“Still a great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Florida
“Still a great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family vistited this hotel again in Dec. 2011. It was just as pleasant as when we visited in July 2011. The hotel still provided the same excellent quality of service, ambience, and food. The free breakfast bar still had many options and the food was very tasty. We went during Christmas time and the lobby was nicely decorated and even had a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. We will definitely return again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank eringobragh08
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
eringobragh08,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for posting your feedback of our hotel here in Lancaster, PA. I was thrilled to read that you and your family had a wonderful experience, yet again, here at the Hampton Inn Lancaster. By the sounds of it you really enjoyed our breakfast and the decorations we had around our lobby. Our staff was completely responsible for the decorating and I am glad you enjoyed what they did.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2012 if your plans bring your to Lancaster.

Hope all is going well for you in 2012.

Ben Larsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here over night to go to the Sight & Sound Theatre. Check in and out was quick and easy. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a refrigerator, microwave and a coffeemaker for longer stays. Free breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steve121212
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Lancaster. It's about 10 minutes from downtown Lancaster, PA. The hotel is nice, very comfortable, and the breakfast was great. It was expensive for a hotel of its type, but most likely we were paying conference prices. All in all, a very nice stay and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Always best to choose a room on the top floor for noise considerations
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lingenator
Rhode Island
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My family just stayed at this property for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We like staying at Hampton Inns because they are predicable and are moderately priced. As we expected, the breakfast was plentiful and kept well stocked. If anything, it was a bit more varied than the typical Hampton Inn breakfast (several donut/muffin choices each morning and "to go" bags). The woman in charge of breakfast was particularly helpful and always smiling. We appreciated the 24 coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby. There was plenty of breakfast seating in various configurations: couches in front of the TV, tables near the window, barstools along a counter, quieter tables near the business center. A couple of computers and printers (and office supplies) comprised the business center in a nook in the lobby. It was sufficient for our needs. Although no one from my family used the following, we did notice snacks for sale behind the front desk, a small fitness center, and a nice outdoor pool (we were here in November so it wasn't open). This Hampton Inn is in a very convenient location on Rt. 30. We were right between Park City Center mall and Tanger Outlet Mall/Dutch Wonderland and close to Kitchen Kettle Village and Strasburg. Although I didn't visit, the Lancaster Visitor center is walking distance from the Hampton Inn. Also, all of the staff we interacted with were very friendly and helpful, which we appreciated.

I have only a couple small complaints about our stay. One is the beds themselves. They did not seem up to Hampton Inn's comfort level. We guess that maybe they used a king size bedframe for a queen sized mattress, at least in our room. In a couple of places, the metal bars protruded from the frame several inches. After hitting my shin on this and discovering it, I propped pillows up there and we avoided banging into it again. If you sat on the foot of the bed, you felt like you were sliding off the mattress. Again, I think the issue here is it's an incorrect bedframe for the size of the mattress. Since the room was a bit smaller the other Hampton Inns we have stayed in, it was too bad to lose that space due to the bedframe issue. The only other minor complaint is an incident of unpredictable water temperature in the shower. Although this only happened to me on one of the mornings, I did want to mention it. I was taking a hot shower and several times the water temp changed unexpectedly, so much so that I had to step aside and adjust the temp. Since I was the only one in our bathroom (ie no one was using the sink or had just flushed the toilet) I couldn't anticipate when this was going to happen (I'm assuming the shower temp was being affected by water usage in other rooms or elsewhere in the hotel). It did not happen on any other mornings. Maybe the hotel was just exceedingly busy due to the holidays on that particular morning and was experiencing abnormally high water usage??

All in all this is a very clean, conveniently-located, and friendly Hampton Inn and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others or stay here again.

4 Thank GenevieveRI
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Nice Hampton, nice staff, very clean. But, "bagel toppers" for breakfast? You know, this is becoming more common at Hamptons across the country. It's just not acceptable. I don't like cheap "pizza" for breakfast.
Time to get back to the eggs and sausage slices. Everything else, just fine. Wil be back again. Great day in Amish country!

2 Thank leshlb
Middleburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My mom & I spent the night at this hotel this month. The hotel itself is very nice and they offered us soup & cookies that evening after our arrival. But once we went to our room, I heard a lot of noise from people in the hall going to their rooms. The room definitely was not sound proof. Otherwise, it was a decent place to stay. The beds were very comfy (which is my number one reason for staying at Hampton Inns.)

Room Tip: Possibly a room at the end of the hall so you don't have anyone passing by your door.
2 Thank Amy S
Dolgeville, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was on a bus trip. A staff person came out to meet the bus to give the keys to our group leader. There were two groups assigned to the same room but was easily changed without a problem. The rooms were clean. The Queen size bed was comfortable. The breakfast area was clean and the food was delicious. The seasoned home fries were the best. There was a park near the hotel. It had fitness stations, several ponds and unique sculptures in the park. Overall the experience was excellent. I would go back again. All of the people in our group agreed. We may go back in May 2012.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends