“Nice stay”

Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lahaska
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Golden Plough Inn. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. The room was a bit dated but comfortable. I made my reservation online and needed two beds but only got one queen. They did give us an extra day bed which was comfortable. If you need two beds make sure you state that online. Breakfast at Buttonwood Grill was included each morning. It was very good and had a great selection. I would stay here again.
However the Murder Mystery Dinner at the Cock & Bull restaurant was a total disapointment. It was over priced and poorly done. My entire table was ready to leave before desert. I will not sing up to do that again.
The wine tasting tour was fabulous!

Room Tip: If you want two beds make sure you note that online when making reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank J C

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've stayed at the Golden Plough three times and it never disappoints. You get a free bottle of wine, a voucher for a free breakfast and a buy one get one free dinner at the Buttonwood Grill or The Cock and Bull Restaurant. They also give you a coupon booklet to use at some of the shops in Peddler's Village. In the rooms there is a welcome basket, a mini fridge with two bottles of water and a coffee maker. I've stayed three different buildings and all were beautifully furnished and the decor was cozy. it is a romantic spot. All the rooms I've stayed in have been fairly large in size, very clean and have two sinks. I found the beds to be comfortable. The front desk staff are pleasant. It can be a little pricey but is well worth the money,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mich B
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have stayed here twice this summer and loved it! New Hope is right down the road and parking is reserved for each guest outside of their room. It is quiet at night (the shops are closed) and our rooms were very spacious and quaint. We got a room with the fireplace and king bed each time (I think rooms 106 & 103 were the ones we stayed in). We were offered an "upgrade" on our second visit, but didn't like the room at all so we declined. The beds were too soft and lumpy for our tastes, but the rest of the room (& bathroom) were nice. The breakfast included in the special at their Buttonwood grill was outstanding (order from the menu - not continental) and the free bottle of wine was a nice touch, We will return again, but will ask to see the room first if we stay in another category. BTW, the staff was pleasant and accomodating. Cute place for couples to visit.

Room Tip: The rooms in the "100 building" were very nice.....not sure about the higher categories.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We held our family reunion this past weekend there.I found the rooms quite roomy.Even though our family was spread out all over the complex we were still able to keep up with each other. My husband and I had a king size room with a canopy bed and fireplace, very romantic. My only complaint my sister had to pay extra $30.00 bucks for her son to be in her double room with her and my mother for a continental breakfast. And we all know what a continental breakfast include.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nanatravel57
Reviewed May 24, 2013

First let me say that the night manager Bob was GREAT!! It was a girl’s weekend. We checked in, unpacked, turned the air on & went out shopping. When we returned after dinner, the air conditioner was not working. We opened the windows & there were no screens in the window, so that was not an option for the night. We called Bob & he came right up to check that the air conditioner was not frozen up. Bob told that he would move us to another room & he helped us move. We got to the second room around 8:00. We unpacked again. When we flushed the toilet it wouldn’t flush. When we opened the tank & flushed it that way, the back tank leaked about 2 cups of water. We called Bob again. He said that there was no maintenance on duty, but he would call one. After about 45 minutes we called again & were told that it shouldn’t be too much longer. We asked about moving a third time & were told that we would have to move to another building in the Village. We decided to wait it out. The toilet finally got fixed around 10:00. When we went to brush our teeth we discovered that the sink leaked on the floor. Luckily there were 2 sinks in the room, so we just used the other sink. Other issues were no coffee pot in the room, which I know we could have called about, but I think that it just speaks to the lack of care of the rooms! The bathroom vent was hanging down. The luggage racks were very wobbly & 1 of the chairs was broken & this room had no screens in the windows either. I understand that the rooms were to look old, but they were in need of some TLC. At over $200.00 per night, I expected more. The rooms were clean, the Buttonwood Grill attached to the Inn had great food & we really liked the breakfast that was included, especially being able to order off the menu. When we checked out on Sun, the person in front of us was also complaining about problems with his room. They did take $100.00 off of the 2 night stay, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Boatsea
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the "pub" rooms above the restaurant. It was quaint and romantic. We really enjoyed ourselves. I would recommend this hotel for any of my friends or family! The bed was comfortable and our window had a window seat that we sat in and people watched!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Celebrated my friends birthday with shopping at Peddlers Village and a stay at the Golden Plough Inn. The room was pleasant and quite roomy for three people. The only problem we found was the parking as they allow only one space per room. Otherwise it was nice and very quaint in fitting with the village.

Room Tip: Our room was spacious but the entrance to the Inn itself was very confusing, eventually found my way...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maril K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaska
The Lambertville House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lambertville
The Brick Hotel
The Brick Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtown

Been to Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village? Share your experiences!