“A Home away from Home..”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything was Great, I can't wait til June for my next visit. My room was immaculate!! The atmosphere was wonderful. Both restaurants served Great food. The indoor pool area was even great with plenty of water lol. At night the building has a wonderful look with all the lights shining bright.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Dpaige_03
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. We are delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and it is truly our pleasure to exceed your expectations. Thanks for the wonderful compliment and we are honored to be your "Home away from Home".

Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit in June.

Mark Clossey,GM

Write a ReviewReviews (5,006)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I traveled to Lancaster for a girls shopping getaway. The hotel was welcoming and the customer service was outstanding. The room was clean and inviting and the beds were comfortable. The pillows were plentiful and there was the option to upgrade. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. The hotel has a pool, hot tub and exercise facilities which looked appealing but I did not utilize.The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is within ten to fifteen minutes of Bird in the Hand and Intercourse where there is a great deal of Amish shopping and activities we were interested in. I had a great experience and highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CaroJourney
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As the other reviewers have indicated, this is a very nice, attractive upscale property. My room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I stayed two nights, and housekeeping was excellent. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was still somewhat disappointed in this place, thus accounting for the rating of Very Good and not Excellent.

For example:

1. Check in and check out was efficient and professional, but not overly friendly.

2. Place is large and crowded when I visited (mid-March); it felt like staying in a large, impersonal hotel in a big city. I guess I was expecting a little more of the PA Dutch / Lancaster friendliness that I experienced elsewhere on my trip.

3. Indoor pool and hot tub / whirlpool were beautiful, but every time I stopped by it was overrun with poorly behaved children and adults (some of the adults were even smoking by the indoor pool). For such an upscale place, I thought that management should provide more oversight of pool area.

4. It is a pet friendly hotel (which somewhat contrasts with its upscale image). I saw a woman walking her dog towards a room; the dog crapped in the hallway. UGH. Not the fault of the hotel, per se but still....

All in all, it was a nice place, but I'm not certain that it was worth the extra cost. However, I did partake of the Sunday Champagne Brunch, which was outstanding (see separate review).

Room Tip: Request a room away from pet friendly area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank CynthiafromOhio2011
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and personal observations with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. That is not indicative of the Eden and the service we want to provide. Your suggestions are very important and have been reviewed with the respective Eden Managers. We look forward to having you stay with us again and exceeding your expectations.

Best Wishes and safe travels.

Mark Clossey, GM

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have traveled to Lancaster many times over the years and have stayed at many different hotels. Some leaving a lot to be desired. The Best Western Eden Resort is by the far the best hotel in Lancaster. I wish I had know about this place sooner. The property is beautiful and centrally located to all Lancaster has to offer. It took us 3 minutes from the hotel to rt.30 where the outlet stores are. We stayed in the Red Rose suite on the 2nd Fl....Beautiful! The room was spotless and soo spacious. We had a comfortable king bed, tv in the bedroom, separate vanity area outside the bathroom. The bathroom also has a sink and stand up floor to ceiling tiled shower. Very Nice. My daughter stayed in the tv room on the pull out couch which was in very good shape. There is an entrance to the bathroom from the living room as well as the main bedroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful, room service was very good too. The indoor pool was nice and clean, heated. There are computers built in areas throughout the hotel which was very convenient to check email and such. We will definitely be back again !

2  Thank BethR222
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I traveled to Lancaster to attend a funeral. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of staying at a Best Western as it's not my favorite hotel chain. I quickly learned that the Eden is not your average Best Western. The room was spotless and comfortable. Far nicer than a lot of properties where I have stayed. The staff was genuinely nice. The only thing that would have made it better would be either a breakfast that was included with the room or one that was reasonably priced. Luckily, we had a frig and microwave in the room, so we were able to make do on our own.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kathleen C
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort & Suites was one that exceeded your expectations. We are sorry to learn of the circumstances that brought you to the Eden Resort. On behalf of all the Eden Associates, we are sorry for your loss and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My first stay this month was for pleasure, St. Patty's day weekend the other half and I ventured to Lancaster County for our annual mud sale trip. We stayed where we always stay for this trip at the Eden Resort. We had a two room king suite this time and loved it. We were able to check in an hour early when we arrived, and enjoyed a drink at Garfields before going to the Roseville Tavern up the Oregon Pike for dinner. We also enjoyed the Champaign Brunch, a must go to if you are staying the Saturday into Sunday at the Eden.

The second stay this month wasn't for pleasure or business, but for a family funeral. Not the most pleasant thing you want to return for, but Nichole Slaybaugh the Revenue Manager for the Eden Resort, made our stay. She was able to get my sisters room booked, mine plus a few more at the last minute, with very few rooms left! The kids loved the indoor pool, I would have loved to have had a chance to get in the hot tub, unfortunately time ran out on me the three nights we were there. We did have a hiccup or two when there, my Fiance's shirt got put with the General Manager's cleaning, and upon check-in we thought we were going to have to change rooms, but ended up not having to, and the shirt got dropped off to the room within the hour of realizing the mistake. Once again, the Eden Resort is the place to stay anytime you are in Lancaster County. This should always be your first and last choice no matter what.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, but try to avoid pool side - the chlorine smell and the noise when trying t...
2  Thank Linda S

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read that our Eden Staff provided you with thoughtful and gracious service during your recent visits. I was sorry to hear of your loss, and on behalf of all the Eden Team, our deepest sympathy and prayers are bestowed to you and your family. Your compliments for our resort and staff are sincerely appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

When you book a Villa at a Best Western Premier resort, you have every right to expect outstanding accommodations, services, hospitality, and features. The good stuff first...the villa provided a beautiful king size bed in a large space with TV and fireplace,... If you burn the log, you have to buy another one, however. The separate room with bunk beds and another TV was a big hit with our teenagers. If you didn't open the door or the sliding glass door, it was very quiet and pleasant. Since it was March, we didn't open the slider, but if you did, the roar of the very close HWY 30 made talking difficult. We were about 200 yards away from the lobby in a stand alone villa with 4 rooms. Getting to the indoor pool...one of the main reasons I chose this place...meant braving an open air trek in 30+ degree weather, so none of us got our suits wet. On the first morning, left the family in the room while I went exploring through the main hotel building to locate the complimentary breakfast site. Upon reaching the lobby and asking where it was, I was greeted with astonished stares and then the question, "Did you receive a voucher?" I had not, so I was directed to the front desk where the desk clerk told me that I was not entitled to a voucher for the hotel restaurant, but I was welcome to eat there and pay for my breakfast if I chose. I have stayed at many levels of motels and hotels and have never paid $166 per night and not been offered a complimentary breakfast! Lastly, there is the parking situation. The hotel is very large and spread out over a large piece of land which closely borders HWY 30. Arrangements for parking apparently came after they laid out the hotel and the stand alone villas. As a result, there are only about 10 parking places anywhere near the villas. If you come back from a dinner/show after 9PM, you can expect to park at least 100 yards away, and it was more like 200 yards the last night.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the villas
1  Thank FrenchConnection46
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Eden Resort. We take your crtitique very seriously and we will be adressing the oppportunities you brought up. I apologize for any inconvenience you and your family encountered. I have sent you a personal e mail through Trip Advisor. When your travels bring you back to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, I would be happy to work with you to find a quiet suite located inside the Resort for your convenience. As well many of our features and packages listed on our web site seasonally include meals for your planning and final decisions.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites and being our guest.