I breakfasted in the Concierge's Lounge on a couple of mornings and if you are given this facility the main thing is to get there good and early - although a sign says open from 6.30 -10 am for breakfast the lounge stops serving at 9 am but the food has begun to age rather by 8.30am. However, mine host on the two mornings I made it to the lounge was very chatty with the guests and offering all types of local info. This lounge serves lights snacks and free non-alcoholic beverages in the early evening. This is an extra thing and very welcome especially on the evenings I was working.
The hotel couldn't be more centrally located - a walk to all the down town attractions like the Farmers Market,local bars and restaurants and of course the Fulton Theatre which is celebrating this year its 160th anniversary.
The room was large and well appointed with large flat screen tv, movies at extra cost and free mineral water. the bathroom was everything I expect in a 4 star hotel. I recommend this place for pleasure as well as business. On the 5th Floor they have a spa and very good sized pool with a hot tub.

Room Tip: Higher floors have access to the lounge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Journeyman41
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were there for a conference. The accomdations were great. The service excellent, no matter what we asked for. It was especially nice to be in the heart of the city with interesting shops, a farmers market, the grand daughter loved the pool and the special smootie shop around the corner. The restuarant in the hotel gave us an excellent celebratory dinner for the whole family (12).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom B
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I was greeted by a very nice and helpfull young BellMan as I pulled up to the Marriott. He explained the valet parking is $28 (whoa!) or self parking for overnight guest is $6. Geez ...quite a difference! Anyway...left my car out front as I checked in. Seems Everyone at this hotel has an "I can do attitude"...refreshing! I like that! So back to the parking...I am not a fan of parking garages...this one is 3 right turns and pull into the lot...but I did not see Mariott sign and was still not sure I was at the right one...parking attendant was helpfull and pointed me in the right direction. Forgot to ask if I needed my ticket validated or I show hotel receipt...I had to go back to my car to get my ticket...it gets validated at the check in desk. Again...I hate parking garages! Anyway...I am a platinum status and was given a key to executive lounge and a room on the 18th floor. I had a great view of all of Lancaster! I like the large picture windows! Room was comfy, cozy, great linens, modern bathroom, very clean, and soft colors. All good. Yes...has a mini fridge. Executive lounge had a nice selection of snacks and beverages at 7:45pm when I stopped in. Overall, this was a very nice stay. I would stay again and I do recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Shersei
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I go here once a year for a business trip. I always have a great experience. Rooms are very nice, clean, and up to date. Everyone is always pleasant at the front desk. I enjoy staying here and would stay here on my own if there was a need.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business