“would stay again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Our son got our rooms with travel points,so I really cannot not stay about the value-I don't know what they would have cost.We had a king size room,which was a large room,with all that usually comes with it.I was surprised about the fridge,it was a little larger than most.Our room was clean,comfortable bed,bathroom was clean safety handles for the tub and shower.The employees were very nice and helpful.The breakfast had a large variety of food items,no need to eat at a restaurant.I have read some bad reviews on here about this motel,those people must have been at a different Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gooddayb

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed there for 1 night and thought it was adequate for the price we paid (around $110). Price seems even better considering the free breakfast, therefore saving us from having to buy breakfast for the family in the morning. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. I especially liked the free coffee served in the lobby all day and night. Beds were a little mushy but nothing that kept me from sleeping. Only 2 things I would warn future customers:

1. There is only 1 elevator that I could find. If you MUST take the elevator, leave yourself plenty of time in the morning. Around 9:30 everybody was trying to either check-out or get to breakfast and only people on the third floor were able to fit on the elevator. People on the second floor started riding the elevator up just so they could get on. I guess there’s not much a hotel could do about that though.

2. When they say breakfast is ending at 10:00, they mean it! Not be there at 10, but get out at 10. Every table in the room was packed on this Sunday morning, and at precisely 10:00 they began putting away all the food. The breakfast was small but adequate.

Another advantage is there is a Chili’s in the next parking lot. We walked over there around 8:00 on Saturday night just to find that they had a 40 minute wait. So instead of making the kids wait, we decided to go to the restaurant in the Hilton across the street. That restaurant was deserted, and for good reason. I do NOT recommend that at all.

Overall I recommend the Fairfield Inn as a place to rest your head. If you’re looking for resort accommodations then I would keep looking, but if you just want a clean and quiet place to rest for the next day then this is a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SfromJersey
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Definitely needs an update... the rooms are small.. the A/C is damp, the beds are mush. I won't stay at this dumpy dirty hotel again.

they should not even get to say they have a fitness center - a fitness closet was more like it. No weight training equipment at all.

Marriott Platinum Member

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jpm60621
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our family had stayed at this location previously and had enjoyed our stay.

This time around, we found the staff somewhat unfriendly. The breakfast staff (2 ladies) seem especially cold. I greeted them as I entered the breakfast room on the 1st day and they just gave me a look and ignored me. They appeared to be "huffy puffy' as they go about doing their job. The subsequent days were not any better. On one occasion, I was getting a cup of coffee and the lady asked me to move so she can get coffee out of the drawer I was standing in front of. She couldn't wait a few seconds for me to fill my cup. I thought that was rude.

The cleaning staff also avoided my greetings. They also were careless and did not replace empty toilet paper rolls. Twice we had to go down to the front desk to ask for toilet paper.

Lastly, not everyone at the front desk was friendly either.

I would probably give this location another try in the future because it's really convenient for our family. I hope the visit in then future will go back to being a pleasant one.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RST213
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We (couple with two teenagers) stayed here for three nights in April 2010 while re-visiting area colleges to which our son had been admitted. I had requested a quiet room and this request was graciously met. Check-in was friendly and competent. We received a call from the desk shortly after check-in to make sure everything was in order, which it was. A feature that I liked at this Fairfield Inn was that the bathroom sink, mirror and hairdryer were outside the bathroom -- helpful for a family of four trying to get dressed at the same time. At one point in time there was a problem with the bathroom plumbing and we had a response within five minutes of our call to the desk. The problem was rectified while we were at dinner, and when we returned the bathroom had been shaped up and re-stocked with fresh towels.

The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, with fruit, make-your-own waffles, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, instant oatmeal, baked goods, juices, coffee etc.. The man and woman who were the breakfast attendants were extremely pleasant and competent and, when not assisting patrons or re-stocking the breakfast bar, were constantly wiping tables and counters, sweeping the carpet and even wiping down the doors and door frames of the room. They were clearly invested in their workplace and took pride in their jobs.

All in all, a great stay. We would stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank teenagers'mom
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We love the Fairfield Inns, and Lancaster was no exception. Incredibly friendly staff; they suggested an excellent pub/restaurant minutes from the hotel, and the room was splendid, particularly for the price.

Great value and good location; we stayed here to shop at the outlet malls and to check out historic Lancaster.

A great place to stay

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank keatos
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We've stayed here a few times now while visiting our son in college. The people are always friendly and the whole family from children through grandparents enjoyed the breakfast. We wish we had found it sooner!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family