“Really nothing special...” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Really nothing special...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

Requested and received a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the indoor pool. When we entered the room the was a very strong chlorine smell. The room was small for a "resort" and had a small balcony overlooking the indoor pool area. When I opened the door the chlorine smell and the heat were unbearable. The kids skipped the pool that night. The pool was suppose to close at 10 pm so that we could sleep. Even with the door and window closed the pool noise was loud. Wasn't till close to 10:45 that the voices, yelling and lifeguards whistle stopped. About an hour later the clanking from the cleaning crew finally stopped. Next morning the pool looked very cloudy.

Three of the pillows in our room had the pillow cases on them inside out. When I asked the front desk if they reused the cases before they washed them they said it was a "training issue"(no apology).

Definitely not a "resort". More like an old hotel with an indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. I appologize because we failed to meet your expectations.

Our Resort offers a Manager On Duty 24 hours per day and by dialing -0-, we are glad to assist any concern. We did respond to the pool water immediatlely that morning and all chemicals and clarity were properly adjusted through our checks and balances prior to opening.

Our Housekeeping team takes great pride in their efforts. We are sorry our Housekeeping Director did not reach you personally to assure you that the Housekeeper did properly clean and sanitize your guest room. They did not, unfortunately, place the pillow cases on properly and that is a very important detail as you pointed out.

Your comments are appreciated and I have personally followed up to assure our training and coaching emphasizes your concern.

I have sent you a personal e mail through Trip Advisor. I look forward to assisting you on your next visit to Lancaster, County, Pennsylvania. Please contact me if maybe of further assistance.

Mark Clossey, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
Ocean NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times. What I really like about it is that it operates as a true "Resort" with all the ameneties you would want to have such as: LARGE Indoor and outdoor pools with life guards, waitress services around the pools, multiple restaurants and bars on site, Large Suite rooms with 1 or 2 large flat panel TV's in each room (or regular rooms if you prefer), refrigerators even stoves in the largest suite rooms, lots of hotel staff to help you, very good house cleaning, room services, etc). All of this you will not find in many hotels (or any) in this area. On a scale of 1-10 on "luxury" I would give it a 7 or 8 which keeps this hotel affordable and attractive for families but overall quality is very good. It is dog friendly too!

The only negatives I will say is we have stayed twice during a large wedding and the hallways can get roudy late at night and wake you up. The hotel does frown upon this and puts up "sleep zone" signs... but sometimes late nighters don't listen. I also feel the indoor pool was a bit murky on the last stay... they need to clean it up. Lastly you should also be aware the outdoor pool is being re-done so right now you can get a room with a view of construction. BUT... it will be GREAT when it is done this summer with many improvements like a kids sprinkler zone. I plan to go back and check it out.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NickOceanNJ
Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

When you have high expectations from previous visits, there is always the possibility of disappointment. Instead, the Eden Resort continues to amaze us with value and quality. Not sure what a previous visitor could complain about, but EVERY staff member would say hello as they passed in the hall. Front desk was extremely fast and helpful. And this place just gets better since we first started coming 8+ years ago. Rooms are very comfortable, restaurants are superb and they seem to always be upgrading (a new outside pool opens this summer). My only concern is that the secret seems to be out, this is the most crowded I've seen the common areas (indoor pool, etc.) Perhaps I should stop posting how much we enjoy our stay!

Room Tip: Check out the specials on Eden's website.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank martesque
Highland Mills, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

Beautiful hotel. Extremely clean, and comfortable. Professional and friendly service. Top quality rooms and comfort. Much more than we expected! Cannot wait to go back and stay longer!

11.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janine79
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

I love this hotel. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. I look forward to staying here whenever I visit Lancaster. The front desk is friendly and efficient. I'm always amazed at how fast and smooth the check-in process is.
This visit I tried the breakfast buffet at Arthur's and I really enjoyed it! The only minor negative thing I could say about this hotel is that the elevator is small (big enough for only two with luggage). I always just take the stairs, but there are only 3 flights, so not that big of an inconvenience. I highly recommend this hotel and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else during my stays in Lancaster.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank litllion8
bucks county, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

A top notch hotel. Everytime my girlfriend and I travel to Lancaster we stay here. We love everything about The Eden Resort. We always get a good nights sleep and enjoy the many amenities the Eden Resort offers

Room Tip: I would recomend asking for the West Wing
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeremy007
Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

My husband and I recently celebrated my 50th birthday in the 2 bedroom penthouse and it was wonderful! Every room was clean and nicely decorated. We especially enjoyed the romantic fireplace and had our choice of 4 flatscreen tv's to watch. The staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. We ate at Arthur's Restaurant, which is located in the hotel, both mornings and found the breakfast buffet to be delicious. Room service was delivered quickly for a late night snack. Next time we go, we plan to attend the outrageous Sunday Brunch which is served in a luxurios banquet room which has a flowing waterfall. This hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway or a large family vacation. It offers something for everyone and is convenient to get to.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple