“Timeshare trade”
Review of Split Rock Resort

Split Rock Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Harmony
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was a little skeptical after booking after reading the reviews, especially since we were booked at the Galleria, two bedroom suite. My husband and I have done alot of trades with different resorts The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our suite was very clean and had everything we needed. The resort itself, very well kept and clean. ( I tore the room apart, as previous posts showed bedbugs and stains on linens/furniture, NONE found) We were definitely"off season", so alot of things were not open until the weekend. The check-in staff recommended great places to eat and were very honest about limited availablity to some of the activities, but we were here for strict relaxation and downtime. Nice feature is that the restaurants are convenient and can do a take out and stay in the room. Yes the toll road is a pesky, but the resort is very upfront about this. We will definitely come back(off-season, since the staff did indicate that during the summer this quite a busy place, but of course! it would be great for families), I was also told that to get the Westwood timeshares, must be requested, which I will do, since it is right on the golfcourse,( to stay with golfing partners) but the Galleria
was not anything like I saw described on the previous reviews.

Room Tip: We did stay on the 3rd floor of the Galleria, for the first 3 days, we did not see anyone our floor...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindi712
srmarket, Guest Relations Manager at Split Rock Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We appreciate your comments especially the one regarding our staff being friendly. We take pride on our customer service skills and the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future. Let us know of your return and we can help you reserve the lodging of your choice.

There are newer reviews for Split Rock Resort

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We traded our time share and were in the Westwood timeshares. Overall we had a good time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Waterpark was fun and the arcade and bowling were a lot of fun. The 2 bedroom unit was dated and could use some work. Carpet by entrance was very dirty, the rest looked pretty good. The bedrooms are downstairs and the Master had a very musty smell. The kitchen utensils were very skimpy and need to be replaced with usable sizes. The miniature golf course and play grounds were fun for the grandchildren. One thing kind of lacking were hiking trails. September was a great time to be there as there were very few people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Doherm

We are very pleased to hear that you had a great time with your grandchildren. We have already discussed your concerns with the housekeeping department and the problems will be addressed. We hope you return to split rock resort soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here in highschool and wasnt impressed, but then forgot it was the same place so I booked another trip 9 years later. Stayed here with our children over the March 2012 St Pattys day weekend. Left a day early due to a stomach virus our one child caught, while the rest of us were feeling a little ill- he had a fever and stomach cramping, diarrhea within 24 hours of being there. He was fine when we got there, but then we visited the indoor waterpark. At first- I thought- how nice since this was the middle of the winter in the Northeast mountains and the kids love to swim- but even they complained that the pool staff was lacking- grown men were aggressively throwing a basketball across children swimming in one area with no regard to hitting them- which I was almost one of. The wave pool was unhygienic and looked like it needed to be degreased. The water smelled and did not look clean. There was a dirty diaper laying under a chair. The lines were not long to wait in, but it wasnt that crowded. In the pool inside the hotel people were "humping" in the water with no regard to the children being present. It was disgusting. Swim at your own risk has a new meaning indeed.
The pizza at the shop inside was decent, but other than that- the hotel is dated and in serious need of new sheets and furniture, paint, rugs. It looked exactly like it did when I was there in highschool. When I spoke to the manager about leaving due to my families sudden illness since arriving she told me there was a no refund policy and that "many people get sick here because we cannot put the matresses outside to air them out due to the weather like we do in my country" And that they cannot "use certain cleaning materials due to government guidelines in the USA". I dont know where she comes from but its not a great policy to tell people that there is no refund for a place in the USA and then compare it to YOUR countries policies. She offered to post date my waterpark tickets for 3 months for the remaining days since I bought them in advance and I kindly refused. My kids call it the "dirty park" now. Sad- because I paid about $1500 to stay, travel, eat, swim and sleep somewhere that all I got was a decent pizza and a sick family. I could've got that in Philly. Thanks anyway.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank roxy-sean
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Sept. and this lovely place is empty. I don't know why all the negative comments, we found this resort to be all that we needed. We were on a timeshare in the Willowbrook section and the unit was a lock-off. Very nice, comfortable, and clean . You are away from everything and need a car to get around the grounds which are spread out. The main building The Galleria has everything you need, movie theater (one movie a week) sports and game rooms, restaurant where the food is good but lacks ambiance. Pool is huge, pizza shop and ice cream. Check in was easy and staff throughout was friendly. Sports bar at the lake was nice. Activities for the family all day. The cons are: there's an extra charge for almost everything, movie, bowling, miniature golf, entrance to property toll $1.00 (some recoverable). beds and linen in Willowbrook need replacing. Must be a rocking place in Winter and Summer.

Room Tip: get rooms in Willowbrook or Galleria.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul D

Thank you for your kind comments and helpful suggestions which are most welcomed. We are indeed working hard on enhancements to our property and we look forward to wowing you next time you honor us with a visit. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in Sept after Travel Zoo had a promotion for Split Rock. Our room had a nice view of the Lake but it was certainly dated and needed sprucing up, but we expected that based on reviews. It was however clean and quiet. It seemed we went at a slower time of year because it seemed like we were the only ones staying in the building. All the employees were friendly and welcoming. A bit of an annoyance was that some scheduled activities didnt take place when we went to participate (probably because it was a slower time) but we were able to keep ourselves busy with the other activites that you paid additional for (water park, arcade, movies). The waterpark was a blast for the kids and adults. We had a nice weekend, but in the future I probably wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank loves2travel7

We are glad that you were able to participate in the travel zoo promotion. Please check our website for upcoming specials. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for a conference. While appearance wise it seems dated, you can see where they are expanding and modernizing the facilities. While we stayed at the more modern Galleria, if you want more retro 1970's/1980's, stay at the Lodge and the extra perk is you are right next to Lake Harmony. The "standard room" I stayed in in the Galleria was a one bedroom suite with a living room area and kitchenette. Very nice. The more modern spa, workout club, arcade and basketball/tennis facilities were huge and wonderful for families that exercise. And the indoor waterpark was amazing (lots of huge waterslides). A few small ponds dot the landscape around the facility withsome bass to fish for. Head out the rear of the facility for local restaurants that are great (eat at Terra Cottage). Think of it this way, while the family may stay in more dated (but improving) rooms, you will spend most of our time enjoying the ton of activities the facility offers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cwhite8181
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I only stayed here once for a business convention. I found the whole place kind of odd. I think it has been added on to several times, and our room was probably in one of the oldest parts. We literally had to take like 3 different elevators to get to our room, and the front desk staff didn't even bother to alert us to this--we had to figure it out on our own and then ask a bunch of people. First we had to get to the 2nd floor, either by way of the lobby elevator or stairs. Then we had to walk clear to the end of a VERY long hallway, grab a second elevator and go to a certain floor. Then walk clear to the end of another VERY long hallway, and take yet one more elevator to go up one more final floor. The room was very dated. And the best part was, they somehow messed up our reservation and ended up calling me the 2nd morning of the convention asking why I hadn't checked out yet. It was just a fiasco. Ironically, we ended up winning a free 2-night stay at this place during one of the giveaways they were doing the last night of the convention (which we missed, because we got mad about our messed up reservation and ended up leaving early LOL). Needless to say, we never used it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Split Rock Resort? Share your experiences!