“Outdoor pool was overcrowded”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dumont, New Jersey
“Outdoor pool was overcrowded”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We have been to Lancaster county many times with the kids. We decided to stay at this hotel for the first time because of the new outdoor pool. The outdoor pool was very nice but was too overcrowded making it not very enjoyable. We found out from one of the staff that the hotel sells pool memberships to people not staying at the resort. We were at the outdoor pool at multiple times during our stay there. When leaving the hotel one day we saw multiple people get out of there car and walk straight to the pool. There is one lifeguard who was doing a good job and was very alert but with that amount of people I think there should be at least 2 or 3. There is no lifeguard at the kiddie pools. My son was looking forward to playing on the pool table and the ping pong table at the pool but it was constantly in use and he never got a chance during our stay. There is only one ping pong table and one pool table.

Also, we had a two bedroom king studio villa and it was very clean and spacious. My only complaints about the room were that the sliding door did not open to the patio, fan in the bathroom was very loud and we could hear the a dog walking back and forth upstairs during the middle of the night.

Hotel looks very nice and is well maintained but management really needs to re-think selling pool memberships if they want families like mine to come back.

I found this on their website. Pool membership...

5 Thank Grumguy
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. We appologize for any inconveniences you may have encounterd. I am sorry you did notice the rules and regulations regarding our new outdoor pool activities. The rules are posted in front of each activity for children 10 years and older, how to sign out equipment at our guest service window. One of the rules mentions how adults may sign up in advance and reserve a time to enjoy with their children as well. This is very easy to do and allows everyone to have turn.

Thank you most of all for choosing the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites and being our guest. Please contact me personally if I may be of further assistance.

Mark Clossey,GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
Purcellville
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Perfect room for solo traveler visiting family and friends and expecting visitors.to the room. It was so great I never left it and had room service I never do as a result(huge really fresh fruit bowl, real hot tea, and mediorce pastries , congenially served at exact ordering time. Beware of being near Rt 30.. My room was completely sound proofed.GREAT tiny be!dreading lamps, never seen before , all hotels should have ! Staff though so busy , very accomodating. Personally escorted some of my older visitors to my door ! Housekeeping staff friendly and tho no English, one could sign ! Read other reviews cause i could see how both opinions( the positives like mine, and if in public noise , there might be the negative ! I loved it !

Room Tip: Room fantastic, full kitchen/livingroom area. First floor access seperate bldg suites
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank skipper33_11
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The experience of staying at Eden Resorts was extremely pleasurable. My boyfriend and I delighted ourselves with the pool and hot tub. We ate from each of the restaurants and we pleased. The prices are within reason. The location of the resort is right off of the expressway that we traveled to get there. That was also convenient. The gasoline station next to the resort offered good prices for gas, and was well supplied with snacks and last minute items. We can't wait to return back to Eden Resorts. The staff was friendly but none as friendly and accomodating as "Pearl" who drove us into "Kettle Kitchen" shopping area. She was great!

Room Tip: I would make my reservation earlier next time prior to my trip.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank citytraveler60795
purcellville
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just wrote fantastic review and you did not accept my email that I know is my email and though not sure of password.. Lost this wonderful total more than satisfactory experience review of this superb find after many years of going to Lanc. When you sent me password reset, could not find review when returning to site. Would love to have had all that went well here but not the time to keep doing this ! PLEASE READ WHY NOT COMPLETED ANYONE ! It was such a good one ! Maybe another day.

Room Tip: aware of nearby RT 30! Rooms spacious, total kitchen, living room/ fireplace. Bedreading lights eve...
Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank skipper099
Middletown, PA
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed here in February for a special romantic Valentine's getaway. Arrived right at the time of checkout and was promptly given my room and detailed information on how to get to it. The suite that I had booked turned out to be beautiful, even nicer than the website described. It was spotless! The bed was very comfortable, as was the living room area furniture.  Bathroom featured an INCREDIBLE rain shower, which was absolutely amazing. We ate locally, as the hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants, as well as a short drive from the main city of Lancaster. I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PAvandal
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Great place for the family, especially for the little ones (great water park) on the grounds.
The rooms were clean and very well kept. Restaurants were priced right and very attractive.

Room Tip: Cardkey access is an added security feature for access to the 2nd and 3rd floors via the elevator.
3 Thank PeterJ08
Hope Valley, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This resort is top notch. We had a wonderful three night stay. There was so much for the kids to do that they didn't want to leave the hotel. They swam in the pool, played mini golf, pool, etc... My husband and I had planned to take them to Hershey Park but the kids didn't want to leave the pool!! That saved us over $200 and they were thrilled!!! I highly recommend this hotel to families looking for a place to relax.

My only negative comment is that the indoor pool is closed during inclement weather (thunder/lightening forecast) because of a glass ceiling. Why have an indoor pool if it has to be closed during bad weather? Isn't that the point of having an indoor pool?!?!?!

2 Thank anniekate4