Tripadvisor

Reviewed January 7, 2020
Agh2201953
Cape May County, New Jersey
via mobile

All reviews unique shops christmas lights clothing stores walk around great shopping cock and bull holiday season day trip great place to shop lots of shops shopping area christmas shopping scarecrow festival apple festival special events holiday lights window shop
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

The shops here are nice and many sell items that are unique but also somewhat over-priced. There are restaurants and little cafes throughout. The Village frequently has activities on the weekend and can be quite crowded then.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

The main reason my husband and I went there wasI always wanted to see a Gingerbread House display and there was one there! The weather forcast was also mild ,so that helped us to go ,also! The village is pretty big,with lots of shops and eateries.We arrived about 3.30 so did not have to wait too long for lights to pop on! The only thing we did not like was allowing dogs there,it was so crowded with people and kids so dogs made walking around a little more difficult! The sidewalks are somewhat uneven so you had to watch your footing and all the dogs made it a little more of an issue,other than that we had a great time,there is plenty of parking lots all around village,all in all very nice!

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Well let me say this place has small stores, lots of overpriced stuff, some of it unique most of it not. Christmas lights pretty though. Was treated the worst I have been treated in any store ever!!!! I have traveled all over NJ, NYC, and our country shopping in some very high end stores. Boutiques Madison Ave, Malibu, La Jolla, etc. I have never been treated like this before!!!!! Store named Crush. Went in looked around. My daughter thought she would try on a dress. Would have bought it for her if she liked it for prom. I sat on the couch and store associate came over and made me get up so he could “fix” the pillows. I said “Am I in the way and he said “Sort of.” WOW couldn’t believe it!! Then my daughter was about to try on the dress and another store associate came over to us and said “If you’re not going to buy anything get out of this store.” WOW again. This place I guess is only going to sell merchandise to whom they deem worthy of their store. I guess this is based on what someone looks like. Who is that going to be? Well if this store keeps treating people this way they may find themselves in a very difficult position. I’m from NJ and there is similar place to this called Smithville. I’ll keep shopping there. People are friendlier, stores have more interesting things, and not as crowded.

Date of experience: December 2019
Christine T, Public Relations Manager at Peddler's Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you for visiting Peddler's Village. We are very sorry to hear about your experience in the shop and will share this information with the shop owner/management. We strive to provide a satisfying and enjoyable experience to all of our guests and are always very disappointed when we hear that is not achieved. Most guests find our shops and boutiques particularly warm and inviting, as most are locally owned and the Village culture is friendly and welcoming. We do hope you will return to the Village sometime soon and that you will have a better experience!

Reviewed January 2, 2020

We came here for a last minute getaway for New Year's. We drove 7 hours each way for a 2 night visit but it was totally worth it. The Christmas lights are spectacular. There is also a really good mix of shops in a very charming setting. I especially liked that the entire village is part of the property so we could walk around with a drink. The hours on New Year's Eve were shortened quite a bit with most shops closing at 4 pm instead of 9 pm. The one merchant I feel is missing is a quick service spot for breakfast, I believe there used to be a coffee shop which would have fit the bill but it is now closed.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

This is a shoppers paradise. There were a couple chain style stores but there were many many unique shops. You can find almost anything here from food to clothing to housewares. There are art shops, children's clothing and toys, and cooking shops. It is a quaint village style area with walking paths and open green spaces. There are a couple restaurants and a couple cafes as well. You can also get beer and other spirits here too. We were here at Christmas and the place was decorated beautifully.