“Love their villas!”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Tripadvisor does it once again! Based on these reviews, my son and I stayed at this property because he had to attend a football camp in the area. We received an upgrade to a two bedroom villa, which was fantastic! It was like staying in a two bedroom townhouse...separate rooms, bathrooms, and full kitchen amenities. We also went to the Sunday brunch, which had EVERYTHING! Great hotel. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a villa
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PickyMarylandTravele

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to getaway for one night together, and called the Eden Resort & Suites to ask about their deals for Central PA residents. For a very fair price the package includes 25% off any available room, 2 full breakfast buffet vouchers at Arthur's Terrace Restaurant (in the resort), 25% off any other food or drinks purchased during your stay, and a coupon book voucher (for shopping at Tanger Outlets).

Upon arriving we were told that our King guest room wasn't ready, but would we mind if they upgraded us to the Penthouse Suite...of course we said we didn't mind at all ;)
The Penthouse Suite was very spacious and beautiful - with a small but full kitchen, a comfortable living space with huge flat screen TV, gas fireplace, sleeper sofa, and full downstairs bathroom with shower.

The upstairs loft bedroom featured a Jacuzzi tub for two, in room sink counter top, King bed, and a small closet-like room with a toilet.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I'd like to return in the summer to try out their recent outdoor pool area, which was closed for the season. They had pool tables, picnic tables, grills, a kid's area, and a small basketball court.

Cons: The reason I gave the Eden four stars is because our dinner at Garfield's was just 'alright' for the price... the jets in the bathtub didn't seem to work right, and the resort is close to the highway (which didn't bother me, but may be a factor for some)

Pros: The full breakfast was delicious....the upgrade was great (loved the Jacuzzi), the bed was comfortable...and I appreciate the fact that they have a special offer for locals....Overall the Eden is a nice place to go - especially for a one night getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YolandaCara85
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just returned from a two day get-a-way with my mom at Best Western Eden Resort. I wanted to give my mom a break (her dad, my grandfather, just passed after a short illness and she needed a few days away from life). I searched and searched for a luxurious hotel with a spa, an easy drive from home that was reasonably priced. I came across Eden Resort and decided that we could find a close spa and give the hotel a try. I am glad that we tried it - and I am now looking for any reason to head back!
Checking in was a breeze and was quite delightful! The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful!
We had a double queen room on the first floor that we were able to walk right out to the indoor pool and hot tub. The rooms are beautiful - modern but very comfortable. Pretty furniture in the rooms - night stand is marble topped (matches bathroom), desk and chairs are up-to-date. The bathroom is a little small (no room for a towel bar) but definitely updated with marble counter tops and tile floors.
We saw families at the pool others ordering dinner to be delivered from one of the hotels two restaurants, but we opted to put on clothes and check out the restaurants.
We ended up having dinner at Garfields both evenings (the hotel's second restaurant is Arthur's and it was booked for a group dinner the night we wanted to go there).
The first night, a Sunday night, they were out of their advertised prime rib so my mom had their citrus salmon and I had 1/2 rack of ribs. Both dinners came with soup & salad bar, choice of potato and steamed veggies. Lots of food - no room for dessert!
Our second night, we ended up back at Garfields. My mom was able to get her prime rib and I had fried haddock (thinking - mmmm, fish & chips). We both had the soup & salad bar, baked potato and steamed veggies again. My mom loved her prime rib - it was cooked perfectly! I didn't care for the fried haddock, but blamed it on what I had in mind (fish & chips vs fried fish). When our waitress asked why I didn't eat all of my fish, I told her it just wasn't what I had in mind. Minutes later, the manager came over and apologized for the fish and said, he noticed I'd eaten half of it and he would take half off the cost of the meal. I was shocked! I hadn't complained and they were offering to fix it right away! I was so happy, I ordered another raspberry cosmo :)
The rate we purchased included breakfast at Arthurs both mornings. Our first morning, we made it there around 10:00 am (breakfast ends at 11:00 am with last seating at 10:30 am). Delicious spread of fresh fruit, hot scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, biscuits and sausage gravy and an assortment of cereals, breads and danish along with our choice of beverage. Plenty of food to get you going on your day! We opted to sleep in the next day :)
Overall, an excellent experience. We are planning more short trips to Lancaster and specifically this hotel! The only thing that would make the hotel better would be if they had an on-site day spa :)

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are super quiet - no traffic noise at all!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crowemommy
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The place is lovely. Rooms are clean and comfortable and food is absolutely delicious. We had brunch and it was so wonderful and price was quite reasonable. The quality was well worth more than the price.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Cyndimann
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I was delighted to read you throughly enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best wishes and safe travels.

Mark Clossey, GM

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The front desk staff was friendly, rooms fantastic, amenities superb. Although I didn't use it, a fax machine in the room would be a great benefit if needed. A bit of a walk to my room, but good exercise. Easy on an off to the major highways.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ctheworld8
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel gets a 5-star rating for customer service, cleanliness, and comfortable accomodations; however......I would give it a 2 for noise (we were in one of the villas RIGHT next to Rte 30) and a 2 for pool management. The pool was beautiful, but was full of young, uncontrolled children, screaming and running around and constantly in and out of the hot tub. My children are older and they were annoyed. I would have really liked to enjoy the pool and hot tub and am disappointed in the hotel's lack of backbone enforcing the rules.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kristen S
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Eden Resort and Suites. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. Your opinion does matter and I have sent you a personal e mail through Trip Advisor . I apologize for any inconvenience you and your family encountered. Our Manager On Duty is available for twenty-four hours a day to follow up any concerns and our "pool rules" are posted for all guests to review and follow. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.

I look forward to your reply and speaking with you directly. Thank you most of all for choosing the Eden Resort and being our guest.

Mark Clossey,GM

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Honestly, my stay at this Best Western was much more than I had expected. The room (I was upgraded to a suite just for asking), the amenities, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff when I asked... they were all above my expectations. Best Westerns are hit or miss for me - this was only the second stay in my entire life because the first wasn't great at all. The meeting I attended in Lancaster was at the hotel, so I decided to stay, and I'm glad that I did.

The staff should be proud of that facility and what they have been able to put together. Was definitely top notch. As someone who normally stays at Starwood properties (Westin, W, Sheraton), I felt as comfortable here as I have at any of the Starwood hotels.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you can. Massive rooms with sometimes 3 beds.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank claybrizendine
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dae Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and personal observations in your recent Trip Advisor posting. We are delighted to read "you were pleasantly surprised and we exceeded your expectations"! We are honored to be one of the first Best Western Premiers in the USA. It is our pleasure to create special memories, provide exceptional service, impeccable housekeeping, and an array of wonderful amenities.

Thank you for staying with us, and when your travels bring you back to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Best wishes and safe travels.

Mark Clossey,GM