“Absolutely amazing!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely amazing!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I were a little sceptical at first after reading some of the reviews, but we decided to give it a shot and it was absolutely amazing. The room was so clean and beautiful. We stood at the garden of eden apple suite with the heated pool. I can tell you it was an unfunforgettable weekend. We loved it so much we booked another full weekend at checkout. We recommend this place to anyone looking for a peaceful romantic getaway with your loved one.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank ladyofsin27
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Love your review, ladyofsin27!! Thank you for the recommendation. See you next time. <3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Cove Haven this past weekend and enjoyed ourselves along with 2 other couples.

Pros... Food was great. Buffett had a large variety for dinner and breakfast. People have complained about the strip night on here, but the menu offered something for everyone. And it is still all you can eat, so if you disliked what you ordered you can order something else... All of the staff was very friendly... This is the kind of place that you can do as much or as little as you want... There are plenty of pool tables, bars, and activities to do indoor... Despite our rooms being outdated and old looking they were clean... We checked the sheets, sinks, shower, and tub and all were spotless...

Cons... We specifically booked at Cove Haven for 2 reasons, the snow mobile/tubing and it being all inclusive... The snowmobiles were not running one of the days we were there and you got to ride for 10 minutes going about 5 mph in a circle. The snow tubing was not tubing, it was a hill that you went down about 20 feet before coming to a stop and having to walk the rest of the way... We were extremely disappointed in the outside activities...For advertising as being an all inclusive there are many things that you must still pay for... Lunch, games, sodas and water, and the alcohol... I have stayed at several all inclusive resorts before where all good was included...I highly recommend bringing your own alcohol and drinking in your rooms before heading out, drinks were very very expensive...

We knew about the outdated decor heading into our trip so it wasn't a concern... We had a good time with our friends, but this is not somewhere we will be returning too...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank DCollins77
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We would love to have you return to the Land of Love. Please reach out to me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just came back today. Stayed for 2 nights. The stay cost around $850!

Cons:
Almost everything requires a freaking token! Give me a break!
Drinks are NOT included (and at $400/night they should be)
The rooms are stuck in the 80's... I mean come on, update the carpet or something! Very dingy looking.
Food was average at best
The caliber of people there was shocking... teeth missing, etc. (you see were I'm heading)
Overall... Just way too OVERPRICED!

Pros:
My company <3

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, really, not worth the money
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jill J
Very sorry you feel this way, Jill J. Unfortunately, PA state law does not allow us to include alcoholic beverages with your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Lakeville hotels

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I (34 and 25 respectively) really enjoyed our 2-night stay at Cove Haven the past week and were really shocked by some reviews on here. We stayed in a Cove Fantasy suite (it had a pool as well as a jacuzzi). Our room was VERY clean and the staff was very friendly. There were no problems whatsoever with the stay, and the room was a lot more "modern" than the reviews made me think.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed all the activities, and never felt crowded - we ice skated alone, rollerbladed with just one other couple, swam in the community pool and jacuzzi alone, and played in the billiards room alone - which we really enjoyed. The only thing I can point out that could be updated or have maintenance on were the arrows for indoor archery - they were older and the tails were missing or broke, but they still worked well enough that we enjoyed it anyway.

The food was great - it included soup, salad, entree and dessert - and had choices such as parmesan and artichoke crusted chicken (great!), round roast, and the soups were shrimp bisque (probably the best I've had), bean and bacon, and cream of broccoli. The waiters were wonderful, especially Christopher! Don't particularly understand the negative reviews about being forced to eat together - my boyfriend and I requested a private table every day for breakfast and dinner, never once had a problem, and was seated immediately every time too.

The bed was very comfortable and plush, and very clean - I ALWAYS check the sheets and mattress first thing when I enter a room. There was nothing in our room that made me even question if it was properly cleaned - and while there maintenance came and fixed our room up while we were at breakfast and did a wonderful job.

Loved having a 'bus' that would pick you up and drop you off at any place on the property - especially great for the icy and cold nights.

Overall my boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay, and hope to be back soon.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nirvii
Thanks, Nikki K! Hope to see you back soon too.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was actually our second visit, but the first visit was 30 years ago, on our honeymoon. The rooms are very expensive, but you need to consider that it is all inclusive, couples only, and that the things that are included would cost you extra everywhere else. So I would not complain about that. It kind of works out. 30 years ago we stayed in the least expensive room. This time we stayed in the most expensive room. From what I recall, the least expensive room was still quite nice, certainly bigger than an ordinary hotel room. The more expensive ones are almost like a small apartment. They are 2 floors, and include a small private pool and sauna. The bathtub and shower are built for two. The bed was very comfortable. Climate control was responsive and easy to use. The housekeeping staff was friendly and efficient. The included meals were very good, and plentiful enough that we didn't really miss lunch. Generally, they put you at a table with three other couples for your meals, unless you ask for a private table. We enjoy meeting new people so we only asked for a private table once. There was entertainment each night (a top 40's band one night, a comedian on another night, etc.) There was a shuttle that would bring you anywhere on the property. They had several places to go to do different activities, like billiards, arcade games, indoor mini golf, rollerskating, ice skating, basketball, etc. The arcade games cost money, but the pool and mini golf, skating, and other sport things were free. You have the ability to go to the other resorts in the group for activities as well. We did not try that.
That being said, I do have to agree with some other reviewers that the property is a bit dated in places, and could use some renovation (worn spots and burn marks in the Formica in the room, many of the arcade games were out of order, to name a few). The activity areas aren't open all the time, except the pool, fitness center and one billiards area. They have an activity itinerary they provide each morning, so you know when you are able to do which activity. They advertise snowmobiling and snow tubing as an available activity, but it is important to know ahead of time that it isn't what you may be hoping for or expecting. They do have snowmobiles. You will get to ride one if you are lucky enough to have just the right amount of snow, not too much or too little. BUT...you only get to ride it for about 12 minutes, in an oval shaped track in a field with a small group. They only make them available for a couple of hours, a couple of times a week, and you sign up for a 15 minute slot, of which you only end up riding for about 10-12 minutes, at a speed of 5-10 mph. (30 years ago when we went there was no snow at all, so we did not find this out then.) On the snow tubing subject - there is no tubing park. There is a hill. They make the snow tubes available for a couple of hours in the afternoon. On the days they have snowmobiling, they will then use the snowmobiles to haul the tubes up the hill for you. On the off days, you have to haul the tubes up the hill yourself, then slide down the single track. If the snow is even a little soft, you will not make it all the way down.
So - If you want a place to go that specifically caters to couples, kid free zone, all-inclusive style and don't have high expectations on the activities, this is perfect.

Note to Cove Haven: I know this year you have gotten an unusual amount of snow, and it has piled up high on the roofs. We saw the crews out working every day clearing off roofs. I just want to mention that for the safety of your guests, the first places that should have been cleared were the the areas that were hanging over the walkways where the guests had to cross under to get from their rooms out to the street and parking areas, rather than just starting at one end and working their way down. I know its less efficient, but you are lucky no-one has been seriously hurt yet. Something to think about. Also - if you are going to do any room renovating, I suggest adding coat hooks or something like that to the first floor in the Champagne Tower rooms. The only place to hang a coat was in the closet in the bedroom upstairs.

Room Tip: The Champagne towers are the nicest rooms, but are the furthest from the restaurant. Closest to the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cindy351
One more stay and you will be a Forever Lover! Hope to see you again before 30 years goes by. Thank you for your suggestions!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Good evening. I wanted to take a moment to share our recent experience with one of your reservation consultants. My wife had spoken to Kerri(Extension:1969) to inquire about a room rate for pocono palace. Kerri extended us forever lovers discount for a Fairway Suite for $230 including taxes & gratuities. My wife told Kerri that she will call her back before closing at 8 o clock to book the reservation. My wife called Kerri back at 7:40pm. Kerri took my wife's cellphone number and said she would call her right back when she would get off the phone. It was 7.55pm and my wife didn't hear back from Kerri. So, she called Kerri at her extension but voice mail was on and my wife didn't leave a voice mail thinking she would hear back from Kerri. My wife hung up and called again to speak to someone else instead since she never heard back from Kerri. She was on hold for a few minutes and recording announced reservation was now closed. Its midnight now and we never heard back from Kerri. We couldn't find the deal that Kerri offered online.

Being a loyal customer to Cove Haven Properties, it's hard to get my head around the fact that someone would promise to call and never call back. Very poor customer service. We don't want to wait till we have to leave tomorrow morning to see and take a chance and find out there is no availability. My wife was very disappointed and I just booked us a trip to Atlantic City instead. Because of this particular employees negligence, you lost our patronage and business. Thank you for taking time to reading my comments.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank adeelyounas
We are very sorry about this reaction from our Team Member. We have already spoken with her. We have also reached out to you and are happy that we were able to resolve this. We appreciate your loyalty and we'll see you at Pocono Palace in April.
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The rooms are nice but the round beds are from the 80's (design wise, mattress seem fairly new). The TV's are old tube type and have built in VCRs. Entertainment staff is very good, but even the house band is getting old and tired, they haven't changed their act in years with the exception of the drummers dance routine to some Michael Jackson music. The food is good nothing to really rave about. The alcoholic drinks are over priced even the wine, the same brands and bottle sizes in the liquor store are 1/3rd. the price and you need to drink to many (most are very sugar based mixed drinks) to feel any of the effects. So bring your own. We've enjoyed coming here since 1988 but on a comparison between then and now over all it's gone down hill

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank briNcin
Thank you for visiting us since 1988! I have already shared your review with our Resort Manager and he assured me that we have some great things planned for 2014. Thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!