“Wonderful Quiet Retreat”
other travelers have booked this property
Deer Lake ( where free usage of non motorized boats are )
Deer Lake ( not the property where house is )
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Deer Lake ( where free usage of non motorized boats are )
Deer Lake ( not the property where house is )
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Oyster Bay, New York
“Wonderful Quiet Retreat”
Reviewed February 18, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

The owners are gracious and extremely helpful. This place is a hidden gem amongst a busy hectic world. I can't wait to come back! Thank you so much for providing us a much needed relaxing get a way :)

Adventure...
“Christmas Weekend”
Reviewed January 6, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

My Honey and I enjoyed your cozy cottage with our 2 dogs over Christmas weekend and had the most relaxing Holiday ever!!!!Just enjoyed relaxing by the fireplace . Seen 2 deer when we took our puppies out. Enjoyed the peace and quiet!

FellowTra...
“Cozy Cottage in the Woods”
Reviewed July 19, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a fabulous family vacation staying at Gail and George's Cozy Cottage in the Woods!
We easily fit seven family members comfortably.
The atmosphere and peacefulness of the place was exactly what we were looking for.
We had dinner out on the deck and grilled on the BBQ grill for most of our dinners. (We also toasted marshmellows at the firepit)
The lake was right down the street and around the corner(Beaver Lake), which we all enjoyed as there was a place to swim with a beach and my husband and brother and Son were able to fish in the non swim area.
Wildlife was abundant, with frequent visits from the local deer and chipmunks!
If your in need of groceries it's very close by and so is a Dunkin Donuts for die hard coffee fans.
Gail and George also offer guests the use of their boats at Deer Lake which my Son and Nephew and his girlfriend took advantage of and enjoyed!
Everything to enjoy the local amenities were provided for via car passes and tags to use the local pools, lakes, etc...
Cannot say enough good things about our stay. We had a blast and would definitely return (for a longer period of time)!
Thank you Gail for answering all my questions and thank you George for showing my Son and Nephew where to get the life jackets and boats, they had such a good time!
(Picture of me and my Sister in Law floating our cares away in Beaver Lake)

Lindsay W
“Great, Relaxing Trip”
Reviewed July 11, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the cabin for our honeymoon and it was great. It was very relaxing. We enjoyed all the wildlife and going fishing. The cabin had everything we needed to make the stay great! And we would definitely go back in the future and take the family, there is definitely plenty of room in the cabin.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mark S
“I will come back!”
Reviewed May 16, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

It was a great stay at the cottage. The information left for us in the cottage was great. The amount of dishes and other utensils really made it an easy stay! You can pack your bags and come to this great cottage and enjoy the time. Great amount of space, beds and linens.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
May 17, 2016
Thank you Mark for staying at the cozy cottage and I hope you made lasting and good memories!
Vacation6...
“Cozy cottage”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I would come bk again Gail was so wonderful the place was so nice everything was there that u needed I would dif tell. Ppl to this place was nice. Cozy as it says.

Tamara Z
“Amazing Getaway”
Reviewed October 29, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Gail and George place was a gem in Lake Ariel, PA. This community is a prime location to celebrate the beauty of this world in every way. I came to celebrate my birthday and my family had a great time even my small Westie. The home is extremely comfortable. It is fully equipped, with all your needs and more. The kitchen is fully stocked with all your needs, there is wifi, Netflix and plenty of board games. More than enough room to sleep more than 5 people comfortably. The fireplace was amazing.

The only downside is, that the store is 20 minutes away. So try not to forget a thing. In the community, we were able to enjoy Deer Lake, and get on the paddle boat. I love finding the place, watching the many deer, turkeys and chipmunks along the way. Sooo drive with caution! We eventually ventured to Lake Wallenpaupack, and it looked like something out of a fairy tale.

Gail and George binder gave great suggestions, for things to do during this trip. We went horseback riding & to the shooting range. The horseback riding was only 10 minutes away, it was called Happy Trails. That was an authentic ride. Anywhos, I had a amazing stay, and an amazing experience worth a lifetime of memories.

Thank you for sharing your home.

Much Love,

Tamara & Family.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing