“Total Humiliation”

The Cock 'n Bull Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cock 'n Bull Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Lahaska
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Street Road
Description: Located in Peddler’s Village, the Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant has been serving signature American classics like Chicken Pot Pye and Beef Burgundy for over five decades. Favorites such as Prime Rib, Salmon, and Swordfish are also offered on the menu. Dining rooms are richly appointed with Colonial-style embellishments, along with the Jamison Family’s private collection of folk art and antiques. The perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. Sunday mornings, a bountiful Brunch buffet awaits. Murder Mystery Theater each weekend includes a three course meal and the show!!! Cock n Bull as well features a large Banquet facility, weddings taking place each weekend by the Village Gazebo and the meal served and prepared by our experienced a friendly staff. by our
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have taken my family to dinner here every year for Christmas time for years but last Christmas ended our tradition. We usually have a party of 6 and the service was mediocre,very slow, food was slightly cold which we could overlook because it is tradition but the last straw was after paying a $200+ bill we left the restaurant amid lots of other folks enjoying the lights and suddenly our server comes running after us yelling hey did you not leave me a tip. Of course everyone stopped and stared at us. Well of course had we left a tip and a nice one at that. But the embarrassment of having a server running after us outside and yelling this for all to hear and in front of my family was too much! I called Peddler's Village to let them know this had happened and to my surprise no one even returned a courtesy call. Apparently they are not hard up for our business. Completely disgusted.

3  Thank snoozle33
There are newer reviews for The Cock 'n Bull Restaurant

Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you only dine here once a year make sure it is around Christmas. What a beautiful view of the lights of Peddler's Village. The prices are really good. The service is really good and the food is really good. Make sure that you make a reservation as it can get really busy and don't forget to request a window seat..

1  Thank jojoruss
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Long wait after being seated for basics like water or a drink order. Wait staff not very professional and clearly no supervision. It was such a turnoff we left.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at the Cock n' Bull while staying at the Golden Plough Inn over the Grand Illumination Weekend. We sat in a dining room with large windows that gave us a wonderful view of the sparkling, colorful lights out in the courtyard of Peddler's Village! A+ for atmosphere!
The dinner was satisfactory but not as great as I had expected. My husband got the monkfish special which he really liked so all was well with that. I got the stuffed shrimp which I thought was tasty but it wasn't really stuffed; it was more like grilled shrimp with crabmeat stuffing sitting on top and the amount of stuffing on each shrimp was pretty small. The shrimp were on the small side as well. I thought the shrimp were going to be much bigger, especially for the price. The rice was extremely bland! I had to put butter all over it to give it some flavor.
Our salads were good due to the tasty salad dressing, but the salad itself was nothing to rave about. The dinner rolls and butter helped me feel more satisfied.
Overall it was a satisfactory dining experience. We will definitely eat there again, but I will try something different next time.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have always enjoyed this restaurant with friends. The service is wonderful. Unfortunately, the food was not up to par. Standards like the pot pie did not seem the same. Our friend who had prime rib was very disappointed as it was fatty, however the restaurant took it off the bill. The chicken Florentine was a wow. The desserts were fabulous. I would definitely go back and hope that it was an off night.