“Literally the worst "restaurant" experience of my life.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mike's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Lakeville
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am using the term "restaurant" loosely, as the dining room was closed when I visited and we sat in the small area in the pizzeria.

I was travelling with 3 other adults and a 2 year old. We sat down and eventually a waitress came to give us menus. We ordered 1 hot sub, 1 cold sub, 2 slices, and 2 orders of chicken fingers & fries. The waitress brought us the pitcher of iced tea that we ordered.

Used the restroom. It was very dingy. They don't even have paper towel dispensers here- just a roll sitting on a shelf (which had obviously fallen onto the floor several times, because it was dirty). The light barely worked in the restroom.

After about 30 minutes we started to wonder, "where's the food?" We tried to be patient, glancing at the waitress several times to send the message, "we're hungry over here." Nothing. After about 40 minutes my sister went up to the counter and asked if our food was almost ready. The 2-year old needed to eat and the wait was getting excessive. She was told "It'll be out in a minute." About 10 minutes later we decided that we would just get whatever WAS ready, feed the 2-year old quickly, and get out of there. When my brother approached the counter and asked to have whatever was ready, he was given 2 orders of chicken fingers with no fries. The waitress said to the cook, "I don't have fries..." The chicken was burnt and was unacceptable for consumption. We handed them back and tried to just pay for the iced tea and leave. The man at the counter said, "I can hook you up with some slices" to which we replied that we had ORDERED slices, sandwiches, etc., none of which they gave us, so no, we did not want to be "hooked up" with slices. I questioned whether or not they were even aware that we had ordered almost an hour ago, and the waitress and the man behind the counter both stared at us and didn't answer.

I have no idea what was going on in this place, but I would definitely never come back here. I know that sometimes restaurants mess up, and I can accept that. What I can't accept is the trifecta of horrible service, dirty bathrooms, and being lied to when you ask where your food is.

Epic fail, Mike's Pizzeria.

1  Thank msmileyface

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Everything is average here. The staff, the food, and the atmosphere. It's not bad, and it's not good. It's somewhere in between, which makes the experience a bit baffling. Why, I asked myself, would the owner not put a teensy bit more effort in to his menu and dining room to make them better? It wouldn't take that much to improve greatly. Anyway, I wouldn't go back, but we had a decent time there. I've certainly had worse in my day.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Worth a 15 minute drive. Usually get the Buffalo Chicken Pizza or Pepperoni. Pizza is consistant. Pizza Man will put a smile on your face.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

First off I called to order the pizza and when my husband went to pick it up no one had put the order in! So he had to wait the 15-20 minutes it takes to make one, and then they made no offer to discount it or anything else. When he got it home it was falling apart and had holes in the crust. I ve never seen a pizza do that before.. the taste wasn't bad
but the experience will have us going somewhere else!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great service and food. Location was about 15 minutes from the resort. We ordered pizza. It was the best. I would eat again at Mike's Pizzeria and Restaurant.