“Set your expectations”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Set your expectations”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our second visit here and I was a little a hesitant after reading all the reviews. The key with the stay is to be honest with yourself before booking. What is it that your hoping to get out of this hotel? If you're looking for Ritz Carlton (well maybe you should book with them). If you're looking to get away to a place that includes Breakfast, Dinner, Activities, a Band plus a Comedy show.. well then you should go ahead and book. The resort is not new but everything works just fine and the service is not bad.

Room Tip: Come early and start with breakfast the day you're checking in so you can maximize your time and...
2 Thank vamosalbiceleste
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
One more stay and you'll be a Forever Lover!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We go to the Cove Haven resort(s) twice a year and always look forward to our next visit. This has become a place that we consider therapeutic because of it's wonderful rooms and amenities. This is our favorite place to go to just relax and enjoy everything it has to offer - especially the beautiful and accommodating rooms! Can't wait to go back in October for our anniversary (already counting down - lol).

2 Thank Liz C
Thanks Liz C! See you in October.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I went there for a winter getaway...after seeing some unfavorable reviews I hope we made the right choice. We sure did ! We were in champagne towers and the room was everything they said it was. I thought the photos online were very accurate and looked like the photos we took while we were there. We found the staff very friendly and helpful.Food was was good. The first day we arrived we meet many couples who go back year after year. We now understand why! We will make this a yearly winter trip. The combo of the cold weather and romantic, warm and yes a bit dated eclectic decor transports you to a place like no other. A very unique get away for couples .

Room Tip: I think you get what you pay for...the more expensive rooms do have a lot more to offer.
1 Thank cargar13
Cargar13, see you next winter. Thanks!
Reviewed February 21, 2013

First I would like to start off by saying this was my second time here. The first time I came I had no complaints. Everything was perfect. With that being said, my husband and I decided to plan a couples trip to Cove Haven. It was 6 couplez and every last couple had a complaint. We all each had the Juliet room. The rooms were smelly like mildew and cigarettes. The rooms were also out dated and one of the couples Jacuzzi was dirty. So we reported it to the front desk and they upgraded us to the Cove Fantasy room. That room was a little better until we found more problems; mold on the walls, broken furniture, beds broken, dirt behind the furniture, and the toliet not working properly. When asked to speak with a supervisor we were told the supervisor didnt come in until 11 am. We went back to tje front desk after 11 and they informed us a supervisor was not not present. Well it was check out day so my husband left out info for someone to call us. No one called so my husband called the following day and spoke with Melissa. He explained everything to her and she did nothing about it. We will NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN and the other couples said the same thing. The only good thing about tje place is the activities and the food.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Srich24
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
This is highly unusual and not standard practice. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com - I'd like to hear more about your stay and how it compared to the first time you were here.

Travelers are raving about these Lakeville hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Let start by saying that this resort is beautiful and unique and when I say UNIQUE I say it in a good way. The decoration is antique and relaxed. My partner and I stood in the Juliette room which had a farm place and hear shaped jacuzzi. I recommend this room for sure. Its nice and it just screams romance. The service was AMAZING!!! A++++. They treated us with respect and were very sweet and helpful with anything we needed and I mean ALL of them from the workers in the game room, to cafe, nightclub, front desk everyone gave us great hospitality. The dinner was tasty and the desserts were delicious, and to top it of the breakfast in bed was nice. Just to know that you don't have to get up to walk anywhere and just have your breakfast in bed is AWESOME!! jee jee.. The activities were fun and also they had a Cove Haven van that took us anywhere in the property.

1 Thank Unis M
Thank you so much for this awesome review Unis C!!
Ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here from Sunday - Tuesday and again we were not ready to go home when it was time. We booked our next visit before we left. They have a great deal when you do that you are guaranteed a room upgrade. We always have fun and relax and can't wait for the next time.

3 Thank familyvacations5-4us
We can't wait for the next time either. Thank you!
Tarrytown, NY
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited the resort using a Groupon, and were so thankful we didn't pay full price! My husband and I wanted a unique, fun Valentine's Day weekend experience and we thought a trip to Cove Haven might be just the thing. I read some of the TripAdvisor reviews before going, so I was anxious to say the least!

All in all, it wasn't as bad as I was afraid it was going to be. My husband and I had a great time using the facilities, and many of their buildings were in decent shape, clean but old. We thought the pool area was beautiful, although it was very rarely used. We visited the pool several times throughout our stay and were always the only people there! We also loved the lack of kids (so peaceful!) and the entertainment (bands, comics, etc) were great. We certainly found plenty to do...Cove Haven definitely did well in this area! Everyone was also so friendly and helpful. I don't have a single complaint about any interaction with any employee. They truly did exceptionally well in this area.

Our two main issues were the room and the food. We stayed in a Juliette suite, and to be fair, the room was pretty clean (some dust, cobwebs, fireplace ash, not too bad). It was mostly in need of updating, and some of the furniture needed to be replaced (especially the couch - a couple of cigarette burns on the cushion). It smelled a little old and musty, but that wasn't too surprising given the age of the property. Our other main issue was the food. It's difficult for me to be too hard on Cove Haven in this area - my husband and I are fortunate enough to live so close to NYC and in an area with exceptional food at just about any restaurant you try. So we're used to a certain caliber of food that would probably be difficult to find in rural PA. And there were certain dishes at the buffet that were actually pretty decent. In fact, we enjoyed the cocktail hour every day of our stay. However, the Valentine's Day dinner was just terrible. It was a seated dinner, as opposed to a buffet, but the food was far worse than any of their buffet dishes. We were a bit disappointed as we're used to going all-out for our Valentine's dinner. It was also a little disconcerting to see folks around us in sweat pants and ratty t-shirts for Valentine's Day!

However, overall it was a nice weekend, and my husband and I made some great memories. If you're a low-key couple that doesn't mind a slightly older room and the so-so food, Cove Haven could be a great option! If they ever renovate the rooms, the hubs and I will be back, for sure!

3 Thank Aimee H
Thank you Aimee H - we pride ourselves on customer service. Thank you for all of your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!