“Relaxing, quite, anniversary getaway.”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Newark, Delaware
“Relaxing, quite, anniversary getaway.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our first stay at the Cove Haven Resort. My wife and I reserved the Champagne room for our 20th anniversary. Very nice room. Has everything you could possibly want in a room. Large bath, sauna, heart shaped pool, champagne jacuzi that you enter through the bath on the second floor, two very large flat screen TV's and a great fireplace.

When we first arrived we were greeted by a very nice gentleman (Ron) at the front desk, he explained everything in detail that the resort had to offer and gave directions to each of the areas of intrest. He also made sure we understood that we could order breakfast in bed, enjoy the breakfast at the main dinning room or do both the following morning. Very nice touch.

The layout of the resort is very open and great for anyone that likes to walk. The Cove also offers transit from room to events and back if you like. We didnt use any of the transit offered and instead used that time to just enjoy each others company during our walk.

My wife and I have been all over the world traveling and I must say the presentation of the room when you first walk in is amazing! I am not sure if the staff plan everyroom to be perfectly lit like this but if so, keep up the good work. The staff had just the right lights on in the room to make it look amazing. I wont spoil the wow factor for anyone in hope this is common practice. Our room was very clean and we didnt have any issues with any of the amenities.

The food was good some nights great the others. For resort dinning I am very pleased. I didnt have a bad meal. Breakfast, if you have it in bed or in the dinning room is great. Could not be happier.

The resort is very quite and relaxing. There is more than enough for you to do. We were there for 5 days and only got to maybe half of what they have to offer. And that is another part I must touch on. No one from the Cove makes you feel like you must stay and finish a show, a game or an event. They fully know you are there to enjoy your time and relax. This was very key to enjoying the time I was having with my wife. To many times have we left a show at other resorts and the staff would feel the need to get a dig in.

The staff is amazing. Mark, Val, Ron, Margaret, and of course "Honset" Phil were some of the kindest and most helpful people I have ever met at a resort. GREAT JOB GUYS!

6 Thank G8travel
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Happy Anniversary & Congratulations G8travel- 20 years is amazing! Thank you so much for this lovely review and taking the time to share your great experience with us. I loved it! Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our mini honeymoon for two nights! We booked a room in a Juliette suite and to our surprise when we arrived, we were upgraded to a Garden of Eden Apple Suite. We were very happy with our room wth a pool inside, sauna, jacuzzi and fireplace. As nice as the room was, we barely spent time in the room because there is so much to do at this resort. We went from deer feeding, to horse and carriage ride, skating, archery, you name it, they have it. This resort is all inclusive so we got to enjoy their delicious all you can eat breakfast and an elegant dinner. I was not a fan of eating with other couple at first, but we ended up meeting some very nice people that we plan to keep in touch with. We enjoyed a band both nights we were there as well as a hysterical comedian. My husband and I had a blast and already plan to go back for our anniversary next year. I highly recommend this resort. The staff is very helpful and the customer service is spectacular. You also have an option of breakfast in bed which we took advantage of the morning we had to check out. This place is a MUST STAY!

Room Tip: Garden of Eden Apple Room is very nice. There are no windows for privacy but it makes it hard to kn...
3 Thank MelodyMarsh
Congratulations and thanks MelodyMarsh for this awesome review. “I highly recommend this resort. The staff is very helpful and the customer service is spectacular,” is what we love hearing! We will see you next year!
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked the Juliet room and stayed November 23 and 24th. I was impressed with the room, it was clean, the round king size bed with the mirror headboard was very comfortable. The decor was appealing. The heart-shaped hot tub was amazing with powerful jets. There was plenty of towels and our room was cleaned and lined changed during our stay. The food was buffet style on Friday and sit down meal Saturday evening. I thought the food was very good, and there was a huge selection to choose from. Your breakfast and dinner is included, you are seated with other couples, which I enjoyed meeting and talking to people. We were served champange with our Saturday breakfast, that was a nice touch. We walked the nature trail, but didn't attend any of the shows or activities on the resort. The staff was very friendly and went out of the way to make sure you enjoyed your stay. We plan on going back during the summer. It is a hideaway for lovers only!

1 Thank VeeNj
Great pictures VeeNj, Thanks for sharing with us! We will see you this summer!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We just came back from Cove Haven after spending just one night celebrating our 6 years anniversary. We chose Cove Fantasy and were pleasantly surprised. The room is something you would see in movies, a little cheesy but cute. You walk into the living room with a fireplace, walk down the steps and you're in the bedroom area where there is a round bed with sparkling 'start' you can look at, walk through a door and you're in the bathroom with the heart-shaped jacuzzi tub, and finally walk through another door and you're in the pool area and sauna. It was like having your own mini-resort for a day.
The Pros:
-Jacuzzi
-Private Pool and Sauna
-Breakfast and dinner included
-A lot of activities you can try
-Live deer around the resort
-Private

Cons:
-Pool step broke as my hubby was walking down to get into the pool. Second step snapped in half and gave him a red mark on each leg (I guess it's not designed for a 260lb man)
-Activities end early (We took a walk after dinner around 6:30PM and the activity place was closed!)
-The jacuzzi has no bubbles so bring your own or maybe it just didn't work for us since we used it 3times.
-The mirrors in the pool are were dirty and the bottom row is due for a little change.
-Have to pay to get TWO pieces of wood (they do last long but why should I pay for that too?!)

Overall the place is great I just wished we could have done at least one activity like ice skating or archery. We will be going back again to try another room type and maybe we will have more time to try some activities. If you want to spend one night in a room with your own jacuzzi and pool try this place and choose Cove Fantasy. For the price you would expect a more modernized/fancier place but since we are a young couple (both in our 20s) that are oldier in our hearts this was perfect! Just fix the pool steps in room 290!!

2 Thank Amy422
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Happy Anniversary Amy422. Thank you for sharing with us and we will make sure the pool ladder is fixed. See you next time!
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were planning a relaxed holiday for some time and we decided to go with the flow.
We booked the room via priceline for 1 night and got an upgrade to a Cove Fantasy room. We liked so much that decided to stay another night. The staff was so nice, they even maintained the price of first night.
The room had a romantic atmosphere... round bed, fireplace, heart shape jacuzzi and even an indoor pool. It was so lovely!
And it was all inclusive... breakfast and dinner. The food was good enough and the staff was helpful and funny.
As it is a resort they have different bars and cafes, with activities... sports palace with all sorts of games and even an ice skating arena. And during the nights they have games, concerts, and other activities.
The place is very nice, near the lake. And you can also see deers inside the property.
The less good thing was the bed... the mattress was not good, so the sleeping was not the best.
I recommend this resort for a romantic escape!

1 Thank joanazul
Glad you had a lovely time and “I recommend this resort for a romantic escape!” is what we like to hear! Love the picture of the lake. Thanks for sharing with us joanazul! Come back soon!
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Room was nice in that cheesy lovers hotel type of way. Nice balcony and view over trees and a creek. Food was HORRIBLE! The in room couples massage was amazing! Bar was nice with a lot of creative drinks to pick from. The indoor pool area and whirlpools were great and open all night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lizzie814
Thanks for sharing your review lizzie814! I’m glad you enjoyed Cove Haven! I’m sorry to hear you didn't like the food - please consider emailing me at love@covepoconoresorts.com with how it could have been improved. Come back and visit soon.
Glen Rock ,NJ
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Paradise stream resort a coupe of years ago in the Garden of Apple and Eve suite and was pleasantly surprised by the great service and out-dated but clean room and overall facility. I recently stayed in a fairway suite at the Cove Haven resort and was very disappointed with room, restaurant, facility, staff and so on.

Room: Very outdated, dirty, uncomfortable bed, dirty bath, small room, noisy (the suites are adjacent to each other less than 10 feet apart (you can hear hat your "neighbor" is watching on their TV from your bed), dirty porch (with no privacy), lake view of the woods?

Restaurant: Outdated, we were FORSED to sit with 6 random people (not romantic, just awkward); the food was terrible, poor/lack of service. The morning breakfast was something you expect to get from 711.

Facility: Outdated, claustrophobic, buildings that were falling apart. All said I'm not sure if the resorts share the same layout and food but I would defiantly shell out some extra money for the better suites with pools ect. I would also recommend staying at the Paradise Stream, everything from the resort layout, food, rooms, entertainment was 100% better.

Room Tip: Stay at the Paradise Stream, this place is a dump.
2 Thank Marc004
Thank you for sharing your experience with us Marc004. I am extremely sorry to hear Cove Haven was not what you expected. Please consider emailing me at love@covepoconoresorts with more details about your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Lakeville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!