“Too Loud!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Avondale, Pennsylvania
“Too Loud!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food was ok but not worth the $120 final bill for the two of us. We ate in the upstairs dining room - the acoustics were terrible... we could hardly hear each other talk and we ended up rushing through dinner just so we could leave.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Eva Y

“My favorite place to go get a french onion soup and a burger or sandwich.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love this restaurant! It has by far my most favorite french onion soup. I have had many cups of french onion soup and none can match this flavor bursting cup of soup! I also love their buffalo chicken sandwich and all their burgers are delicious. There a two areas, dinning room upstairs overlooking a beautiful valley and the bar area with more of a pub feel. If anyone is looking for a great , local place with decently priced food. The Porterhouse is the place to go!!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“BLACK & BLUE BURGER”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I first went to the Porterhouse 10 years ago, and used to be a "regular". Over the years I've gone less frequently, as Doylestown in closer and has so many restaurants. I just went back to the Porterhouse, and the food was just as good as my first visit!!!! I love the black and blue burger - it is the best burger I've had. Of course, I ended up ordering it again, and was not disappointed. The food and service is always good, and Lisa always asks us how we are. I will go more often, as the food and value are worth 5 more minutes in the car.

1 Thank Dtownkim
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“A mess...”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My spouse and I had dinner there the evening of February 16th and it was a mess. We stopped in for a "quick" and "lite-dinner". We ordered an appetizer and two salads and two drinks (Sodas). From the time we ordered the time we received the appetizer was in excess of 35 minutes. The salads arrived approximately 10-15 minutes after that. Drink refills? Perish the thought. Our wait person was in some sort of stealth mode, as we had great difficulty in fidning her. Further, any explanation beyond - when the appetizer arrived - a curt, "they're backed up in the kitchen" was missing. From watching other diners around us, the kitchen was indeed backed up.

We've been there before and usually it is better but not great by an stretch. They need to get their kitchen problems worked out. Better option may well be Button Wood Grill across 202.

2 Thank JCTTXAG
Point Pleasant, PA
“Expecting average...got WOW”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We never go out on Valentines Day, poor service, over priced "romantic" food, kitchen too busy to care, nah, rather stay home. This year since we were going to a concert (Mary Fahl) at the New Hope Winery, we decided to eat out too.
We are locals but never ate here, saw the reviews and figured if we went with no expectations, we would be fine. Called, made reservations, done.
The staff was attentive and flat out awesome. Glasses never empty, plates cleared, even waitresses that were not ours filled our drinks, they truly worked as a team.
We started with the chicken corn fritters, great. We "upgraded" the soup to french onion, also great. My hubby ordered the prime rib, I was going to order the Delmonico because it came topped with "tobacco onions" thin sliced deep fried goodness but the waitress said we could get them on the prime rib so we both got the same thing. When the entrees came out, holy moly we were impressed. The meat was cooked to perfection, looked ALOT bigger than 16oz and under all that meat and fried onions was a big baked potato! I was all in at the first bite, pure heaven. You didn't even really need a knife to cut it, that tender. We didn't finish it, brought it home and never made it to dessert.
It was a great meal to start a great night. We had no expectations and we were blown away by the food, service and the kitchen's ability to keep courses flowing on a VERY busy night.
Be warned though, their parking lot fills up fast so be prepared to park elsewhere and risk life and limb walking on the road to get in.
Can't wait to go back for lunch, the burgers look amazing!
Try them. If your a vegan, limited options, but if you like and beer and steak, this place is for you!

1 Thank bobnjeni