“The Best Restaurant in Lancaster!”
Review of Checkers Bistro

Checkers Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Checkers Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 572 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Checkers Bistro has an eclectic menu, with American, French and Asian infuenced dishes. We are passionate about Food, Wine, Craft Beers and Liquor. We purchase as many ingredients locally that are in season. Our goal is to deliver a fine dining experience in a friendly and consistent setting. We welcome your feedback through TripAdvisor and will respond to your comments.Live, Love, Eat at Checkers Bistro.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“The Best Restaurant in Lancaster!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I've been waiting to go to the 'new' Checkers and took some friends there last weekend. I was a regular at the previous Checkers Restaurant, so I was quite interested to see how the new, larger restaurant would compare. I wasn't disappointed. First of all, David (owner) has done an amazing job with the decor. It really is very inviting. We were seated right away (you should probably book a table in advance as on my visit the place was packed). Tables are well placed apart so you can have a decent conversation without being overheard. Wine list is small, but there is a nice choice and the owner helped me with my selection. Now a word or two about the food and service. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable. The food was fantastic. I had the lobster special. My wife and guests had steak, salmon and a salad. I'm not one for passing out high marks on these reviews - I'm really picky. But the food, ambience and service at Checkers made my evening a real delightful experience. It certainly is my most favorite restaurant in Lancaster!

Visited February 2014
David P, Owner at Checkers Bistro, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much Jeremy, but I cannot take credit for the decor. We had an amazing local interior decorator A K Interiors. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Look forward to welcoming you back to Checkers Bistro

Mays Landing, New Jersey
“AMAZING DINNER”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The dinner, service and atmosphere were fantastic. I took my wife to Checkers Bistro while staying in Lancaster and it was worth every bit of the money. The workers were very polite and the new restaurant looked great. Would recommend!

Visited February 2014
David P, Owner at Checkers Bistro, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Lancaster County and Amish Country.
STRASBURG
“Fantastic food always”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Checkers is our favorite restaurant - hands down! The four of us were so looking forward to having dinner there last night to see the new location and we were extremely happy the way it was transformed from the old Rosa Rosa restaurant. David - you did a phenomenal job; so very tastefully done. (Masami said you were the one responsible for the decor.). That said, the food is always so delicious. We have never been disappointed in anything we order. My personal favorite entree' is always the fish special. The chef has such a special way of preparing his fish dishes. Mmmmm The duck tacos is a favorite of our family - don't go there without trying it - you won't be disappointed. Good luck to you with your new location. As always, we will be back real soon to enjoy another wonderful meal.

• Visited February 2014
David P, Owner at Checkers Bistro, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
John thank you very much for your review. Masami is very kind to say that I had a hand in the decor. My contribution was small, we had a great Interior Designer her name is Alison McIndoe. We look forward to welcoming you back to Checkers Bistro.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful resturant”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a great restaurant. You can sit and eat a very fancy dinner from an excellent chef or sit at the bar and eat a lighter fare. Best Cuban sandwich I've ever had. The only knock I have is it could have a better selection of draft and bottled beer. We have eaten here many times over the years and although it has changed hands several times..it still is consistently one of the better places to eat in Lancaster.

• Visited January 2014
David P, Owner at Checkers Bistro, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We agree with you, our beer selection can and should be improved. Yesterday we moved into our new location and we are going to introduce new beers on a weekly basis. Thank you for your constructive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Checkers Bistro to sample the new beers.
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic food and friendly service”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Checkers is all you could ask for in a neighborhood bistro. All the staff welcomes you and then says goodbye/come again. Menu is creative with a wide variety of offerings for varied tastes. Small plates are available. Three of us recently went and delicious Cobb salad, salmon and rack of lamb respectively after a great soup opener. Marvelous bread. Excellent bar. Shhhh--Don't tell too many people about this gem----ooops, too late because yiou better have a reservation for Friday or Saturday evenings. Terrific for lunch as well as dinner.

• Visited January 2014
David P, Owner at Checkers Bistro, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our restaurant, and we look forward to welcoming you back to "Checkers". FYI we are moving this weekend to our new location at 398 Harrisburg Ave. Suite 700. Hope to see you very soon.