“This is the Land of Love - Where Love Lives!!!”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Located on beautiful Lake Wallenpaupack and nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains, this is a destination made just for Lovers!

There are numerous activities available all day and night; however, I never had the time to attend each and every one during the course of my stay. The panoramic views and pristine scenery will help rekindle flames of passion and romance.

For those in need of the clubbing atmosphere, the nightclub is always jumping and is jam packed with well known entertainment acts, such as Tracy Morgan, who made a spectacular appearance on Sunday, March 6th, 2011. There is never a "bad" seat in the house! The house bands and comedians will have you dancing and rolling with laughter. If you can't dance, there are dance lessons available during the week.

The staff is comprised of genuinely concerned team members. They create the atmosphere of exclusivity on a budget anyone can afford. The staff has a sincere desire to make every trip here memorable and once you have come to Cove Haven, I believe you will return.

Also, if you seek seclusion, this is the place to do it! The rooms are fit for royalty and the accommodations make it hard to leave your room! As you gaze into your loved one's eyes next to the fireplace, the sparks of passion and romance just begin to flow naturally!

However, when you do have a desire to dine, the kitchen staff is of the most professional caliber! I found the cuisine to be on par with most expensive and exclusive resorts. The only difference is that at Cove Haven, the kitchen staff adds an aura and ambiance of Love and it is reflected in their culinary creations!

The rooms are all luxurious, but my wife and I prefer the Apple Suites. There is a Bose surround sound system, a pool , heart shaped jacuzzi, sauna, fireplace and two television sets. The bed is called a Blush Bed and this is the most comfortable sleeping surface I have ever experienced!

Finally, to sum up my last trip to Cove Haven, I can only say that my wife is WORTH IT and whenever I visit this resort, I am taken back in time to relive the sparks and butterflies that I felt when I first saw my wife's beautiful eyes and knew that she had won my heart. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to share this love that I first felt for my partner of the last 25 years!

So if you believe your relationship needs a romantic boost, please take a chance on Love and try the magic that is exuded at Cove Haven!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lover710-115
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your experience at Cove Haven Resort. You really get what we’re all about and we look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Cove Haven Resort

Reviewed March 6, 2011

We read reviews before we went and decided to take a chance and go with the positive ones. The positive reviews are from people who grew up in the seventies or don't get out much. This place was built in the seventies and never changed. We stayed three nights expecting to stay on campus and entertain ourselves with the activities and enjoy our $280 per night room. The activities are great for about 15 minutes each, snowmobiling, snow tubing, arcade games, pool, tennis, racquet ball, wii, and archery. Ok, now what do we do. Movies in the room cost $15 and up, the TV was a tube TV about 20 inch, the furniture in the room was old and uncomfortable, carpets in rooms are very old including the carpeted bathroom. The pool in our room was dirty with suspicious "white floaties", I decided not to swim, the heart shaped Jacuzzi was fine, shower was fine.

Food was awful I felt sick after every dinner it tasted like a TV dinner. It is impossible to screw up eggs, because eggs are eggs so no complaints about breakfast. You can ask for a private table and not sit with the other couples however you are so close to other tables you might as well sit with them. At this point I decided to start drinking so I ordered a Jack and coke and a Budweiser and paid $13 (it was a Jack and Pepsi, I could tell).

Bottom line I went here to enjoy a romantic couple of days with my wife and we couldn’t wait to leave. We have stayed at other hotel suites and have left very impressed for the same amount of money and this was disappointing. We did try and make the best of it but it, but it is for older couples who grew up in the 70's era when the place just opened. We won’t return to this area of the world.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank crappycovehaven
Reviewed March 2, 2011

First, I agree with the person below who said embrace the cheese. I expected the cheese and was overly pleased because it wasn't bad at all. The ice skating rink is actually pretty large for an indoor rink and yes some things need updating like the archery, pool tables, TV's etc. However, my husband and I were absolutely DELIGHTED with our Apple of Eden room. The pool was nice and warm and the sauna got hot! We played the x-rated games like pictionary, fued, and even the not-so-newleywed game (we were the winners)! We danced at the club and did everything they had to offer. We met some wonderful people there who we will stay in contact with after as well. Bring your own liquor and logs and you don't have to buy anything else unless you choose to. We had an amazing time there and with each other. It has carried over to home as well. We even 'made-out' on the couch last night, lol. Bottom line, have fun and stop looking to criticize everything and if you don't enjoy the person you are with you will not have fun. That is the most important part as the activities are made for you and your other to get closer. Just another note, my husband and I are 31 and there was a lot of young people there. I believe the people who didn't have fun here are too stiff and prudish to try. I LOVE AMANDA the CXO!!!!

4  Thank mylenes326
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. Our Team is delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 16, 2011

Honest Phil asked me once , "why do you keep coming back?" I said it's simple...the People. Cove Haven brings great entertainers, fabulous food and great acomondations but most of all they have Incredible People that make all the difference in the world. We chose Cove Haven to Renew our Wedding Vows it's so special to us. This is a place where you make it your Resort....you do exactly what YOU want to do. You will meet some of the most interesting people in the world when you sit down to eat with others...I have..you will laugh so histerically...I have... you will experience what really means to get away and relax and Rest..and one more thing.....I have

3  Thank mcrobrw
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

Glad to hear you had such a great time! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Rooms extremely outdated.... our confirmation sent us to the wrong resort! 1st room was dirty..they sent us to "see" other rooms which were just as dirty and even worse.....stunk of stale cigarette smoke.! Dinner was ok...the service was terrible.....when we received our desert, the ice cream had melted and the waiter left before we could say anything and never returned. Then followed was a sleepless night of food poisoning and obnoxious neighbors who thought it was funny to act like animals 430am! The receptionist didn't nothing about the situation nevertheless cared......I don't care what others say...I will never go back even for free

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank ohmydarlin
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Cove Haven Resort. We’re sorry that your experience was less than perfect. We’d like to hear more about your stay to make sure your concerns are addressed. Please send us an email at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com. Thank you!

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I should have trusted the less than perfect reviews. The price you pay, is not on par with the rooms. They are outdated and not as fancy as they appear in the pictures on the Resort website. The grounds surrounding the lodging are nice and very scenic, there are alot of things to do outdoors and inside as well, but I can't justify the pricing. They definitely need some serious updating. The rooms feel cheap - kind of like a 1970's adult film. The room was very clean, no dust, no dirt and no foul smells. Even in the corners of the rooms and inconspicuous places, I did not find any areas that looked like they were unkept or passed over during cleaning.

The food and restaurants on site were really good. Every employee that we came across was very polite and always eager to help and please the customer. I got to chatting with several different employees and learned that alot of them have been there for many, many years.

There really is alot to do, wether as couples or as a group. It is a gorgeous area of PA and fairly secluded. It was definitely a splurge though. Perhaps if the per night rate was for an entire weekend, the cost would be more justified. I can't exactly say that I wouldn't recommend this Resort to someone, but I also cannot say that it is worth the price. i guess it all depends what you're willing to spend and find it a fair price. If they updated the rooms some, the price would seem more on par. The wallpaper, carpets, decor, - everything - was just terribly outdated and old looking. The bed was so-so. I have definitely slept on better. At this price and this type of getaway, you really do want a nice bed!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments. Feedback such as yours is indeed important and taken very seriously. It is from these comments that we can take corrective actions. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2011

I was given a nights stay here at Cove Haven. All I can say is that I can't believe that people pay over $300 a night for this place. It is sooo outdated it isn't even funny. And we had to wait 4 hours--- 4 hours for our room. We didn't get our room till 6pm which was when dinner started. I hardly had a chance to shower before dinner was ending. I would never pay to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babytravelerNepa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!