“Nice room, breakfast, well.....”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Nice Hampton, nice staff, very clean. But, "bagel toppers" for breakfast? You know, this is becoming more common at Hamptons across the country. It's just not acceptable. I don't like cheap "pizza" for breakfast.
Time to get back to the eggs and sausage slices. Everything else, just fine. Wil be back again. Great day in Amish country!

2  Thank leshlb

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My mom & I spent the night at this hotel this month. The hotel itself is very nice and they offered us soup & cookies that evening after our arrival. But once we went to our room, I heard a lot of noise from people in the hall going to their rooms. The room definitely was not sound proof. Otherwise, it was a decent place to stay. The beds were very comfy (which is my number one reason for staying at Hampton Inns.)

Room Tip: Possibly a room at the end of the hall so you don't have anyone passing by your door.
2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was on a bus trip. A staff person came out to meet the bus to give the keys to our group leader. There were two groups assigned to the same room but was easily changed without a problem. The rooms were clean. The Queen size bed was comfortable. The breakfast area was clean and the food was delicious. The seasoned home fries were the best. There was a park near the hotel. It had fitness stations, several ponds and unique sculptures in the park. Overall the experience was excellent. I would go back again. All of the people in our group agreed. We may go back in May 2012.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dvillesue
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This place was great! Everything was very clean and tidy. The staff, all of them, were amazing!! My mom, son, and young cousin came on this weekend trip b/c it was my 30th birthday. My mom and son snuck out Sunday morning while I was in the shower, to scheme up something...There was one particular lady on the breakfast staff that helped them a little. She even knew who I was when I came down, and wished me a happy birthday :). The breakfast both days was awesome. Saturday, was omelets and potatoes (among the standard waffles, cereal, etc). Sunday was scrambled eggs and potatoes (and the usual). The eggs were REAL. They're weren't the fake ones! The fruit salad was also really good. Everyone was so friendly and helpful! The only two gripes I have is 1) The pillows are down...which is fine...but if you're not used to sleeping with your head pretty much flat down on the bed, I'd bring my own pillow....they're not fluffy enough once y ou put your head down. Also, if you are asthmatic, the down feathers can irritate you...More than likely they have a different kind, if you ask. I just didn't. After getting extra blankets, towels, and wash clothes, I didn't want to keep asking them for things lol....The other is the gym room. There wasn't any disinfectant spray or anything to clean the machines after before/after use...(Just don't touch your face!). They have two treadmills, and one elliptical. I didn't use the elliptical. The treadmills are kind of old and rickety.
The (outdoor) pool and patio looked really nice if you happen to go in the Summer :)
Oh Also, the vistor's center is next door. And you're on Greenfield Rd, which connects to the main road for shopping and restuarants! When you leave the hotel, turn left, and follow the road until you get to the light at the cemetary, turn left, and there you have everything!! Plus that road will take you Paradise (and the road for Strasburg).
Follow that road and turn Left onto Vintage Rd (there is no street sign on the left, it is on the right. Follow that road and you'll see GORGIOUS amish farms, and will take you directly into Intercoarse (WONDERFUL Shopping! & Kitchen Kettle Village!), turn left, follow that road thru Intercoarse, and Bird-In-Hand, and will pretty much take you back to the hotel!
Have fun!

2  Thank CandiLynette
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks and this Hampton Inn is typical of all the other Hampton locations I've visited over the past few years. Customer service is top notch and the facility, although a little on the older side, is kept up very well. The lobby and breakfast area are very clean with the breakfast staff doing a good job to feed the masses each morning. Soup and freshly baked cookies were served at 7pm each day during my stay and this was definitely most appreciated.

I worked mostly the graveyard shift during my stay and housekeeping was very accomodating with my needs regardless of what time I woke up. Another important thing to me is quietness and this hotel was perfect for me in that aspect. We received a rare 5-6 inches of October snow and it wasn't long before the parking lot and sidewalks were cleared away. The fitness center would be my only minor inconvenience due to its small size, but the two treadmills and eliptical machine should fit the bill for most folks on a short stay.

The nighttime staff did an excellent job of helping prepare the breakfast area, which often times had hot food ready and waiting before the 6am serving time. I love staying in Hampton Inns and this Lancaster location is nearly perfect in just about every way.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Pinlifter
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family and it was GREAT. The rooms were clean and newly renovated. The service was EXCELLENT and the location was perfect !

Room Tip: leave plenty of time to have a HOT breakfast
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 7dorks
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This two night stay was a really pleasurable experience. The staff was friendly, the room and bathroom were sparkling clean, the breakfast was outstanding and the overall cleanliness was very enjoyable. Great price for the accommodations!!!! We'll certainly stay here again if we're in the area!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple