After reading some of the bad reviews I was VERY worried about the resort...specifically the cleanliness. first of all let me say me and my boyfriend had a GREAT time and I'm sure we will be forever lovers one day.
Customer Service: I think everyone can agree that the staff was very friendly during the trip. Everyone was very helpful on any questions people asked. The check in service was fast and I was immediately upgraded into a room with a pool. Also they offer a chariot that takes you everywhere in the compound so you won't have to walk or drive.
Food: The food was much better than expected. We had a buffet one night that had various selections which made for picky eaters like my boyfriend and I to be very happy. The second and third night you picked from a menu but if you didn't like your meal or you wanted more they were happy to oblige. That night the food was to die for! It was definitely a home run. We literally ate every crumb off our plates. The last night not so good but more so because of our taste rather the quality of the food. Also you are encouraged to sit with other couples but we always asked to be seated alone and most times it was right away. Just a tip bring your own liquor because it is like every other expensive bar over charging for all drinks! And breakfast was good all mornings. We actually ordered breakfast in bed and went to the dinning room for a late breakfast. My suggestion is try to eat dinner later rather than earlier so you won't get hungry like my bf and I one night and end up spending a lot on chips from a vending machine. Lunches are available at the cafe for lunch but that's very expensive.
Rooms: although the rooms were very outdated and a little quirky it made for a little laugh and a good time. The pool and jacuzzi was great and the circle bed was something new. I thought it looked like a old porno but you can be the judge. Also the room has absolutely no free tv everything is charged to the room. They did have new movies but they were very expensive which kind of made sense because it was sort of like the price of going to a real movie theater. Just bring your own movies because there is a DVD player. We listened to the radio and played games to past the time.
Entertainment: honestly I wasn't that interested in the activities. Snow mobiling was fun but its literally a big circle that you ride in. Maybe the summer activities are better because all the other things seemed like I was in summer camp. My boyfriend loved it though but I guess he's easily entertained lol. The comedy show was actually funny to my surprise and the musician was very good. They have different activites everyday that we took advantage of. It was overall a great time and I can't wait to go back in the summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Cove Haven also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville