“Great location”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Ariel
Sedona, Arizona
“Great location”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We had a family emergency that caused us to need to find a hotel near Scranton. Having traveled by this hotel many times, I selected it because of its' looks. As it turns out, it was race weekend and hotels closer to our destination were either booked or outrageously priced. After booking one room online, I decided to call the hotel directly to see if they could better the rate. When I told them why we needed the room, they gave us a better rate. During the course of the day I needed to book two more rooms. Each time I called the hotel they were very pleasant and helpful to deal with. The hotel itself is very close to the highway as well as close to nearby attractions. Although there is a truck stop right outside the property, we never heard any noise from either the trucks or the highway. The front desk was extremely helpful on check-in and told us about nearby restaurants, especially their desserts.
The rooms were very large and clean, but the bathrooms are tiny. Despite the fact that there were two wedding parties at the hotel, our floor was very quiet. The breakfast was more than adequate for us. I did not see a pool. so I do not know if they have one. The only drawback might be that there is no elevator.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the size of the bathrooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank jpad108

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2007

We were driving home from Maine to Florida and decided to just "fly by the seat of our pants" as far as motels were concerned. We made no reservations in advance and planned to stop when the spirit moved us to. Thanks to a faux pas in the AAA triptik (long story I won't go into) we found ourselves at exit 17 on I84 and this wonderful Comfort Inn!!!
The staff was absolutely wonderful. Very friendly, welcoming and eager to please. Our room was every bit as good as a 4+ star property! I also need to mention that we have 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis. And I have found in some properties they tend to give pet owners a room that is a little less than 100% clean (if you know what I mean) But that was not the case here!!! Our room was extremely clean, fresh, lots of towels, the bed was soooooo comfortable the sheets crisp and fresh, blanket and spread looked new and stacked with 4 pillows. Ahhhhhh ..... "comfort" Inn...... Absolutely!!!
The continental breakfast was great! Lots of items to chose from, and delicious hot coffee!! It was well stocked and very clean!!!

• Liked — Overall extreme cleanliness of the room!
  • Disliked — If I'm hardpressed to give a drawback.... it was a little cumbersome getting through several doors leading into the room corridors with the dogs.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sverige52
Maryland
Reviewed July 30, 2007

The rooms were average, smelly, and overpriced. Don't bother using the "Rest Stop" Coupon. If you want an overnight stay there are other Hotels in the area that are around $70-$80 a night. This one ended up charging us $156.00 for one night.

• Liked — The continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Being overcharged for an average room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Rob2069
Lake Ariel Traveler
Reviewed May 27, 2007

The front desk staff were helpful, flexible and friendly. Proximity to I-84 and the restaurant next door are difinate assets for this location. There is ample parking and the spaces are large enough to accomodate larger vehicles. The condition of the room was somewhat less than expectations, considering the cost per night. There was a distict odor in the room, indicative of prolonged moisture permeating the structure? There was dust on all furniture and appliances and the countertop in the bathroom was dirty. There was debris on the carpeting by the nighstand. After using the coffeemaker in the room I looked inside the reservoir to see a buildup of residue on the inside. I experienced some digestive issues starting the day after my stay though I can not state positively it was associated with the coffeemaker. Lesson learned: check the appliance for sanitary conditions before use! I found it annoying that the housekeeping staff decided to clean the room next to mine at 10:00 p.m. The walls are thin so all banging and the noise from the vacuum cleaner were very pronounced. Given this is the only accomodation in the area, it is unfortunate that in weighing the pluses and minuses, I would not stay here again nor recommend this location to friends.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank airacre
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 14, 2007

We've stayed here twice & each time had a lovely stay! The rooms are clean & the staff is attentive. The free breakfast is nice & there's a local favorite Mom & Pop restaurant right next door. Great food! Highly recommend this hotel & will definitely be staying here again in the near future! The location has easy highway access but is set back & has lovely grounds.

Stayed July 2006
7 Thank zom00
PA
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We had to visit this area for a funeral, unfortunately, but the staff made our stay easier, given the circumstances of our stay. The room was very clean and well kept. The breakfast in the morning was unbelievable and the hostess was very helpful. We will return to this hotel under happier circumstances and check out Lake Wallenpaupack.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no elevators
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank Van G
pa
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Hamlin PA while attending a wedding reception at Lake Wallenpaupack. While our room was supposed to an upgraded, deluxe king room, all we got for our "delux" was a king size bed. Upon entering, the room was hot and smelled like moth balls. The shower was a bit dirty and the handles had some mold. The air conditioner worked but went off and on periodically according to the room temp. It was really loud and scared the crap out of me during the night!

• Liked — we didn't have to drive home after the wedding
  • Disliked — smelled like moth balls
  • Tips/Secrets — stay at Ehrhardts
#4 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region? Share your experiences!