“Loved it!!!!”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Suprised my husband for his birthday at Cove Haven and stayed in the Harbour Tower! Loved it!! The room was large, it had a balcony, glass octagon shower in middle of room, heart shaped whirlpool and soooo much more!! The staff was pleasant and so were the other guests who we got to share a table with during our breakfast and dinner time...all inclusive!! You dont have to dine with others, you can ask to dine alone with your sweatheart but we ate with other guests and enjoyed the company and great conversation. We had "the quickie" a delicious breakfast brought to us in the morning and still went to the breakfast buffet...all you can eat which is open from 8 to 11am...wayyyy to many activities to mention and this is mid-January!! Entertainment was FANTASTIC!!! Also want to mention Gina our bartender we met the first night we arrived! She was awesome...beyond friendly and a doll!! She served up a banana bread shot to my husband for his birthday and didnt forget us during our stay!! We hated to leave...room was always clean, food was out of this world, and the staff was AWESOME!!! Sad to leave...it was sooo romantic!! Everything about the place spelled L.O.V.E. It was our first time at the Poconos...but not our last...already planning another stay this July for our anniversary. P.S. Bring little candles to place around the whirlpool, your own firelogs (cheaper to bring), bring bottles of champagne and wine (fridge in room)...oh yehhh and bubble bath for the whirlpool too! We brought our coffee pot since they didnt have one in room since we are big coffee drinkers. Not sure why other people had such bad reviews....my husband and I can not say enough great things about the place!!! We havent had that much fun in a long time!!! Cant believe how many people noticed the little "issues" with the room...I guess my husbands eyes were focused on other things!!! Enjoy your stay and Cove Haven...if you are reading this...we LOVE you guys and will see ya very soon!!

Room Tip: We chose the Harbour Tower since it was our first time there. Affordable and romantic. We are a mi...
1  Thank Carol R
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

We love you too Carol R! Thanks for the excellent review and rating. See you soon.

There are newer reviews for Cove Haven Resort

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Do not waste your money. My husband and I stayed at Cove Haven October 12-October 14, 2012, our 6th Year Anniversary weekend. Most the activities listed were not available, either it was too cold or not cold enough, so they were closed. We played pool and archery on our free time. Very dull, boring. Our heat in our room did not work, it was the coldest weekend in October. The remote on our 1980's tv in the "living rm area" did not work at all. Our quickie breakfast arrived cold. On Saturday night, the Strip Night dinner which is too be nice succulent steaks, unfortunately, were charred, burnt. Needless to say, they were inedible. They seemed short of staff as we did not see that many employees on the grounds. The rooms seem a bit old fashioned. You need to purchase everything. The firewood, the drinks, the bubble bath, etc...we made the best of it. We spent most of the time in the room which allowed us to enjoy each other. However, we were also looking for a fun weekend together. When we checked out I asked for a comment card, the young lady at the desk informed me they did not have anymore laying around. She told me we would receive an e-mail 3-6 weeks after our stay asking us about our accommodations. I waited the 6 weeks and when I did not receive anything, I contacted the Cove Haven Property. I was directed to Melissa Watson, Guest Services Manager - Cove Haven, although she did answer my e-mail, in my opinion, she came across very nonchalant. I will let you be the judge as I have attached her e-mail response:

Hello ma’am! I appreciate the time you took to write out the email and add the images about your stay a few months ago at Cove Haven. I do apologize about the delay with the comment card services; we were actually taken over by a new company at the beginning of October and we had switched program providers for our online surveys. Not that this excuses the over look, but I apologize that one did not reach you since your stay.

I see that you have taken the time on our website to add the addition of our Key Around image between the three resorts to your email. We do have seasonal and weather permitting activities, both of which are our Marina on Lake Wallenpaupack as well as for our Snowmobiling and Snow tubing. Unless Mother Nature and the State of Pennsylvania cooperate well with us, there are times during the year that these activities aren’t available. Our Marina is located on a Lake that is owned by PPL Company which has the ability to tell us when we are allowed and not allowed to operate our water sports; I do apologize if you happened to come on a weekend when we were closed for the season or for the weather – we always do our best to keep everything running for as long as possible. Even now as I type, we have not had the coldest of weather to supplement our snowmobiling and snow tubing. We do have to have temperatures 28 degrees and below for three consecutive days for the ground to freeze and allow us to produce our own snow. We were fortunate enough to see a few inches the other day here, and are building off of that by making snow – but we have yet to create enough to run our activities. I apologize that we didn’t have the weather to produce this in October or for the warmth and ability to have the marina available to you during your stay. I also want to assure you that I have taken the time to reach out to our Dining Room Manager and our Executive Chef as far as the breakfast in bed as well as not being properly informed about always having the option of private dining.

I do thank you for your time, again, by emailing me with your comments and concerns. I would like for you to feel free to contact me at any time and I will assist you with any future reservations if you would like to come back for a more ‘in season’ outdoor time. I can also provide up to the day updates on our snow or marina statuses as well. If there is ever anything that I can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time. Again, thank you for your time and for choosing Cove Haven Resort.

Melissa Watson

Guest Services Manager - Cove Haven

Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mel D D

We are very sorry for the delay in the email survey. We'd very much like the opportunity to talk about and correct the issues you mentioned. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a retro resort which seems to cater to the middle-aged couples on up. Our room was nice enough but I felt that there should have been more complimentary additions for the price such as a bottle of bubble bath or 1 fire log. I did find hair in the shower when we arrived and leftover rose petals under our bed when packing up to leave the next day.
The food is really really good and the restaurant offers a wide selection. The breakfast-in-bed is not really worth it, your better off to get what you want from the breakfast buffet.
Overall it's an ok place but my husband & I agree it's not somewhere we would come back to.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Mere623
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for the review Mere623. We'd love to get you back to the Land of Love - please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We are Forever Lovers almost hitting our 20th vaca at Cove Haven. Of the 3 resorts, this is the biggest with the most onsite activities. And seems to be furthest away from cities and towns.

ROOMS: Every room is fine and really just a matter of personal preference. We like the Apple Rooms the best and like the added Keurig coffee maker. We didn't like the Champagne Towers because, for us, the champagne glass jacuzzi wasn't comfortable and enjoying although we loved the pool. The Cove Fantasy was all right but doesn't offer the same privacy as the Apple and we prefer the setup of the Apple better. The rooms are definitely in need of updating and general maintenance because over the 15 years that we've been going, nothing has changed at all. However, we have NEVER experienced a problem with mold or mildew or dirty and gross as others have said. If we had any problems with anything in the rooms, the problem was always resolved immediately.

FOOD: We were there for both weekend and weekday meals and found that the food quality and service were excellent! In fact, it was a vast improvement over the previous couple of years. The "Quicky" breakfast is okay but as others have said, by the time you get it, it's a cold egg and cheese sandwich. We just usually order cereal for a quick somethin' early morning and go to the Dining Room for a nice hot breakfast later in the morning.

STAFF: The waitstaff is awesome! Love love love Chris, Dennis and Manuel (I think that was his name). The hostesses are also nice though not as outgoing as the waitstaff. Cleaning and maintenance staff are very friendly and responsive to guests' needs.

ENTERTAINMENT: Love the Stick Guy and wish he was there during the week. The other entertainers were just as good as they've always been.

HEALTH SPA: Now this was BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT EVER! The week prior to our vacation, we called to confirm that the jacuzzis and pool were in working order. We were told by 3 different people that everything was up, running and operational. However, when we arrived, we found the pool drained and the lower spa was cold with only half the jets working. A maintenance staff person told us that the pool has been losing 5" of water for a while and they are trying to find the problem and fix it but we could still use the jacuzzis and they weren't even aware of the problems with the lower jacuzzi. We tried to make the most of it and used the upper jacuzzi. However, less than an hour later, the music was shut off and we were asked to leave. The person was very nice and apologetic. The next day, a sign was put up saying the pool area was closed. Needless to say, we were furious! Whatever problems exist, they did not suddenly occur after we called to confirm with 3 different people that the Health Spa was operational. This is the area where we like to spend the most time! We spoke to someone at the Front Desk who offered us a resolution that we accepted. As of this writing, the offer has not been fully realized. But we expect that should happen shortly.

While we understand that the pool has been there for 30+ years and requires maintenance, I think guests should be told and signs saying "Pardon our appearance..." would be nice. I think that the CXOs should also say something to the guests about the Health Spa area because this is an area that's open 24/7.

One more thing about the Health Spa - ping pong tables do not belong in this area. Wet tile floors are slipping hazards, even when just exiting the pool or jacuzzi never mind when chasing around a ping pong ball with a paddle. And in this case, you've got a ping pong table next to an empty pool with the only thing stopping someone from slipping/tripping and falling in is yellow caution tape!

FRONT DESK/CHECK IN: There are a couple of people whose names I don't know that are very friendly. One lady was so nice and so friendly and smiling that she made others around her smile. I think she's new because we've never seen her before.

So, our vacation was ok. It was not great or as enjoyable as it has been in the past and that we've come to expect from Cove Haven. We loved being in the Health Spa, swimming or using the exercise equipment and relaxing in the jacuzzi. We loved just lounging around talking, laughing and looking out over the lake. We would especially look forward to spending our last day on the resort doing this before heading home. We will give CH another chance and hopefully, I can put "Great Trip" in the title.

Room Tip: Order a "Quicky" between 8 & 9 am (even if it's just cereal) then go to the Dining...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for 15 years and 20 stays TGAWD1430! We apologize about the inconvenience of the pool and we hope to have this back up and running very soon. We also hope you'll be putting 'great trip' on your next review.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

It was so dreary and dark: depressing. Our room had some "issues": not a very clean, (tiny--on my knees, the water came up to my neck) "pool" or pool cover, many nicks and dents on the dresser, marks on the closet entrance wall papering, etc. Bad cable reception, NO TV in the bedroom area! Why? The other accomodations have one. That's half of the experience, so we were disappointed in our 20th time in the Poconos. HOWEVER, the food is great, service is perfect: the waiters are so much fun and make the whole dining experience a joy. Cleaning people are attentive, as are the gift shop employees and check in people. Of course, we'll be back, but not again in this accomodation or the Juliette. Actually the Cove Harbor Towers are very nice rooms: simple, and pretty: quiet and more into the woodsy/lake area. We try and make our own fun during the "off" months: played ping pong and mini-golf, walked through the gift shop, etc. Didn't see a CXO(?) on premises. Art class was cancelled, though it was on the mornings announcements at breakfast. Keep in mind: rules are enforced: no men's bare arms in dining room, or head coverings.

Room Tip: Ask for a brochure before you get there. They have/had dvds of them. You can also see the room bef...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Sorry to hear that the Cove Fantasy wasn't for you, but glad that you'll be returning.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

my wife and i have been coming to the cove since 1990..over the years the cove is starting to show its years..last time i was here was in sept. last year my room over looked a cottage and its roof caved in.food was bland / drinks over priced..years ago you got a free log and bubble bath soap, now you pay. the t.v is still back in the 90s..phil is there now 3xweek not the same.
in dec. we went to the keys fla. paid the same as the cove and the drinks "FREE".come on cove put a few mill back in and relive the glory days.ill be back then but not any time soon

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vincent v

Thank you for your taking the time to review your stay vincent v. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed this past week, and I can't figure out how any bad reviews could be given to Cove Haven. You can't judge a book by its cover, and you can't request to leave Cove Haven after 10 minutes unless you are an unsocial outcast who hates people and fun. The place definitely has a retro feel, but it is NOT dirty. Everything about Cove Haven is about romance. That's why there is no WIFI in the rooms and why there are mirrors all around. So you can focus on who you are with and what is important to you.

The two of us are under 25 and we were both pleasantly surprised by how many other <30 couples there were during our stay. It was a mostly older crowd, but there is something so nice as a young couple about being surrounded by people in happy and successful marriages. The staff was charming and personable. We loved both of our bartenders, Val and Gena. When my boyfriend was hungry around 11 after dinner in the middle of the week when all of the dining places had closed, Gena was super sweet and brought him a half a loaf of bread and pats of butter! We were so amused and thankful. We ate butter sandwiches before bed like happy campers.

The activities were so much fun! We tried to do as much as we could, and we loved archery, dance lessons, karaoke, snowmobiling, ice skating, and just getting to talk to other couples. The food was AMAZING and they certainly didn't want you to go hungry. We ordered the Quicky both mornings, and the second morning, they even took the egg off of my boyfriend's sandwich because we wrote in a request.

As far as any complaints.. well, I don't have many. A lot of the stuff could be upgraded. Our jacuzzi in the Garden of Eden Apple had an issue with maintaining water level, but since we only stayed for 2 nights, it didn't seem important enough to switch rooms. Also, our television remote had difficulty changing channels or operating correctly in general. My only other personal issue was not having a window and being in the pitch black at night, because my imagination went through every scary movie scene created.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and we are both looking forward to coming back someday. It is so intimate to see your significant other socializing, being active, and being affectionate. Everyone was so happy and the staff was exceptionally helpful. I wish we had stayed another night.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Apples if you are afraid of the dark. Bring your own wine/champagne and/or fir...
5  Thank kewilli1
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

So glad to hear you had a fantastic time kewilli1! Thank you for this excellent review and we look forward to you coming back someday too.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!