“Not awful anymore”

Pocono Resort Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lake Harmony
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here last year and was very disappointed with the staff and all around quality but wanted to give them a second chance. Last year it was a Ramada and the manager was blaming hurricane Sandy for the condition of the place, pool closed, no restaurant, keys to room didn't work after 3 trips back to the desk, they finally sent someone from maintenance to take care of it. This year the keys worked but there was a quarter inch of dust under the bed and the pool and restaurant were still closed. My view was the same though, a garbage strewn wooded lot. The staff was friendly enough but there was no pep in their step, way too much chatting at the check in desk and not the room they promised but still better than last year. I'll try them again next year and get back to you on that, I hope they get their act together by then.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas O
GM08751, Guest Relations Manager at Pocono Resort Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

It is nice to hear that on the whole you had more a pleasant experience compared to your last visit. We thank you for your feedback which will assist us in correcting our deficiencies and improving further our services. We hope that in your visit that you will only have praises for our accommodations and services.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We checked in after a disastrous drive through storms. We were exhausted. Usually, I stay near Tannersville, but this time, I wanted to be close to Lake Harmony. We requested a bottom floor but were told that there were only 2 rooms left. An obvious lie as we later found out. I knew this hotel had changed names several times as I remember it as the Ramada. They advertise a bar/restaurant online, but twice in 3 years that I visited, it was closed. We went there mainly because it was right off of the turnpike and for a bar/restaurant so we didnt have to travel. Both times it was closed. When I got in the room, I noticed the furniture hasnt changed. It was marked up and probably the same furniture from the 80s 90s Ramada days. I noticed the floor was not properly vacuumed and when I went into the bathroom, I noticed a used washcloth on the shower rod that was left from a previous guest. It looked like it had dried blood on it. Exhausted and not in the arguing mood, we went to bed almost immediately. When I woke, I noticed the toilet barely flushed. When morning came, I saw how dirty the room really was. We noticed stains on the mattress cover which looked like bed bug remains. We also noticed the white comforter was yellow and had dried blood stains all over it. When I went to shower, the water was rusty and brown. I immediately went to the front desk and checked out and complained. the agent, who could have been the manager/owner, was not apologetic at all. When my wife went to him, he tried bribing her $10 not to mention anything to the manager. Are you kidding me??? We noticed in the morning only about 5 cars in the back parking lot and the front had less than 12 cars. the hotel was nowhere near booked and we were lead to believe it was. First mistake, staff lied to us about occupancy. Secondly, the room was disgusting. We took pics and sent them to the manager. Thirdly, the bar/restaurant was closed AGAIN even though they advertise it. And lastly, the staff is pathetic. We never received an apology from the agent instead we received attitude and excuses and a bribe of $10. How pathetic. Now they have a Quality Inn banner outside but certainly not their standards. Stay away from this hotel. It is disgusting!!! I work in the restaurant and hotel business so I was completely shocked at how disgusting the room was and how unprofessional the staff is. They will probably name change again so stay away from the property on 940. They should not be in the hotel business!!!

Room Tip: no good rooms, I dont think the rooms have been updated since the 80s or early 90s
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anthony S
GM08751, Guest Relations Manager at Pocono Resort Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

We sincerely apologize for failing to live up to your expectations. We want to assure you that your comments will be addressed, as we put utmost importance on guest satisfaction.

Your comments regarding the deplorable state of your room will be communicated with the head of our housekeeping department for proper corrective actions to be implemented. Your experience did not reflect in any way our room standards. We understand very well that we cannot gain any loyalty from our guests if we cannot provide clean and comfortable rooms.

As for your allegation that a staff attempted to bribe your wife, an investigation will be conducted due to its serious nature. We do not condone such a behavior from any of our staff.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may be given a chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and knew it had changed names several times. It was previously the Ramada that got worn down. Usually, I stay in Tannersville but we choose to be closer to Lake Harmony. I grew up in the biz so I know the workings. We just arrived after brutal ride and storms. We were exhausted. We were told that there was only 2 rooms left. We were put in back of resort. With only 5 cars in back parking lot and about 12 in front, no way was that hotel near booked. In the room, I noticed the floor was dirty and when I went to the bathroom, I noticed a washcloth on the shower rod that was previous guest. It had what looked like dried blood on it. I was annoyed but more exhausted. We fell asleep within 2 hours of getting there. When I woke, I noticed the toilet barely flushed. I then saw how dirty the room really was. The mattress cover had what looked like bed bug stains on it and the white comforter was actually yellow and had dried blood all over it. When I went to shower, the water came out rusty. I went to check out early and asked for the manager. The agent at the front desk did not apologize but instead was rude. When my wife went to the agent, she was offered $10 NOT to contact the manager. Are you kidding me??? The room was filthy and we were lead to believe the place was booked. First of all, we were lied to about occupancy. Secondly, the room was disgusting. We took pics of how dirty it was and of the stains. We sent them to corporate. Thirdly, they advertise a bar/restaurant online but again, closed! And lastly, we were bribed basically not to contact the manager. This place has changed names and I know why. This place is a disaster. These people should not be running a hotel. Stay away from the Quality Pocono on Route 940.

Room Tip: no good rooms here...they have a Quality Inn banner but not standards. They never updated the rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anthony S

We sincerely apologize for failing live up to your expectations. We want to assure you that your comments will be addressed, as we put utmost importance on guest satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Harmony
The Village at Pocono
#1 of 1 in Long Pond
6 mi away
Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono

Been to Pocono Resort Conference Center? Share your experiences!