“never again”
Review of Split Rock Resort

Split Rock Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Harmony
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My group and I stayed on 11/17/12 for 1 night. In the past, my wife and i really loved this resort. This time we brought 2 other couples to enjoy it with us. It is unlikely they will trust me to plan another trip. I am embarrassed and ashamed that I shared this "resort" with my friends. Along with a filthy room we received horrible service. It appears this was a busy weekend for the hotel so I'm sure the workers had their hands full. The thing that has me totally disgusted is the night manager. I would be shocked if the hotel trusted this man with cleaning the bathroom. My group and I will never return to this hotel and I plan on telling the world about it. You will be receiving my letter soon.

Room Tip: You will find that you'll enjoy sleeping in your car better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ricky123321
Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Beer fest was a great time and the staff at the resort is great. Miklos was particularly helpful to our group and he's a great guy. Can't wait for beerfest 2013! The grounds are beautiful and if you're a runner, make it a point to go out take in the scenery.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carmelo M
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Thank you Split Rock Resort. The Staff are wonderful at this location. Loved Mrs. Elaine - and others as well ! We were greeted very well at check in, with very helpful details of the resort. We had a flawless stay at Split Rock - we stayed in the Galleria - the suite made life great. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room everything we needed was there. This resort was everything that we could have asked for and more. Indoor water park - bowling - game room - pool tables - fantastic place. Thanks Split Rock

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Advisor a
srmarket, Guest Relations Manager at Split Rock Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, particularly about the Split Rock Team. We take great pride in our people and feel strongly they are, hands down, our biggest asset. Rest assured your words will be shared with them. We look forward to welcoming you back - be sure to let us know in advance! Cheers,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I exchanged into Willowbrook with hesitation because we've spent a decade staying at a specific resort in the Poconos and I wasn't familiar with this area. However, everything about Willowbrook and Split Rock was so awesome that I booked a vacation to return the next year before we completed our first visit. Condos are roomy with queen size bed in master bedroom, separate bathroom with jacuzzi tub, living room with fireplace and a huge kitchen, bar and dining area for family meals. Washer and dryer were just down the hall, which was made drying wet ski clothes a snap. Modernized appliances, dvd player and cable channels kept the family entertained while in the condo. Much to our surprise, we could ski during the day and have fun at Split Rock in the evening with their indoor water park (H2OOOOO), bowling alley, arcade room, pool table, table tennis, movie theater, ice cream parlor and salon. There's definitely something for everyone and our return trip, with a second family will be even more exciting.

Note: there's a nominal fee for a few activities but the weekly event list provides days/times where some of them are completely free. There's also a shuttle from the condo to the main hotel, so you don't have to move your car/truck.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank FamilyTravel4Me
srmarket, Guest Relations Manager at Split Rock Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience! I'm glad to learn of your favorable impression of Willowbrook. Thank you again and see you soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

So this is day 1 of our 7 day stay. Friday check-in went well. Helpful staff at desk, had luggage carts to get our stuff in. They gave us a coupon sheet to help save a few $$$, not really convinced we saved anything! Friday night dinner was Galleria dining room... $48.00+ for soup, salad bar, 2 pieces of jumbo shrimp, and a 5 oz poorly cooked steak, and 'smashed' red skin taters with HUGE chunks of raw garlic. Will NOT eat dinner there again... Room ok. Cold water issues, called maintenance and they had it fixed with-in 20 minutes. TV's are old and have serious volume issues. Had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. 1 bath with jet tub, 1 bath with shower. Good layout for now. Bed/mattress cozy. Couches are older and not so fluffy, stained carpets, crooked wall paper, cracked drywall, dusty blinds, just old out dated... Everything... Tubs/showers/sinks/decor... Dishes/stove/microwave... I think you get the drift... More one 2nd day coming tomorrow...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimDePatty
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I never ever EVER write reviews, but there was so many negative comments about this place, I had to give my feedback.
My husband and I purchased a travelzoo voucher for a 2 night stay . Included was a $50 resort credit. I was very skeptical, even worried about coming to Split Rock based on all the bad reviews on Trip advisor. First things first... with the voucher, we were originally in a standard Garden lodge room with 2 double beds. I called the resort, and I mentioned it was my husbands birthday, and could I possibly update to a bigger, better room depending on cost. We were also bringing our 2 year old, and a little extra room was needed. The wonderful lady who I spoke to(sorry I can't remember name)Upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite with a full kitchen at NO extra charge!
We stayed in the galleria in the slopeside suites. YES the room was dated, but clean, and efficient. We had a fridge, dishwasher, stove, and microwave, and every utensil you could need to cook with.. It helped to make breakfast, and have snacks and drinks in the room for our toddler and ourself.
Our location was perfect. We were in the same building as the bowling alley, arcade, and movie theater, and attached to the indoor water park.First night there, we ate at the Galleria Dining room. Unfortunately, they had a very limited , and set menu. This is not how they normally run, but they had hundreds of power/electric people staying there, and helping in the area to restore power, so they had to keep it limited due to volume. Food was OK... burgers, fries, salad bar.
Water Park- we used our $50 resort credit towards this.The water park was FUN. It was perfectly clean, had a good amount of things for our daughter. She had so much fun, and we went 3 times that day!They have a food stand for typical lunch fare, and it was decent priced, and pretty good!
We went to the Italian restuarant called Be'llago. This was located in the lodge which was about 1/4 mile down the road. I was so worried walking in, but the food was GOOD! We had the calamari for appetizer, I had the prime rib, my husband had the chicken parm, and we shared. We had a window seat right on the lake, and the prices were decent!

All in all, a GREAT trip! We will definitely go back again, it is a nice family resort with a lot of things to do at a decent price!

Room Tip: Galleria suites are in a prime location for kid's activities!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank brown t

brown t, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Split Rock Resort. The fact that you do not normally write reviews is especially rewarding because it means that your experience was positive enough to warrant going out of your way to share it. We look forward to welcoming you back. Best,
Frank Rapale

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the first time I have visited Split Rock in about 14 years, when we used to have an annual family reunion area. Some things are still the same and some things have changed. There is a fairly new water park and an additional 9 holes to the golf course. My wife and I stayed in the Galleria complex which has everything (indoor tennis, arcade, movie theater, bowling alley, bar, restaurant, pizzaria, pool, ping pong, ballroom and more). There are tons of things to do. We stayed on their golf package, which includes meals, a room and a round of golf per day. I don't think anyone else this weekend stayed on the golf package, because it was a bit cold and late in the year, and we pretty much had the course all to ourselves. We paid about $400 per night including taxes for the golf package - the value was okay for this price.

Regarding the ton of comments that the place is "dated" - that is not entirely true. I thought my room in the Galleria was just fine. We had one of the suites on the 2nd floor and it was in fine shape. The only thing I would consider dated would be the fact that you had an actual key to enter the room rather than a card key like most places have these days.

Also, regarding the ton of comments regarding the $1 toll to enter the place - give it a rest. First of all, it is only $1. This is a road that cuts a significant chunk of time from Lake Harmony to north of I-80 so if there was not a toll, there would be a ton of traffic coming through the resort to get north of the highway. Plus, if you are staying at the resort, you can use the receipt for the toll towards any of the activities.

The food was good. The Chicken Parmagiana in the Pizzaria wasn't very good, but the rest of the food we had was. The staff was friendly, especially the bartender in the Pit Bar.

So, in summary, this is a neat place for a getaway with lots to do and recommended if you are taking a trip to the Poconos.

Room Tip: The Galleria is where most of the activities are, so if you like activities, stay here. If you like...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoeBNYC
srmarket, Guest Relations Manager at Split Rock Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

joeBNYC Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at Split Rock Resort. We are glad that your experience was positive enough to warrant going out of your way to share it. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Harmony
The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Split Rock Resort? Share your experiences!