“Great hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Grasonville, Maryland
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A little pricey to be honest, but by comparison to the area was very nice. I've stayed here before and no issues whatsoever, the last time: uncomfortable bed and hair in my shower. But will not keep me from visiting again. I just look for saving specials.

1 Thank Laurie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Media, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. Close to Lancaster attactions such as the outlets and the city of Lancaster. Clean and bedbug free. Breakfast was good. Have great walking course. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Hotel was full but you would never know it. Very quiet.

1 Thank Carolyn H
Washingtonville, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Motel exhibited a low level of facility maintenance within the room. Mold in the bathroom, refrigerator and microwave did not work, cold air streaming in around the heating unit. Quality of the food at the breakfast bar was barely adequate. Front desk staff were very friendly and tried their best to take care of the problems with the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank John B
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This Hampton was all the things Hamptons are - clean, friendly staff, well cared for rooms. We got a two queen studio suite with pull out sofa. We always love having a sofa in our rooms so we can sit there to eat or just lounge without having to be on the beds. We had room 416 and it was spacious, clean, and very quiet. Even the air conditioner was quiet! We would definitely stay here again if we visit Lancaster. Only complaint is that when my husband went down for breakfast around 9 AM, all the hot items were gone. Granted, he didn't ask if anymore was being brought out but still, not the best service when things are completely empty and don't look like they are in the process of being filled. Other than that, not a single complaint.

1 Thank Pinkrose529
McClure, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family stayed at the Hampton for one night. We had a very pleasant stay....very comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. The hotel was busy that evening, however, our room was very quiet. My family will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Catherine R
Drogheda
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Generally you know what to expect from a Hampton Inn. Fast check in - clean rooms - a reasonable free breakfast in the morning - and it doesn't lighten your wallet too much. The Hampton in Lancaster ticked all those boxes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank therealnickpark
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello therealnickpark,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and your willingness to take the time to review our hotel. We were glad to hear that we "ticked" the boxes that are most important to you. We hope to see you again soon or the next time you are in Lancaster.
We hope you enjoy the Holiday Season. Be well.
Washington DC
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family decided to go to Lancaster for an overnight stay so that we can visit Dutch Wonderland for my two year old son. After researching a bit on Tripadvisor I decided to go with the Hampton Inn. I also had some Hilton Honor points that I needed to use up so our stay there was free.

First of all, the place is extremely close to Dutch Wonderland so the location is perfect. And the hotel looked extremely clean and new. The staff was excellent and very friendly. I asked one of them if we're allowed to bring food into Dutch Wonderland and he didn't know but he went online and took his time to find out the answer for me. Another staff came by and got on her computer to help out also. That's some good customer service!

The only minor downside was that, like some other reviewers mentioned, the walls are extremely thin. I could literally hear every single word the next door guy was saying on his phone and he wasn't even talking that loudly. I'm sure he heard us since I have a two year old and everyone knows they aren't that quiet. Because of this, I was going to give it a 4/5 star but the reason why I gave 5/5 star is this. The morning we woke up, we were about to eat breakfast (free continental - which was excellent) and jet out. Then I found out my car's battery died. With despair, I went to the front desk to see if they can help me out and immediately they called the maintenance person and within 10 minutes my car was jumped and running. I was incredibly impressed by not only the promptness but also the friendliness of everyone that worked there. I tipped the guy who jumped my car and he was like, "are you sure??" He seemed very genuine to help someone out and not just to get accolades or tips or anything. Staff always brings any hotel to another level.

We loved our stay here and absolutely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kwondogg
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here in Lancaster, PA. I am so happy to hear how well you were treated by the staff during your stay. I will be sure to pass your review onto the entire staff as well. I do apologize for the noise that you experienced in your room during your stay. I can imagine this was quite frustrating to deal with. Thank you again for the review and I hope you will come see us again if your travels bring you back to Lancaster, PA.

Warmest Regards