“Great hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
New York City, New York
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We had a great experience at this Homewood Suites. The rooms were modern and updated. While there was no hot tub, the pool was very nice. We especially liked the breakfast. I've stayed at many Homewood Suites with work and this was by far the best. There was a great selection of breakfast items: eggs, fresh waffles, fruit, cereal, etc. Also, the gentleman working the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank TheFlyingBeast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
new jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My family and I met at this hotel last weekend for a mini-reunion in Lancaster county. This means we had families with children, singles, and older folks all at the hotel. We all enjoyed our stay.

This hotel is fine--what you would expect from a Hilton chain hotel. The rooms and bathroom were clean, the breakfast was fine, the pool was nice. The kitchens are useful and the suites allowed us to hang out in each others' rooms while still allowing for privacy.

What sets this hotel apart was the service. The staff were exceptionally courteous. They were adept at handling all of our needs (including several times we locked ourselves out of our various rooms) and were friendly and easy to work with. Special thanks to James, the young maintenance man, who dealt with my breaking both the door lock AND the security bar in rapid succession and did not make me feel like an idiot for it. The housekeeping staff we met in the hallways were all lovely people and the front desk worker cheerful at all hours of the day. I cannot say enough for the warm, friendly, service provided by the staff at this hotel.

A note about location-- If you want a hotel right next door to Dutch Wonderland, this is not it. DW, the outlets, and the Amish attractions are about a 15 minute drive away. This hotel is, however, in a MUCH more quiet area, only a minute's drive from a large mall with chain eateries and only a few minutes drive from downtown Lancaster. We found the location to be perfect for a family gathering and we did not have to deal with the insane traffic and congestion along Route 30.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lentilbean
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed here the night before our only child's graduation from college. The hotel is new, and the room beautifully appointed. We chose to ignore the microwave with food cooked onto the turntable, the fingerprints all over the cabinets, and the cup in the cabinet with lipstick marks. Unfortunately, the bedding quality kept us tossing and turning all night, with only about 2 hours of sleep of a planned eight. It had a very sad effect on the enjoyment of what should have otherwise been a day of great celebration. The king mattress sagged and the innerspring structure could be felt, the pillows were flat, and the duvet was so heavy that the option was freezing with only the sheet, or roasting with the duvet. When asked at checkout about our stay, I provided the above feedback and mentioned that it is also based on our being in hotel accommodations about 40-80 nights per year. The manager and attendant brushed off my feedback and both said that "all of their customers love the bedding and even ask where to get it." Ironically, a woman behind me at checkout reiterated my points to the management by saying… "These are the worst beds I ever slept in in my life." Both customers were ignored as the two staff members called the next (and only) other person in the checkout line forward and abruptly cut off the dialogue. Nothing can change the unfortunate effect the lack of sleep from the bedding had on our diminished enjoyment of the subsequent day, but a simple "I'm sorry the bedding was uncomfortable to you" would have actually made us think that they cared about us as customers in some way. We won't have occasion to be traveling to Lancaster post our son's graduation, but wanted to let readers know that we slept very well in the Fairfield by Marriott across the street over the last several years. The breakfast is not nearly as nice as the Homewood Suites, but we would have traded places in an instant for good rest.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WanderingAlchemist
LNSHW, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
WanderingAlchemist,

Thank you for letting the staff know that the bedding during your stay was uncomfortable. I am truly sorry that our bedding was not unbelievably comfortable to you. Everyone's preferences are different that is true, you should have been COMPLETELY satisfied with your stay. I will be contacting you for more feedback regarding this issue. Thank you again for your insight!

Anna
Guest Services Manager
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed here for one night while visiting Lancaster and would definitely recommend it.

There was nobody in the lobby when I arrived but someone came immediately when I entered and they had my room keys ready so check in was about 30 seconds. Room was nice and comfortable. Everything was clean. The TV in the living area didn’t get as many channels as the TV in the bedroom but I may have been doing something wrong.

Breakfast in the morning was good and plentiful. Didn’t use the indoor pool but it looked very nice. Fitness center was really nice. It looked like it was newly added and all the equipment was in great shape. It’s kind of a walk from the part of the hotel where I was staying but that’s not a big deal.

Minor issue: The toilet flushed very slowly and it was kind of noisy. Otherwise, no problems.

Liked this property and would recommend it to anyone staying in Lancaster.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Watthree
Pittston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Staff was friendly and attentive. The attention to detail and cleanliness was extraordinary.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank daisy60
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 4, 2010

we stayed here and the only complaint we had was no whirlpool , which is odd

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnnyboy320
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2010

My parents and I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Lancaster this summer. It could have been better than it was. Housekeeping mistakenly took a souvenir when cleaning the trash from the room. The carpet in the room had some yucky dark stains on it in a few places. The bathroom could have been larger...Our suite did not have a walk-in shower. Breakfast and manager's reception were okay. Didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. If we ever do come back to Lancaster, I would consider staying at the Homewood Suites again. The DVD player and flat panel TVs in the suite were a plus also.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave1289
LNSHW, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Dave1289,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel! I appreciate all the feedback from guests that I can get. Both positive and negative reviews are helpful to our entire staff. I apologize for the issue with our housekeeping staff and the souvenir that was lost. I was not aware of this incident and I would like the opportunity to replace it if that is possible. We have room to grow in every department to better serve and know the needs of all our guests, which we do on a daily baisis. Thank you for giving us the feedback that allows us to only improve!

I hope that if you do return the area that you would let me assist you as much as possible for your lodging needs. We want all our guests to feel at home while staying with us! You can contact me directly at the hotel my extension is 4411. Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites-Lancaster, PA