Split Rock Resort
$59
EconoLodge
$135
$75
The Village at Pocono(Long Pond)(Great Value!)
$90
$59
$79
ComfortInn
1,775 results
All reviewsfull kitchenindoor waterparkwestwood villasjack frost and big boulderturtle racesone bedroom suitewillowbrook sectiongas fireplaceminiature golfa lot of funoutdoor activitiesall agessnow tubingjim thorpeparlortennisbingo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Willowbrook was a very nice resort at Split Rock Lodge. Plus side included a lock off that was exactly the same as the main section. Pretty views. Down side was that you had to drive to all the amenities, including indoor pool. The hot tub was out of service the week that we were there, but the thought of driving to use it was a big turn-off. Lot's of nice things to do, including bowling, movie theatre, mini golf and an indoor water park. The grounds were very pretty & well kept.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank NancyJan2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed last year at Willowbrook and were satisfied for the most part. This is a chintzy resort. The Galleria sets the mood for the visit. It is old and ill maintained. The food at the Pit was so bad that we chose not to eat there this year. Ditto for Sunset Greens.
We stayed in the Slopeside this year. It was totally unacceptable. There have been no upgrades EVER. Original bedspread toaster dishwasher etc. They were not even decent quality when new. Now everything is just ugly and dirty.

I do not usually write reviews,but our experience was so bad that we will not return to the Poconos. I want to warn anyone to request at the minimum an upgraded room and stay away from the Galleria.

Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Mary J
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've been coming here since 1993 almost every summer. I was 5 years old then. We stay in a house on the resort grounds every year. Progressively, I've watched the "management" of this place turn it into a sloppy mess. It used to be a peaceful, beautiful escape. Now, its just plain sad. The main hotel looks like its falling apart and smells like OLD. Oh but its ok because theyve just spent a ton of money on the waterpark (couple slides in an over-chlorinated pool). Mini golf place looks like a bomb went off, its filthy and broken. The only positive is the people who work there, they are great local kids mostly.

Shape up Split Rock, you used to be awesome. Now you're just an overpriced shantytown.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank IlyaMirk
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When we arrived on the grounds of the Split Rock Resort we were excited and thought it was beautiful. However, once we walked inside the lobby we knew that it was going to be a long weekend. Our trip was for the purpose of staying the weekend because we planned a white water rafting day on the Saturday. Well, our first meal, we had to send back.....worst meal we have ever had. In the restaurant, the food was either over cooked or undercooked and one dish was spoiled. The good part of that was they did not charge us for the meal. The rooms smelled musty, old 1960's bedspreads, the hallways...musty and multi-cultural food smells from the many rooms of self cooking. The staff at the miniature gold completely rude and inexperienced. There were no balls left and we couldn't play...until my son climber in the spiderweb filled stall of the last hole to collect about 25 balls. Then we were able to play. It was dusk...it got dark....no lights at the course. It's on a timer they say...we played in complete darkness for three hols, then the lights finally came on only for 45 miuntes. We had to leave the course without finishing our game. The teenager in the booth basically said..."it's not my fault" We requested our money back but the manager of the resort made us agree to give a positive review. Well, I never got my refund for the mini golf, so here I am with my honest review. The water park is also very dirty and exptremely overpriced. My kids walked in there to check it out, they didn't even want to play in the place. This place is a joke. A bunch of staten Island, queens, bronx...rejects walking around with cases of beer, cutfof shorts, cutoff t-shirts...but then again...It's the poconos. We will NEVER visit this place again. The white water rafting was a blast, but will just make it a day trip nexttime or I would rather camp in a tent then stay at this outdated, poor excuse and overpriced resort (not).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 5gem
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I traded our timeshare for a 4 night stay at Willowbrook. We drove from Virginia arriving about 6PM on Friday. We had to wait for only one person to check in but were greeted by a friendly and efficient staff. When we got to our room, we found it to be very acceptable but not as nice as some we had visited elsewhere. It was a little older and needed some updating. They still have CRT Televisions and when we turned on the unit in the living room, the picture was out of focus so badly that I called the front desk. Tony from Maintenance arrived and agreed that the TV should be changed. I told him next day would be fine. On Saturday we drove to the town Blakeslee and enroute stopped at an Amish farmers market and picked up delicious vegatables and fruit, then visited a flea market in Blakeslee. On the way back we decided to travel 15 miles out of the way to visit the town of Jim Thorpe and enjoyed all it had to offer. The drive was pretty as the leaves were starting to change.

When we returned, we went to the Galleria and enjoyed a cocktail at the Pit. The price was surprisingly inexpensive for a lounge at a resort. Then we stayed to play silly resort games. Horseracing, Bingo and a Frozen TShirt contest. If you have never seen the Frozen T-shirt contest, you must. It is hilarious to see people work to put the shirt on a quickly as possible.
Harold and Josh were great hosts for these games. From 9PM - midnight, entertainment was a DJ named Bert Presley. He was great, playing music that caused the small crowd to dance, and singing very well to some of the songs.
When we finally returned to our room, we found the TV had been replaced with a flat screen TV. What a wonderful improvement.

We drove north to Wilkes-Barre and really enjoyed the changing colors, We also drove south to Bethlehem and leaves had not changed yet. So The end of September is a great time to view the leaves if you go north but not south.

Overall, the resort provided all we desired. We actually used the indoor pool and hot tub on Monday and were surprised to be the only guests using the facility. The $1 toll is something the resort needs to do away with and addition of in room safes would be appreciated. Almost every resort we have visited had a safe. In room wireless internet was excellent and I had no problems.

I would most likely try to visit a different resort if I returned to the area but not because of anything wrong at Split Rock. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant eager to assist.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple