My boyfriend and I stayed this past week, and I can't figure out how any bad reviews could be given to Cove Haven. You can't judge a book by its cover, and you can't request to leave Cove Haven after 10 minutes unless you are an unsocial outcast who hates people and fun. The place definitely has a retro feel, but it is NOT dirty. Everything about Cove Haven is about romance. That's why there is no WIFI in the rooms and why there are mirrors all around. So you can focus on who you are with and what is important to you.
The two of us are under 25 and we were both pleasantly surprised by how many other <30 couples there were during our stay. It was a mostly older crowd, but there is something so nice as a young couple about being surrounded by people in happy and successful marriages. The staff was charming and personable. We loved both of our bartenders, Val and Gena. When my boyfriend was hungry around 11 after dinner in the middle of the week when all of the dining places had closed, Gena was super sweet and brought him a half a loaf of bread and pats of butter! We were so amused and thankful. We ate butter sandwiches before bed like happy campers.
The activities were so much fun! We tried to do as much as we could, and we loved archery, dance lessons, karaoke, snowmobiling, ice skating, and just getting to talk to other couples. The food was AMAZING and they certainly didn't want you to go hungry. We ordered the Quicky both mornings, and the second morning, they even took the egg off of my boyfriend's sandwich because we wrote in a request.
As far as any complaints.. well, I don't have many. A lot of the stuff could be upgraded. Our jacuzzi in the Garden of Eden Apple had an issue with maintaining water level, but since we only stayed for 2 nights, it didn't seem important enough to switch rooms. Also, our television remote had difficulty changing channels or operating correctly in general. My only other personal issue was not having a window and being in the pitch black at night, because my imagination went through every scary movie scene created.
Overall, we had a fantastic time and we are both looking forward to coming back someday. It is so intimate to see your significant other socializing, being active, and being affectionate. Everyone was so happy and the staff was exceptionally helpful. I wish we had stayed another night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is a romantic Poconos all-suite hotel. Many of our guest rooms feature whirlpools, saunas, fireplaces, and/or round king-size beds. Tennis, racquetball, and watersports are available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville