“Exceptional”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Me and my family just got back from a one night stay at the Hampton Inn in Lancaster, From the moment we arrive we noticed how clean the grounds were inside and out. First appearances really can make or break your decision of a place. The lobby was spotless, the front desk was pleasant upon check in, The room we had was 315 and everything in the room was exceptionally clean,It was a real pleasure that they offer complimentary coffee,24/7, The breakfast has a good choice of healthy food, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and drive over to Hershey, They have a nice size pool , couldn't use it do to the weather being on the cool side in August,If we were to have stayed one more night, I would have use it. So if you need a good Hotel to stay at - you won't have to look any further. Now I just need another reason to return back to Lancaster.

Room Tip: The Hotel was quiet thru the whole night. I would ask the font desk, if your prone to be a light sle...
1  Thank Mary S

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Another excellent Hampton Inn. A wonderful breakfast with plenty of choices, both hot and cold. Clean rooms and courteous staff. They even had cookies waiting when we returned in the evening. Very close to Dutch Wonderland and close to Hershey Park. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I would stay here again, breakfast room was a little cramp but not food wasn't bad. It was in a good location, about 5 minutes from Lincoln Highway where all the restaurants and shopping are. There's also a small shopping ctr within walking distance if you don't want to get into your car again. There's restaurants as well. We did not go to the restaurants there this time.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank May S
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Lancaster, PA and the room that they gave us smelled like vomit. The hotel was booked so we couldnt get another room. They really should not have rented a room that was in this condition as it is unsanitary. The hotel staff came to the room and confirmed the smell and compensated us for the night but I would have gladly paid for a clean, sanitary room. This by far was the worst hotel experience we have had.

4  Thank Joji J
Elizabeth S, Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for bringing forth your comments. I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and lack of a fresh smelling room. I am glad to hear you were refunded for the stay; but sorry to hear we couldn't relocate you to a different room. Again, I thank you for bringing this to my attention and can assure you it will be looked into right away.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel is awesome. Everyone is friendly, helpful and very clean. They make you feel at home. Breakfast and pool are fabulous.. Whenever we need anything they are helpful. One time we stayed there and they ran of out gas for the grill. They went out and got it for us.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We checked in for our son's baseball tournament on a Thursday night. Everything was awesome at the Hampton. We had a nice breakfast then used their pc's for Hersey Park tickets & directions. We left in a.m. and didn't get back until very late that night. The next morning was our son's first game and his girlfriend and I decide to skip the game and shop at an outlet. While shopping, I got a call from "the girlfriend's" mom saying her husband had fallen and it was serious and she needed to come home. We rushed back to the hotel, I explained what I knew to a very kind and helpful desk clerk who helped me find the fastest transportation home. (I didn't want to tell my husband and son because I didn't want to ruin this for our son who had been so excited to go) The sweet employee even got us the hotel shuttle and we were off to a train to get us to Pittsburgh. when we got home that night we were told the sad truth that this sweet 17 year old's dad had been hit while trying to stop a neighbor from hurting his wife. With the brain surgery too late, he died the next morning. Although we were booked from Thursday to Monday the 28th, my son and husband naturally had to also check out early Sunday morning on the 27th. my husband briefly explained while checking out 2 days early and was told "no refund because your wife pre-paid on her debit card" The hotels were packed during this time because of several meetings and games and was certain to be booked. So i lose over $400.00 because I paid up front is ridiculous!!!!!!!!! I worked hard for that money and this is just wrong! I had raved about the Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach even getting an owner of our local nail salon to take her very large family there. A lot of money for nothing! Nice to know how you really feel about your customers Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: a room facing the pool may be nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ELAINE M
Elizabeth S, Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hello Elaine,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments. We truly value our guests comments and suggestions. I cannot say enough how sorry I am to hear of this tragedy. I am also sorry that when asked about being refunded that it was not explained as to why we couldn't refund the your stay. Please feel free to contact me for further explaination. I will be more than happy to help you any way I can.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Met all our needs for one night stay to attend American music show, used Hilton rewards points for stay, Did not use breakfast bar, when to Shady Maple, Would stay again and would suggest that others do also. Do not remember any signs on route 30 for this location coming from the east.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple