“I wish I could give more stars!!!”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gilbertsville
“I wish I could give more stars!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just had our son's wedding at the Eden Resorts, it was the most wonderful place to have a wedding and reception!!! Their staff that took care of us (Sara, Alesia, Marisa, Amanda, and Tammy) were awesome!!! They were always there when we needed anything and incredibly friendly. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was beautiful, and the accommodations were wonderful!!!
I left my windows open in my van because of the heat, of course there was a thunderstorm while we were celebrating, I asked for some towels to dry my seats, they insisted that I kept the towels so we wouldn't get wet on our way home!! How great is that, they even covered my stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the most wonderful day we could have ever asked for! We will be back!!!

1 Thank Jeff K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Hiltons, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently took our grandchildren to Dutch Wonderland and stayed at the Eden Resort. Overall it is a great place and I would stay there again and highly recommend it. The girl that checked me in was not so friendly--- they were very busy--but I feel check in people help form your first impression of the hotel and should make every effort to smile and make you feel welcome. Lobby was great very clean and updated. No charge for parking--other hotels charged up to 18.00. Our room was nice. Again very clean and updated. Our room opened up poolside to the indoor pool and I was concerned as we had a 4year old and a 5 year old with us, but they had a great locking system it was not in reach of children and they also had a bell alarm that went off when the door was open( it was not loud and irritating though). Indoor pool and spa were very nice----floor was a little slippery---but staff did work very hard to keep water off of tiles. Again staff not so friendly. Outdoor pool and recreation area were great. Lots of things for kids in the kids zone. The staff running the zone were very friendly. They provided free ice cream cones and the two people running this were smiling and talking even though there were still at least 20 people in line when the time was up they went and got more cones and kept serving. We had breakfast in the Hotel a little expensive for the kids. A 4yr old or 5yr old doesn't eat that much. The buffet is very nice and the food is great. Good for adults. Check out was ok. Again I think if you are going to call yourself a resort and charge the fees your staff should go above and beyond but this may not matter to others. To sum it up --Nice hotel, clean, updated, great areas for kids to play with lots to do, very nice indoor and outdoor pools, Breakfast (the only meal we ate there) was very good but a little expensive for a 4yr and 5yr old, staff ok -could work on people skills and being a little more friendly, but would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Lancaster area.

2 Thank jlvicars
pa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First of all - the hotel was beautiful, the rooms comfortable and spacious (ours was a queen suite that opened onto the indoor pool), the candy at check-in was a nice touch. I really loved the bath & body works products in the bathroom!!

The negatives? The place was packed when we were there (July 5th), so it was next to impossible to use any of the amenities. There was a wedding that same night, so the lobby was incredibly loud, but that's to be expected. It was nice that there was a 'quiet after 10 pm' sign, but some guests obviously took that as a welcome to be obnoxious in the hours before 10 pm (running up and down the halls, yelling, etc.)

The big negative, though, was the lack of cellphone reception in the rooms. I had to go out into the hall several times to get a connection on my cingular phone. Wifi was also spotty.

For those who don't want to utilize the in-house restaurants, you're in safe walking distance to a Sheetz for snacks. :-)

2 Thank thewanderingkind
willoughby ohio

Last year I spent a week at the Grand Floridian at Disney World. This hotel is
has all the emenities and more than the Grand Floridian. The fact that you could
spend the whole week at the hotel and have plenty to do speaks volumes. The service
is excellent. The little things mean everything, like the free ice cream poolside in the
afternoon. The fact that all the sports equipment is provided at the pool. There is
even a Sheets gas station on the grounds, if you need gas or snacks.

Room Tip: pay the extra and get a suite overlooking the pool. The balcony is worth it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Without a doubt, the Eden resort is #1 on our list of places to stay. The rooms, the outside grounds, and restaurants are immaculate! Also, we needed assistance for a closet door in our room, and maintenance was there in less than 5 minutes. There are the BEST for customer service!

Room Tip: They are also pet friendly!
1 Thank MamaSue0928
Fitchburg, MA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently stayed during our trip to Lancaster. We loved the beautiful outdoor pool. Although the indoor pool was also nice, we experienced issues with the lights and the hot tub in the indoor pool area. The deck around the indoor pool was also very slippery. We did not eat in the restaurant but did order room service several times because it was very convenient for my two year old who didn't want to leave the pool to eat in the restaurant. The villa room was very nice with a comfy bed. The bathroom was a little bit dirty in the corners but the room was really nice overall. The rooms are very well insulated but you can hear lots of highway noise (trucks) when you go outside or open the sliding door. We plan to stay here again if we are in the area mainly because of the pool.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank abc123456
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I wanted to write my review/opinion on trip advisor because I know I really do rely on people's opinions before choosing the right place to stay, especially with two young children. We arrived at the Eden resorts with our two children on July 3. Our room was not quite ready, so we were invited to change into our suits and use the pool. The front desk staff gave my little ones some chocolate which MADE their day after a 7 hour ride.
Once we were changed we were told our room was ready. We stayed in a two bedroom Queen Suite. The suite was clean and neat and perfect for us. It was located near the pool near the main entrance and I loved the location. It was not too loud, except at the dinner time hour when people were arriving home from restaurants, but that was only from about 8 til 9. They have signs about quiet time at 10 which I really liked too.
Unfortunately, a little while after we were there at the pool my son fell and was injured while poolside. We needed to call 911 and needless to say we were scared beyond belief. The lifeguard Sara was at our side immediately with assistance and was helping to calm my nerves. She was effecient, educated and so kind. In a situation that could have been very bad, she gave me relief things would be ok. After returning from the hospital with our little guy, the manager Marc was nothing but accommodating. People called to check on us, the staff all asked about him and we really felt the sincerity from the employees. We have traveled a lot and sometimes people's attitude and personality make the stay worthwhile.
The fire alarm did go off accidentally that night, but we were all given a food credit to spend while there (which was very generous) and my kids were able to fall right back to sleep which was important.
All in all, we spent our short time there indoors bc my little guy was not himself and injured. I felt the hotel surpassed any expectations we had upon arriving and we are looking forward to going back one day to experience it again accident free. We will not stay anywhere else but here:)

(The only thing I did have an issue with was the tv. It is a very MINOR issue. There are no channels for little, little ones. No Nick JR, no disney jr..the disney channel and nick channel have shows for kids that are older. My kids are both under the age of 5 and we usually let them watch one show before bed. Thought bc so many people travel here with little ones they would have more options for them to watch. Again, I only knew this bc we were inside a lot and there was nothing to put on for them if they wanted it.)

3 Thank beachNK2