“Great Atmosphere”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Perkasie, PA
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We just had a great dinner at the Hart's Tavern. We spent the evening wandering around Peddler's Village on a cold Saturday evening and decided on the Hart's Tavern because of the amazing corn chowder.

We had to wait approximately 30 min, the line was out the door but it was well worth it.

Food was excellent. Burgers cooked to perfection, soup hot and creamy and great service.

We love Hart's Tavern and would definitely return and recommend it to a friend.

• Visited December 2013

pennsylvania
“Don't order the corned beef special! It's nothing special.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you read the review from December 12th, 2012 the review was right on target. I got the corned beef special. The rye bread was awful, dry and tasteless. (stale)There was no coleslaw on the sandwich and very little if any dressing either. Our waiter was accommodating and tried to fix what the cook should have gotten right in the first place. There were two other couples in the entire tavern along with us so there is no excuse for this. They were not busy. It's just a sandwich. How in the world do you screw that up. What got me even more upset was the price, almost $10.00. For a sandwich and chips! That being said, I have been there before and had good food. Don't know what happened today.

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia
“Good bar food, generous portions”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you can make it past the line and frenzied hostess, it's an enjoyable experience. Typical bar fare on the menu. THE BEST FRENCH ONION SOUP ANYWHERE! Nachos are worth the calories. Sandwiches and burgers also good. Portion are generous. Food doesn't take long from order to table. We usually sit at the bar so we don't have to wait in the line. There are a few bartenders...one all business and hardly smiles, the others friendly but not always watching the customer's drinks. Our most recent trip I had the warm apple cider with a shot of maple whiskey....yum!

• Visited November 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Eh, OK.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice looking joint, lots of tables. Speed was about average, altho servers were running around like crazy. I like burgers, so I got the pesto burger, asked them to hold the onion. Burger came out with all the toppings on the side like some places do, but it had the nice red onion lumped in with my lettuce and tomato. So, not only did I get a nice strong red onion, but I also got nice strong red onion juices on my lettuce and tomato, which I did want on my burger. Now I'm stuck with a bun (which was good), a burger, a decent sized slice of provolone, about 5 small stringy red peppers, and about a heaping teaspoon of pesto sitting on the middle of my burger. I don't expect a red pepper & pesto salad, but I got a teensy tiny bite of red pepper in maybe half of my bites, and I managed to spread the pesto on about a quarter of the top half of my bun, so I couldn't taste that at all. Ended up just putting catsup on it so I had something besides meat & bread for lunch. On the other hand, fries were excellent and bountiful. They were just the kind I like - crunch with little crunchy bits all over the outside. When I visit again (we go once a year) I will get something else.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia
“Good place for light fare”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice surroundings with good service. Menu has variety of sandwiches, salads, and entrees. Good bar area, too.

Visited October 2013