Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$160
$112
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
$200
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againamish attractionsbusiness travelamish countrythe breakfast areaeasy accessoff the highwayvery nice hoteloutdoor poolinnsoutletsrefrigeratorgranite
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 8/3/2012 to 8/5/2012. We reserved a King Room however upon check in were told we were upgraded to a Studio King because I had mentioned it was a celebration trip for us when I may the reservation. That was exciting and we were very appreciative. I was hoping it had a hot tub (wouldn’t you?) but alas it did not. Oh well.

The room was nice, although quite small. It was clean and I did not notice anything amiss. However, we did have a problem.

There were three blankets on the bed; a sheet, a bedspread, and a comforter. The bedspread and comforter are both paper thin, you can basically see right through it. Neither provided any warmth. I was freezing all night. The air conditioner seemed not to be working correctly. We had the air conditioner on low, and the second temp dial (from 1-10, 10 being the coldest) on 4 and we were still freezing. Turning below four was not cold air just air circulation. Mind you, I love it cold at night. But because the blankets were inadequate we basically froze. I actually slept in socks and a sweater; and I hate socks!!!! And the pillows were terrible. Small and flimsy. You put your head on it and you sink right down to the mattress. There were four pillows, so I squish one onto a ball, then put a second pillow in top of it. So the first night was not a comfortable sleep.

The next morning my husband spoke to someone at the front desk. We were told someone would look at the A/C unit and we would be brought additional blankets and pillows. We left for the day. We returned back to our room about 4pm. The room was freezing. The air was on high and the temp up to 10. I turned it off. We were given just one extra pillow and no extra blanket. After the air being off for 20 minutes I was still shivering so I put the heat on. Right away the air began to smoke and it set up our smoke alarm. We went down to the desk on our way out for the evening and were told there was no notation that our air conditioner needed to be looked at. We told them we only received 1 extra pillow and no blanket. They said they would send up another pillow and we should check the dresser for the blanket. We asked if we would be able to change rooms if we had to if they could not fix the air and were told we could not, due to availability. We then left for the evening. When we came back that air was just as we left it, no one came to look at it again. There was no extra pillow. Yes, the blanket was in the dresser. But we didn’t use it, because we chose to sleep with the air off and the window open. I did not trust the air, after it had smoked earlier. So we had another bad night of sleep.

As far as the rest of the hotel…free continental breakfast served 6am to 9am. They really should extend it passed 9am. Provided was cold cereal, oatmeal, a banana or orange, a Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich, Sausage Corn Dog, yogurt, Bagels, English muffin, a cinnamon raisin muffin, and make your own waffles. I’ve had a lot better free continental breakfast. The bagel was very dry and tasteless. My husband said the same of the muffins. Even the fruit…either a banana or an orange, were yucky! The juice…either orange or apple…was dispense from a fountain machine and both came out warm. With Amish Country being so close, they should work with the local farmers and bakers and provide a better quality breakfast! We ourselves bought delicious breads, rolls, muffins, and fruit from the various Amish markets. I would have enjoyed seeing the hotel support the local community. The room where breakfast is laid out is rather small and both days (Saturday and Sunday) I had to wait for a table. There were some people sitting at the tables not eating but reading the paper. I feel as though the staff (who was present in the room) should have asked them if they could sit on one of the couches outside the room instead, giving guests the opportunity to eat sitting down instead of eating standing in the corner.

Overall, I did find the hotel clean. Because it was clean, I'll give this an average rating instead of a poor rating due to my experience.

It was very crowded that weekend; lots of families with children. The pool was small but OK. On Saturday night it was over crowded. Hot Tub next to the pool wasn’t working properly but I noticed the day we left they had fixed the knob for it.

The hotel certainly has potential to providing a better service, I think they need to work on a few things. For one, providing better customer service when a client has an issue with their room. And second, they really do need better bedding and pillows!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bandit09
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I recently stayed here after an amazing stay at another Fairfield Inn in PA. While the lobby was very nice and staff very helpful I was surprised at the condition of my bathroom. The room was clean but the bathroom was old and in need of repair. The edging around the tub and shower were pulling up and there was a large crack down the middle of the wall that had been filled and was very obvious. I also found that the automatic wake up calls do not work so if you need one, call the front desk.

While I would stay here again, I am eager to see how it looks once renovations are completed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelingPMP
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night. Super clean! Very rearly you can stay in a hotel that leaves such an impression. Even upscale ones are not always up to par. Everything looked very new and well maintained. I loved modern decor as well - very unexpected in the middle of a very traditional area. Bathroom is very spacious.
The only minus - they stop serving breakfast at 9 a.m.! Although they do have coffee/tea station in the lobby, as well as fresh oranges, it doesn't replace breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IraM123
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great 4 day stay to attend soccer championship tournament. Had the executive suite which was very comfortable for family of 5. Place just updated, excellent service from immediately replacing the fridge and the TV remote, always providing extra towels immediately upon request, staff very patient in the breakfast room but..... were not accommodating when we need to extend our stay since we had no idea we would need 5days vs. 3 days. We r Marriott members and upon our return from a game around 1030am we ask for 1more night and we were told no and would not be given the late check-ouoptioning even after they told us in day one oh don't worry you can extend. it wasn't for that this hotel would be the best. Resturants, grocery stores, mall all around in a 2mile radius

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank rrivera901
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have stayed here in the past, and it was just okay. This time was much better. The rooms have all been redone, and are very modern, and nice now. Service was efficient, but the elevator is unbelievably slow. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and in the future I will request a 1st floor room. The room was a little warm, the A/C didn't seem powerful enough. However, it was almost 100 degrees out, so I'm sure it's fine in normal temps.

The pool is average size for a hotel, and we really enjoyed that it's located outside. Most of the hotels in Lancaster are indoors. The free breakfast is plentiful, and this hotel is just a short drive to Dutch Wonderland.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family