“Pricey, but worth it”

Split Rock Resort Indoor Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: H2Oooohh Indoor Water Park is complete with 2 tube slides, a raft slide, 2 body slides, wave pool, lily pad crossing, in-water basketball, 2 hot tubs, snack bar, adult bar, and flow rider surf machine! No hotel room required; walk-ins are welcome! Grab your towel and come enjoy 84 degrees of fun!
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a great time, the place was immaculate, the food was decent and there was adequate seating.

1  Thank O&Msmom
in 10 reviews
"kids love"
"year olds"

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Upon arrival to the "resort", the decor and the hotel itself were VERY jaded and pretty much stuck in the 70s time zone. Checking "iN" into the hotel was not the best. I noticed the staff was keeping paper trails versus everything in the computer system. The lines were long due to this. We were also not allowed to store our luggage in the hotel before check in and was told to put all my luggages back into the car. It was harder since we have 2 young children and we had tons of stuff.

The other cons were:

1) We had to provide our own towels at the waterpark.
2) There were very limited seatings with tables and chairs inside the waterpark.
3) The pools were not sufficiently clean... we had witnessed poop left in the water in the kiddie pool and a girl that threw up on the premises by the pools. Both took a LONG time (approximately 30 mins) for the staff to clean even though we had alerted the them about it.
4) My hotel room was very spacious but very very outdated (decor). We were in the "VIP" Galleria section and the hallways reminded me a bit of the hotel in the movie, "The Shining".

The Pro's:
1) The staff in the pizzeria in the main lobby were super friendly and very helpful. They had microwaved my baby's food for me a couple of times.
2) Our room was pretty clean.

We had only stayed 1 night and that was enough for us. Would we go back to this resort again? Most likely not. If you are going here, please don't have too high of an expectation.

1  Thank MzHui21
Luke B, Manager at Split Rock Resort Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for visiting Split Rock Resort and Indoor Water Park.

I will share your comments regarding check-in with our hotel management staff and work on ways to improve the service and décor.

Complimentary towels are provided for our overnight guests in the rooms and at the 2 indoor swimming pools. There are no towels provided at the water park, however, as it is a public venue.

Seating within the water park is available on a first-come-first-served basis and can become scarce during busy holiday periods. The week during your stay is one of the busiest weeks during the spring season.

I apologize that you had to witness other guests’ poor sanitation practices. On the date of your stay there were two spills reported. Both were properly responded to and sanitized within ten minutes. I personally arrived to one of the instances you are describing and I can verify the accuracy of those response times. I also reviewed the chemical treatment logs for the date of your visit and found that every body of water met local, state, and federal health guidelines.

I am sorry your expectations were not met during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Split Rock Lodge and enjoyed the indoor water park for my sons' 5th birthday. Our 3 kids ages 6, 5 and 2 had a blast, there was enough excitement to keep everyone happy and occupied for the entire day! My husband and I had a blast on the wave machine and the water slides were so fun! They did have food available to purchase and we did, it was pricey and not very good, exactly what you would expect at an attraction like this, next time we would bring our own lunch. Overall it was a great overnight trip with the kiddies!

1  Thank Liz N
Reviewed March 30, 2012

It was very expensive but it was something different to do in the middle of the winter. Its not as big as I expected. 3 water slides. Small wave pool that doesnt get very deap at all. Plenty of loungers. Pack a lunch because that is very expensive there as well and the food isnt good at all!! We went on a weekday and it was pretty empty which was good. The pools and slides are kept pretty clean. Small lockers we had to pay for two of them.
Would I take the kids again no, unless I had some coupons wasn't worth the money at all.

1  Thank Jessica714
See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We went to the water park on a Saturday in March. Parking lot was full due to a gun show going on in the resort, but we still found a parking spot near by. Water park was not too crowded early on, but was a little more busy later on in the day.

The water park was good size for my 7 and 4 year old. Older kids may get bored, though the Flow Rider (surfing) was very popular with older kids. Lots of people gathered around just to watch people wipe out.

Family tube slide was nice that all 4 of us could go down it together. My 7 year old was scared at first, but loved it and wanted to go on it again. Early on there were no lines, but early afternoon the lines were a little longer but not too bad. My kids also liked the wave pool - one of their favorites.

The place was nice and clean. Staff was friendly. At first they seemed a little under staffed with the life guards, but more came later in the day. Also some of the life guards seemed to get distracted talking to each other. But overall I felt comfortable with the water safety. Great Wolf seemed better in this department though.

Food was good, lockers were easy to use and they provide life jackets if you need one.

I would say the only thing I didn't like was the price. $40/ per person seemed a bit high.

1  Thank PiscoMatt