“Great trip!”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed this past week, and I can't figure out how any bad reviews could be given to Cove Haven. You can't judge a book by its cover, and you can't request to leave Cove Haven after 10 minutes unless you are an unsocial outcast who hates people and fun. The place definitely has a retro feel, but it is NOT dirty. Everything about Cove Haven is about romance. That's why there is no WIFI in the rooms and why there are mirrors all around. So you can focus on who you are with and what is important to you.

The two of us are under 25 and we were both pleasantly surprised by how many other <30 couples there were during our stay. It was a mostly older crowd, but there is something so nice as a young couple about being surrounded by people in happy and successful marriages. The staff was charming and personable. We loved both of our bartenders, Val and Gena. When my boyfriend was hungry around 11 after dinner in the middle of the week when all of the dining places had closed, Gena was super sweet and brought him a half a loaf of bread and pats of butter! We were so amused and thankful. We ate butter sandwiches before bed like happy campers.

The activities were so much fun! We tried to do as much as we could, and we loved archery, dance lessons, karaoke, snowmobiling, ice skating, and just getting to talk to other couples. The food was AMAZING and they certainly didn't want you to go hungry. We ordered the Quicky both mornings, and the second morning, they even took the egg off of my boyfriend's sandwich because we wrote in a request.

As far as any complaints.. well, I don't have many. A lot of the stuff could be upgraded. Our jacuzzi in the Garden of Eden Apple had an issue with maintaining water level, but since we only stayed for 2 nights, it didn't seem important enough to switch rooms. Also, our television remote had difficulty changing channels or operating correctly in general. My only other personal issue was not having a window and being in the pitch black at night, because my imagination went through every scary movie scene created.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and we are both looking forward to coming back someday. It is so intimate to see your significant other socializing, being active, and being affectionate. Everyone was so happy and the staff was exceptionally helpful. I wish we had stayed another night.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Apples if you are afraid of the dark. Bring your own wine/champagne and/or fir...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kewilli1
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

So glad to hear you had a fantastic time kewilli1! Thank you for this excellent review and we look forward to you coming back someday too.

There are newer reviews for Cove Haven Resort

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for the first time for our anniversary. We had a great time the staff were all very nice. Our room was okay we stayed in Harbour Towers. It had a little bit of a must-like smell to it but not too overpowering. The food was good nothing to complain about. Had a great time. Also wish they had a bit of a younger crowd. At times we felt outnumbered by the 50+ club.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Mikkinsane
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Happy anniversary Mikkinsane!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our first time there and I can't wait till I reach Forever Lover status ....Everyone who worked there was Soo friendly...Really Loved it here...Yes was a little surprising to have to pay for fireplace log but its not the only place that charges for firewood.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank sugarjaylah

So glad you 'really loved it' sugarjaylah! You'll be a Forever Lover in no time. See you soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

As probably the ONLY under 25 couple there, my boyfriend and I had a blast at cove haven. I booked cove haven specifically because I had gotten a great deal on GroupOn, and it wasn't too far from home (NYC Suburbs). When I read some of the reviews on here I got VERY nervous that this wasn't going to be the great surprise mini-vacation that I was hoping for. Thankfully, it was a great experience and we plan on returning (I definitely want to see this palce during the summer)! We stayed in a Juliette which was nice and clean, save for ONE cobweb (my boyfriend jokes that the cobweb is the only negative about our stay). Room definitely looks like it's from the 70's but that didn't bother us too much, as long as its clean! Breakfast and dinner were fantastic, and it was fun being seated with other couples (Yes it forces you to make friends, but we even met up with a couple the next morning for breakfast before we left!) Of course you can always request to sit alone, but half the fun is meeting different people and striking up conversations. The Club and nightly entertainment were also pretty great, the band played until after midnight just because us and one other couple wanted to dance! The only thing I wish was that DRINKS could be included in this "all inclusive" resort. We easily paid the same amount for alcohol over the three days that we did the room ( at~$5-10 per beverage). If you stay in a room that has a fireplace, I also recommend bringing your own firewood/duraflame (Cove Haven charges $8 per LOG!) and bubblebath! ($4 at the gift shop). If it's possible to stay in the same room the next time we visit, I think it's safe to say we will be back (maybe even with friends)

3  Thank greci2012

Can't wait to see you during the summer greci2012!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Some people on here gave this place a bad review my wife and I have been going here for over 25years ......Wait!! did i say 25 years! yes I did, every time we go we have the best time,now some people say the place is run down to them I say get your self a good pair of glasses C/H always keeps up with the property. The waiting staff is on the money Dennis we had for dinner Chris was morning. I cant see the bad reviews, maybe its the person you're with who knows? our room was clean didn't smell ,food good not excellent if you want excellent go to a restaurant! you there for one thing and one thing only! the staff are great Honest Phil the best a quick story about Honest Phil last time we were there we saw Phil by the fire pit ,my wife asked him if they are going to do a fire later that day he said you want a fire ? then she said yeah I want a fire well he said your going to get one tonight come by round 8pm, we did to our amazement Phil had it going along with a somores he had the candy,marshmallow sticks ect he handed us the sticks and said enjoy folks it was only the two of us and had a great night we had a blast! and could not believe he put that together for only us.That's why we go back !!

5  Thank jg1717
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for this wonderful review jg1717!! I love your Honest Phil story and will be sure to share this with him. Thank you for 25 years. We look forward to 25 more!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I went for new years eve. Two minute stay in the gardne of edan apple was booked. Well let me tell you, that 2 night stay quickly turned into a one night stay. New years eve was decent, the dinner that was advertised was not what we were given, and the food was not good at all. The next day we woke up and had out "breafast in bed" delivered. It was terrible.. a cold bacon egg sandwhich on moldy bread. They are supposed to have activites throughout the day.. yes they consisted of a ping pong get together. They were supposed to have a band that night, but it was switched to a dj. Dinner was supposed to be strip night, instead they offered a lowsy buffet. We left a day early and got a refund, this place has gone downhill fast, I wouldnt ever consider returning. The eden apple room is very tiny, the pool looks more like an old mildew puddle big enough for two birds, the furniture is very hard and outdates, along with a 19 inch tube tv! This room isnt worth 69$ per night let alone 500$. Save your money and go to lake senca or somewhere clean and nice, or stay home before considering cove haven.

3  Thank nepadude

We welcome all comments – positive and negative. We would like to thank all that have taken the time to leave comments as we strive to continually improve our service.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I are forever lovers. We love all of the resorts. We spent our third New Years Eve at the resort and had a wonderful time. Mitchell and Phil are great CXO's. Dennis and Chris are great waiters. The dinning room hostesses are very nice and pleasant and always willing to help. The staff at the Blizzard Chalet were great. They were very nice and very helpful. The bar staff was great as well. Jenna is always so nice as are 2 others( I can't remember their names but I know they have been there atleast 15 years). Both ladies have dark hair and beautiful personalities.

We didn't participate in a lot of activities this time except for the bingo as we decided to venture out this time. We ended up at the Paradise Stream one night where the dinner was excellant however the service wasn't the greatest. We did go to the night club several nights and I love GDJ on FIRE. Josette is always so nice and interactive with the crowd. They were by far the best band we saw out of the six nights we were there. We missed Josette at New Years. The band that was there was nice but didn't play music for all ages so some of the crowd was left out. (80's band which is my age group but for those older or younger, not much variaity)

The food was great. Buffett nights are not my favoite however I did find something I liked. Table service meals are always my favorite. We didn't have a bad meal at all. The breasfeast needs to be changed as it isn't very good if you get it in bed. Room service wasn't very good though.

The room was very clean and the cleaning staff was great about working around us. Over all we had a wonderful time and we are booked already again for next New Years. I am hoping however to visit the Pocono Palace in the spring.

Room Tip: Ask to set alone if you want. Participate in the activities. If not happy, let someone know.
2  Thank vacritter2000

We love our Forever Lovers vacritter2000! Thank you for this review! See you at Pocono Palace.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!