“A bit disappointed this time...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
New York
“A bit disappointed this time...”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our family had stayed at this location previously and had enjoyed our stay.

This time around, we found the staff somewhat unfriendly. The breakfast staff (2 ladies) seem especially cold. I greeted them as I entered the breakfast room on the 1st day and they just gave me a look and ignored me. They appeared to be "huffy puffy' as they go about doing their job. The subsequent days were not any better. On one occasion, I was getting a cup of coffee and the lady asked me to move so she can get coffee out of the drawer I was standing in front of. She couldn't wait a few seconds for me to fill my cup. I thought that was rude.

The cleaning staff also avoided my greetings. They also were careless and did not replace empty toilet paper rolls. Twice we had to go down to the front desk to ask for toilet paper.

Lastly, not everyone at the front desk was friendly either.

I would probably give this location another try in the future because it's really convenient for our family. I hope the visit in then future will go back to being a pleasant one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank RST213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
the hills of connecticut
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We (couple with two teenagers) stayed here for three nights in April 2010 while re-visiting area colleges to which our son had been admitted. I had requested a quiet room and this request was graciously met. Check-in was friendly and competent. We received a call from the desk shortly after check-in to make sure everything was in order, which it was. A feature that I liked at this Fairfield Inn was that the bathroom sink, mirror and hairdryer were outside the bathroom -- helpful for a family of four trying to get dressed at the same time. At one point in time there was a problem with the bathroom plumbing and we had a response within five minutes of our call to the desk. The problem was rectified while we were at dinner, and when we returned the bathroom had been shaped up and re-stocked with fresh towels.

The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, with fruit, make-your-own waffles, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, instant oatmeal, baked goods, juices, coffee etc.. The man and woman who were the breakfast attendants were extremely pleasant and competent and, when not assisting patrons or re-stocking the breakfast bar, were constantly wiping tables and counters, sweeping the carpet and even wiping down the doors and door frames of the room. They were clearly invested in their workplace and took pride in their jobs.

All in all, a great stay. We would stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank teenagers'mom
Sydney
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We love the Fairfield Inns, and Lancaster was no exception. Incredibly friendly staff; they suggested an excellent pub/restaurant minutes from the hotel, and the room was splendid, particularly for the price.

Great value and good location; we stayed here to shop at the outlet malls and to check out historic Lancaster.

A great place to stay

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank keatos
NJ
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We've stayed here a few times now while visiting our son in college. The people are always friendly and the whole family from children through grandparents enjoyed the breakfast. We wish we had found it sooner!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mhs2010
New Jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I have stayed here about 4-5 times and each time, it is a pleasure. From the greeting as you walk in to the smiles at check-out, it is a very relaxing experience.

The rooms are spacious and extremely well-kept. The breakfast is solid and plenty to choose from. But, above all, the staff is exceptional. They tend to your needs with ease. I have referred many people who all have walked away with the same feelings. It is great!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank jjbrandtjr
Endless Mountains, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed a number of times at this Fairfield Inn. Always had a pleasant stay.
The rooms are clean and the staff friendly.
The breakfast is normal for this type of hotel.

Been to a few hotels in the area and always come back to the Fairfield.
Good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dreammj
vatraveler98
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I checked the review prior to me staying at this hotel and was unsure of whether to stay or not. From the review I was more on the side of not staying then to stay. When we arrived at the hotel, we proceeded to go the front desk. The staff was very courteous and accomodating. We asked if we could see the room prior to staying there. The desk worker showed us the room that we would be staying in. It was a very good experiencing. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple