Recently moved to Pa from the south. 40 male 37 female. Married 19 years. Ok so dont set your expectations high and you will not be disappointed. First impression of the outside of the facilities were that the place is old and dated. The front desk area was nice. We were told we could check in at 12 however our room (Harbour Towers) was not available until 3pm. The sports facility was just a basic 9 hole putt putt golf with a bowling alley style arcade. Indoor ice skating, tennis, racquetball etc. The Lookout lounge had indoor pool and hot tub, nice billiards area with 6-8 tables, ping pong and more arcade games. It does overlook a very nice lake. The dining area and lounge/bar were very nice. Open, clean, and the food was good. Think cruise ship style with all you can eat whatever is on the menu that night. Wait staff was very professional and made sure you had anything you wanted. Soup, salad, bread, main course and dessert all included. Breakfast was buffet style but will cook you whatever you like.
The room we had was very dated. Round bed with very dated furniture and decor. The dresser was falling apart, tv/VCR??? combo??? Glass shower just off the bed with a heart shaped tub. It did have a small sitting area on the lake which was very nice (too cool to enjoy but still nice). The heating/ac unit did not have a thermostat which made things a pain. We nearly froze in the middle of the night only to get up and turn it on and get too warm. Turned it off again, too cold, back on, too hot, etc. That was the worst part of the stay. Everything else we made due with. Honest Phil was a riot for comedy night and bingo in the bar during cocktail hour. Deer feeding was a lot of fun to see. Overall we had a good time. Would we go back year after year, no. But for the experience we made the most of it and enjoyed ourselves. Dont expect much and you wont be disappointed. We worried about the room being clean and it was. We had no complaints about that in any of the places we visited. House keeping did a god job at least in the room we had. It may be worth trying back when its warmer and the pools are open. Shuttle service available at anytime to drive you around was nice. Our room was located central to everything so it was nice and we walked but the option was there.
Make the most of the experience and enjoy the person you are with. If you are expecting a 5 star quality resort you will be HIGHLY disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Cove Haven also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville