Cove Haven Resort
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotels.com
$65
Travelocity
Ledges Hotel(Hawley)(Great Value!)
$150
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
$105
ComfortInn
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
$75
Hotel Wayne(Honesdale)
$100
$838
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,693 results
All reviewshonest philice skatingbreakfast in bedget awaybreakfast and dinnerour honeymoonparrot loungeprivate tablechampagne towergarden of eden applemini golfnewlywed gameyear anniversaryromantic getawayspeed boatbring your ownall you can eat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am so disappointed by Cove Haven. I have wanted to go here for years. My boyfriend actually was kind enough to spend his hard earned money to take me to Cove Haven.

First off the pictures do not match the actual resort. Some of the guests seem to love it and don't mind a run down resort. However, I do mind paying $300/night and not having a coffee maker in the room, ice machine, or soda machine near the building. Oh and key feature missing WIFI in the rooms. I am going to school online and needed to post we had to go to the cafe which is only open till 10:00 pm.

As leave the check-in building you are greeted by at least 3 bungalows with collapsed roofs. Seriously, blue tarp them and put a sign up stating that construction is beginning shortly to fix this. The water level in the lake was very low, which is surprising considering the numerous lakes within a 10 - 15 mile radius all appeared to have adequate water.

The rooms are outdated. Like others have said it is like stepping back into the 70s or 80s. I get that mirrored walls were in back then but not anymore. The AC unit was so loud, my boyfriend stated it sounded like a washing machine. It is clear the money made from this property has been invested into the other two.

You may be able to go between properties but they are far apart. We checked out the other two. Paradise stream appeared to be a step up from Cove Haven. The nicest check-in building was at Pocono Palace which appears to be a modern hotel. The gave us a map of the property and we saw the same type of buildings. However, at the Palace they did seem to offer more activities their lake was prettier and more of what I thought we were getting.

The other thing we did not like was being seated with 3 other couples. We were there for a romantic getaway for just the two of us. When we asked to dine alone we had to wait over 30 minutes. When there were plenty of empty tables. I just feel that we were paid for and were expecting a Hilton or Hampton Inn experience and what we got was a 1 or 2 star motel experience.

My boyfriend said he would consider trying the Pocono Palace but I don't think so. I am not going to have him spend his money at this resort again. $300/night I want a clean, polished room, and I expect the pictures to match the property as it currently is. Not how it was 20 or 30 years ago.

I have read most of the negative reviews and they are spot on with their description of this resort. I only wished I had found this site sooner. :(

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Mary S
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed. We would love to have you visit us at Pocono Palace. Please consider emailing us at love@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at Cove Haven--we booked a "Garden of Eden Apple" suite for 3 nights. Our suite was very spacious, with a separate sitting area that also included a hear-shaped whirlpool, and a smaller television recessed in the wall. Off the sitting area was a sunken bedroom with a huge round bed and fireplace, a larger tv, a large walk in closet with plenty of hanging space, and a large vanity/dressing room with a shower stall and separate toilet area with its own door. There was also a dorm-sized refrigerator recessed into a wall in the vanity/dressing room., and a heater you could turn on to take any chill out of the air in the dressing area. Off the bedroom was an indoor heated private (small) pool--glass doors led from the bedroom to the pool area, which was also very spacious. Finally, contained behind a mirrored door that was part of a mirrored wall in the pool area, was a small dry sauna. While I saw a few reviews when I was researching Cove Haven claiming that it needed decor updating, our particular suite was very well maintained and spotless. I did see a couple of tiles in the pool area that were cracked and a little wear to the carpet, but it really was nothing when compared to the spaciousness and overall beauty of the suite. The suite was like our own personal cocoon--heard very little in the way of outside noise other than an occasional car engine starting--sleep quality was great.. The staff were extremely friendly for the most part--especially the bartenders in the lounges and the waitstaff in the restaurant, known as the Coliseum. The first night we had dinner there, our server "Dennis" was really funny, cracking jokes as he took orders and brought our orders to us. We enjoyed the communal dining, both breakfast and dinner, where we would be seated with 3 other couples completely unknown to us--much like they do on a cruise--we met many nice, friendly and interesting people from several different states, including a couple who had come all the way from Memphis! You should know though that if you are uncomfortable with this sort of dining arrangement, you can request a table to yourselves--that's what my husband and I did for dinner on our actual anniversary, and the staff happily obliged us. I found the food quite good, although on the first night ordered a pork chop dish that was covered in a gravy I personally found too salty--ended up scraping off the gravy and eating the chop, which was probably close to 2 inches thick. If you like dessert, they always offer a good selection after dinner, including an ice cream bar where you will find a wide selection of toppings. Breakfast you can have at the restaurant, or if you want, order their "Quicky" to be delivered to your suite--they will call about 10 mins before delivery. We ordered in for breakfast only once--didn't care a whole lot for the "Quicky"--cereal and coffee/juice were all fine, but the breakfast sandwich/panini comes on a roll that is really thick and "bready"--both myself and my husband only ate a few bites. My suggestion is either go to the Coliseum for breakfast, or if you order the Quicky, don't get the sandwich. Because we were there mid-week, we didn't experience the sort of entertainment that the Cove Haven brings in on weekends, standup comics and bands and such--but you can still go to the Parrot Lounge and have a good time--Cove Haven does a good job making sure you don't get bored. Be advised that in the lounges they invite the couples
to take part in games like "sexual feud" (think family feud, but R rated--also an X rated version of The Newlywed game) Hilarious, but if you are shy, best not volunteer! We also took advantage of the game room at the sport complex--played mini golf on the somewhat tired looking 9.hole indoor course, pool, ping pong, air hockey, etc. Many of the games are no charge, but pinball machines and a few others require a couple of tokens. We also enjoyed the indoor archery range and other game room found downstairs in the cafe, and walked on the short "nature trail" that runs through the woods. The campus--don't be put off by its somewhat institutional look when you arrive-- is quite spread out, but you can drive to most of the buildings or call for a complimentary shuttle if you don't want to walk. We were told though by couples who had been there before that if you visit either on the weekends or during the summer busy season, you may wait for the shuttle for quite awhile. Oh, I almost forgot that there are a couple of outdoor swimming pools for warmer weather--one heart shaped--but if it's cool there is a nice indoor pool with adjoining jacuzzi's that are open 24 hours, just off the Parrot Lounge. This resort is all inclusive with the exception of lunch and of course alcoholic drinks, but we were usually so busy we ended up skipping lunch every day we were there. You can also bring snacks and beverages from home and stock your room fridge, which we did. There was always a cocktail hour with pretty good munchies at the lounge attached to the Coliseum starting around 5, with dinner starting usually not much past 6. Each evening a professional photographer will come to your dinner table and offer to take your photo as a couple, which will be available for purchase at the gift shop the next morning. But if you don't wish to have yours done, simply decline, which we did our final night at the restaurant, and he graciously accepted our request--we had already looked at and purchased one of the pics from a prior evening, saw no reason to have another done. By the way, if you want to sleep in or simply spend a day in your suite as we did--didn't leave it on our anniversary day until 5 pm--you put Cove Haven's version of a do not disturb sign (it shows two spoons "spooning" lol) outside your door. We received a call late in the morning from housekeeping asking if we would like clean towels/washcloths, and when we opened the door at 5 to go out, there was a nice large plastic bag with several towels and washcloths that lasted us the rest of our stay--these folks do it right! I know this is a long review but there was a lot to say about Cove Haven. Simply loved our stay, and am already planning to go back sometime next year. Great for intimacy with your loved one, but plenty of socializing with other couples available too if you wish! And when we checked out Friday morning just before 11, the lady at the desk said we were free to continue using the facilities up until 5 pm--unfortunately, we had to get on the road.

Room Tip: Most people we spoke with that had been to Cove Haven multiple times say the Champagne Tower suites and the Garden of Eden Apple suites are the best. The Apple has no windows whatsoever, so when the lights are out it's REALLY dark.
3  Thank ReneeA261

Wonderful review ReneeA261! Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us and for the kind words. Happy Anniversary and we will see you next time!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My Husband and I were Married in Sept of 99 and celebrated our Honeymoon At Cove Haven and LOVED IT!! The room was spectacular and the Service was Amazing. We hated leaving when our Honeymoon was over. As life moved on and we became parents and had responsibilites and it became harder for us to get away, we did not go back:( Not because it wasnt the best place to go,, but because of finances and other responsibilities. Our 13yr Anv rolled around and I felt it was more important for my Hubby and I to get away to celebrate,, At No other place than Cove Haven, where our momories started:) WE Loved it even more than last time! Such a Great Atmosphere and Room and Service as Usual is Awesome! It was just he and I,, Having fun again with each other remebering how much we love each other:) We enjoyed ourelves tremendesly and have NO COMPLAINTS! We are booked for Feb! Im sooo Excited!! Thank you Cove Haven and Wonderful Staff.

Room Tip: So far I have stayed twice and both times my room was very good and located in a great spot. No noise or smells or any problems.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary Marie M! So glad you chose Cove Haven to celebrate and thank you for such a lovely review! We can’t wait to have you back in February!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

First of all, my husband & I had a great time at Cove Haven. Just want to say 'thanks' to the staff, they are the best. Because of them, we had a great time. (would have given 4 stars, just for having such a good time)

Now for the rooms. We love to travel & have stayed at our share of places. That being said, the rooms at Cove Haven really, I mean really need some upgrades. Very outdated. They still using the old tube t.v's. The bedspread was from the 80's or something. For this reason, I have to give it 3 stars.

We would go back, but just for a quick getaway (when we need to relax). It's an ok place for 2 or 3 days, but no more than that.

2  Thank HeyLady929

Thank you HeyLady929. we appreciate your review and glad you had a great time! Come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Cove Haven is a great getaway for couples! We were looking for a quiet place to celebrate our 10th anniversary and decided to go back to Cove Haven. We had great service, awesome food, great entertainment and a peaceful atmosphere to reconnect as a couple. Try it...you'll LOVE it!

Room Tip: Garden of Eden Apple rooms are very private...no windows. For as nice as the room was, it felt like a cave. We prefer other rooms with a window. Any couple looking for some private, get-away-from-it-all kind of rooms will like the Garden of Eden Apple rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Happy Anniversary Rebecca M. Glad you chose Cove Haven! Thanks for the great review!