“Nice Getaway”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We recently visited Cove Haven resort for the second time. We stayed for 2 nights, in a champagne tower suite.
Both times we read some negative reviews before we went, and had some concerns, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was spotless, and we really had no complaints at all about the room. New carpet since last visit. Now the Egyptian theme that remains is a little dated, but not terrible.
Easy check in, room was ready early. We really enjoyed the pool, hot tub and fireplace. Very romantic.
Food at breakfast was good- no buffet this time; we ordered off a menu. Dinners were good as well, even a little better than last time.
Service all around was excellent, and they were running the outdoor activities like snowmobiling and tubing. We didn't do it because we have snowmobiles at home, and the loop they do is small, but if you have never gone it would probably be fun.
All in all, a great little getaway. We would definitely go again some time.

5  Thank eagles36fan
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

One more stay and you'll be a Forever Lover, eagles36fan! Thanks for the review. Happy to hear you'll be back!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed in the Champagne Room for our first romantic getaway.. I will reccomend Cove Haven to everyone.This was one of the best weekends of my life..All employees are the nicest and so pleasant..100% satisfied.. Absolutely love it.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Heather C
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Heather C, we LOVE your review! Thank you! <3

Reviewed March 9, 2014

First let me say since I was in my early 20's looking at bridal magazines I dreamed of always staying there. 22 years later I made it and was not disappointed. We stayed in the Garden of Eden. The pool, heart-shape tub, sauna, bathroom everything very clean. Yes it's dated but that adds to the charm. The arches, the brass fireplace, the red carpet set the mood, makes it fun. To be able to just go into the pool with music overhead from the bose speakers was amazing!

We did not partake in any of the activities or evening shows because the room was too much fun! But did break away during the day to play miniature golf, arcade games, bocce ball...and no kids!! Yes it's dated but again who cares as long as your having fun with your loved one. I did see rolls of carpet in the tennis courts so my guess is they maybe updating some areas.

The dinners awesome, the service GREAT and breakfast buffet delicious as well. Again clean. Every building is separate and if you want to get from event to event you can take the love machine van, walk or drive.

Items we purchased at gift shop that I would suggest you take with you to save money. Candles, bubble bath, champagne glasses, logs (the clean burning kind), water and snacks. There is a refrigerator which was well used.

Oh and fiancé ordered chocolate covered strawberries with a huge thing of whipped cream in the center and was delivered to room nice extra romantic touch.

The memories made there are priceless. Reading the negative reviews I just don't understand, it was clean, the food was great, service awesome and amenities inside the room amazing. I highly recommend this for adults who need alone time and warmth without leaving their room!!

Room Tip: Garden of Eden suite. They are in round buildings and very quiet. No windows so if you need to see...
3  Thank Llk10
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

So happy you finally made it to the Land of Love! Although we love that you loved the suite, we hope you visit us again and check out the activities and nightlife. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Booked through a Living Social deal and was a little skeptical after reading the reviews. While the place can use some updating, we stayed in a Cove Fantasy Suite and it was AMAZING!!! What more could you ask for when you have a heated pool and whirlpool tub in your suite??? Loved having the fireplace in room (recommend bringing your own logs - not real wood - since they are pricy there. We also brought our own wine but did have drinks at the bar also (reasonably priced). Our CXO (Billy) was very enthusiastic and we had a fun time at the trivia, games, etc (even though this is their down time and not many people there - 15 or 20 couples on property total). We did the snow tubing which was fun because it was on property and you could come/go as you pleased (fun going up hill on back of the snowmobiles). The sports lounge could use some updating but we had fun ice skating, mini golf and billiards. Food was great for both dinner and breakfast and there is a fridge in suite so you can bring snacks. Even the gift shop was reasonably priced so we got a few souvenirs. One thing I noticed in other reviews was about lack of updating, TVs, Internet, etc....This is a place to go to RELAX and ENJOY you significant other. Put down your high tech devices and spend time WITH EACH OTHER!!! We did and had a GREAT TIME!!!

Room Tip: We booked the Cove Fantasy Suite (heart shaped whirlpool bath, in-room pool and jacuzzi).
3  Thank Michelle0530
Don S, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Love your last three sentences, Michelle0530. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wonderful food, great service, lots to do! Heated pool in our room was really great. Very clean throughout and well-maintained. Sports Palace had everything - Wii, billiards, indoor mini golf, full size tennis courts, etc. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j0hncarr
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for the excellent rating, jOhncarr!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at The Cove Haven Resort in the Champagne Tower from 2/23/2014 thru 2/26/2014. We want you to know that our stay was not to our liking. First off, the "pool" was more like a puddle. I am 5' tall..the depth of the pool was not even 4'. The water was maybe 3' deep. Then the champagne whirlpool had jets so powerful and no way turn them down. The 2 person shower was barely big enough for me. The bed was like sleeping on a rock, and it dipped in the middle...so we woke up every morning with our backs killing us. My husband tried to get the sauna to work and it wouldn't. When we went to the game room, we found that most of the games took tokens...and you were rewarded in tickets. Really? And you had to have at least 250 to get anything. And it was a little stuffed animal! We felt like we were at an amusement park, and not a high dollar resort. The food was ok, but not all that. The only good thing was that the staff was courteous and polite. But for the amount we paid, that is not a good enough reason for us to ever return. We felt like we just wasted our money.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Rick W
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Very sorry to hear this, Rick W. Most guests love our Champagne Tower suite. The in-suite pools are 4.5 feet deep. We hope you took advantage of the CXO activities throughout the day and the entertainment at night. We also hope you reconsider and visit us again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I just recently stayed at cove haven and I must say I was a lil disappointed. First off the rooms were very outdated which I see is a very big complaint. I feel like your paying such a high price but the quality isn't the best. I feel you guys should lower the value or update the rooms. Secondly I had to complain to the front desk because my room was freezing the first night I arrived. That goes back to updating rooms, because most hotels have central heat. Next the resort should definitely update their activities. It seems to me to be more appealing for an older crowd verses someone in their early to mid twenties. The music could really be more up beat and current. The food was delicious, and the jacuzzi was delightful. I feel like the resort should be more alluring for people in the younger generation as well. Overall the resort needs some fine tuning and repair. As of right now I would not go back until adjustment are made. I had to also change my room key 3 times because I couldn't open my door. Really really bad!!!! On a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the greatest, I'm giving cove a heaven a 3. And 1 last thing you advertise this resort for couples, so y must I sit with another couple In the dining area. NEED MORE SINGLE TABLES.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Brit390
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, Brit390. I have already shared your review with our Maintenance Team. We would appreciate hearing more about your stay and how we could have improved your experience. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!