“My home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Love the Homewood and it's staff. I stay at this hotel frequently and have a great experience each and every time. Great to have a 'suite' environment with a nice kitchen so I can still eat healthy while on the road. Also a nice feature that they will do the grocery shopping for you if you wish.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Yogamonkey1

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed at Homewood suits July 25-28 2011. Room was spacious but the leather chair was worn through on both the seat and right arm. One of two breakfast seats has a large stain on the cloth seat. Other minor issues clock was off by 40 min and cannot be manually set (atomic clock). handle on sink draw was broken in two and sharp. This was fixed by trying to glue the pieces together but was not very strong. The manager Jeff was informed of all these issues on Wed morning and only the sink drawer handle was semi-fixed. The last issue was a lose toilet seat which was adequately tightened on Wed. On the plus side the breakfast was nicely done and more than adequate with a light dinner available Mon - Thurs. Overall the state of the furniture and poor response to the issues which were addressed with the manager Jeff were mostly unresolved. Certainly not up to Hilton standards.

Room Tip: Any issues with your room should be addressed immediately with the front desk and possibly get a ch...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BobW8
LNSHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Hello, this is Jeff the General Manager of the Homewood Suites. Please call the hotel at (717) 381-4400 and ask for me so we can discuss the issues you have had in greater detail. Since the issues that you had were not resolved to your satisfaction, we would like to extend our Suite Assurance Guarantee to you. We are very sorry your experience here was not what you hoped it would be, and we will do whatever we can to improve your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

The room itself was very nice. I have no complaints. Spacious, updated and comfortable. However, I am a non-smoker and asked for a non -smoking room and the room I got - 232 - smelled like an ash tray. When I checked out I mentioned that the room smelled like someone had been smoking in it. I was informed that people smoke outside of this room and they have had problems with the cigarette smell filtering into the room. They told me if I stay here again to ask for a room near the front of the hotel where they don't have this problem.

My only other comment was that this is definitely a hotel for families. Tons of kids at the breakfast in the morning. I didn't notice anyone else in a business suit except me!

Nice hotel overall if they could solve the cigarette smell problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DES_travels_alot
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We absolutely love this hotel. It's roomy, clean, & beautiful. My kids are 3 & 6 years old & it's perfect for a family. We can serve them meals if we need to because the room offers both a full kitchen & dining table. It's location is also ideal. Right up the road from Chili's, 3 minutes from a shopping plaza which also has a Walmart, Supermarket, & even a Chuck E Cheese should you encounter bad weather! 5-10 from DW & all things Amish & about 30 minutes from Hershey. I've already booked trip #4!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank munchiemama
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel June 30 - July 3 2011. It was for a soccer tournament. I loved the location of the hotel. The breakfast was good and had lots of choices. The staff was very friendly.
The room was clean and the beds very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank momtoo2
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Our main priority is that we prefer our toddlers sleep in a separate room (so they can sleep at their normal bedtimes). Loved their large rooms with separate tv for the kids and one for mom and dad in the bedroom. The staff are so friendly, helpful and hard working even when the hotel was fully booked with some event in town. The kitchen, bath, bedroom and public spaces, including the gym, courtyard, pool and business center were spotless. They provided a pack n play for our little toddler for free. Internet, parking, light dinner (5-7pm weeknites), breakfast (6-9am weekdays) and HBO were free. We loved our stay here. The noise level was very quiet. If I HAD to list one negative, it would be that there may not be enough tables during meals so you may have to bunch up at a smallish table. It was about a 10-15 minute drive from Dutch Wonderland and very convenient to shops and restaurants. We would highly recommend it to families with kids.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Shoper
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed 2 nights during a 4 night get away - love Homewood Suites and this one didn't disappoint! We were there for 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner and since I'm gluten free had to ask a couple of questions about ingredients - they were great in finding the answers and actually let me read some of the food packaging - GREATLY APPRECIATED! We found all staff to be very helpful from suggesting restaurants to activities in an unfamiliar area..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple