“Nice & clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We arrived late in the evening and had a warm greeting from hotel. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The only negative I have is the breakfast attendant the next morning. She was an older woman that did not smile or show any pleasantries to anyone in the breakfast area. She also began to remove breakfast much sooner than 10:00. Overall, good experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blazer87

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We checked in and the staff were helpful, but not very knowledgeable in regards to their system. They got it all worked out. The room appeared reasonably clean and no problems other than it is showing wear and tear. The ac was a little noisy so if you are light sleeper you may want ear plugs. We also noted that the shower was a bit dark. They need to have better lighting or a lighter shower curtain. We swam in the pool (outdoor pool) which was nice and clean. They did not do a good job stocking towels or opening on time. You may need to ask the front desk for towels before going to the pool. The location is close to the attractions if you are visiting Lancaster along the main strip. The breakfast was extremely crowded and not really worth it. The food ran out quick and was not restocked quickly. Also guests that were making waffles blocked a large section of the breakfast bar. They should place the waffle station at another area. You would be better grabbing something quick at a fast food place. Overall it was an ok hotel, but a little pricey on certain high volume weekends.

1  Thank GBMDCPA
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our room was very nice. Often in hotels, the cleaning staffs neglect the corners and hard to reach places in the bathroom. Of course, while sitting on the commode, one has time to see the neglected corners. I usually have paper towels with me, and I often try to clean up the neglected areas. During our stay, the bathroom in Room 224 met the white paper towel test. The staff was pleasant; the breakfast was good. It was in walking distance of Chile's and Isaac's.

1  Thank driverless
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms and hotel has been renovated since our last stay. The refrigerators in the rooms were great. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Unfortunately the elevator broke during our stay, but we were able to take the stairs.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ChrisB0212
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway with my husband, our two small children and my in-laws. We stayed in room 115, the 2 bedroom suite. I don't know the price point, since I didn't pay for the room, but I am fairly certain my in-laws would have done this again. The room was spacious and very clean. We had three televisions in our room and they were large with great picture quality. Our microwave/refrigerator area was small but adequate. Sofa bed was very useful for our kids. The beds are SUPER comfortable and I slept like a baby... when it was quiet enough to sleep. The only downside to our stay was the NOISE in this hotel. While we were guests, so were about a hundred teens on a sports trip. They were typical teens, they butted in line during breakfast, they knocked you down to get past you in the hall and they laughed and sounded like elephants above us until about 2 am. each morning. Our room was next to the pool, so there was some noise out there after the 10 pm. curfew as well, but the hotel staff took care of that promptly. Overall it was a great stay, but I wish I had known there was going to be literal busloads of adolescents on the property so I could have prepared myself ahead of time... if that's even possible.

3  Thank dittohead24
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is dated but nice and clean. The rooms are average size. The beds are comfortable and the hotel is in a quiet location. There are plenty of dining options within walking distance. The lobby is small and cramped. They have a large selection of items for purchase in there pantry, just in case one is trapped by snow. The staff is friendly. I will continue to stay here. It is worth the price and worth a try.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mel88hrman
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel provided a convenient and comfortable stay during my recent visit to the Lancaster area. It is near the highway, but tucked away just enough to provide a quiet and restful night's sleep. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple