“TO MUCH GARLIC”

Cuisines: Pizza
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“TO MUCH GARLIC”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife saw all the people raving about the garlic knots on yelp, so we decided to try this place out while in the area. It was a Friday night around 7 pm; we had a 30 min wait. While waiting the smell of garlic in the air was great. The place was very small and the tables were tight. We felt like the people in the table next to us were with us, we had to talk loud just to communicate across the table. The staff was very friendly and the service was good. My wife and I both love garlic and could not wait to get the knots. We finally got them fresh out of the oven and we couldn’t even eat them without scraping the pounds of garlic off of them. It was some of the strongest garlic I have ever eaten, I am pretty sure I got garlic burns on my lips. The food came which consisted of chicken parm and alfredo. This food was average Italian at best with the sauce being very bland and the alfredo overpowered once again with garlic. I have no problem waiting for good food, but this is just not that good.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank bjplmp

South Florida, Florida
“Yummy Italian Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The menu was large and filled with typical Italian dishes. We ordered 2 appetizers which were excellent: crab stuffed mushrooms with a sherry cream sauce - awesome, and roasted peppers with olives and aged provolone cheese - really good too! Our entrees were excellent and the portions were large. Loved that it was BYOB!

Visited September 2013
Solebury, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food, but...”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have eaten here several times and the food is delicious. There is something for everyone given the large menu and daily specials. Where things drop off a bit is with atmosphere and service. The restaurant is located in old strip mall so it's easy to miss. Inside is quaint. My biggest issue is the flies. They are constantly around you making for a irritating experience. Service can be uneven.

Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

From the Boot is very near my home and I've eaten here a number of times. I've never been let down by the quality or quantity of food served. I've had basic dishes (spaghetti, lasagna, florentine-varieties, etc.) as well as some more unusual dishes. The garlic bread served while you wait for your entree is amazing! If you like good Italian soul food, stop in -- you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Basic, But Very Good, Italian Food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was a Monday but it felt like a Friday. For some reason, Soul Mate and I just didn’t feel like cooking (even though I had just picked up some fresh Jersey corn and tomatoes). So, we decided to get some Italian comfort food – and off to From The Boot we went.

This is a nice little BYOB not far from Philly. The dishes are fairly simple but consistent in quality. We started with an eggplant rollatini. The ingredients were very fresh – we could have used a little more tomato sauce on the dish. For my main course, I had the veal parm. Again, could have used more sauce. The veal was nicely breaded – not too much. Veal was tender (must have been pounded). And the pasta was cooked just right.

Soul Mate had a salad and a side of meatballs (while nibbling on my veal). The side of meatballs came in very handy – I had the extra sauce needed for the veal after all!
The meatballs were good – not overly breaded. Salad was fresh.

Service was attentive. I give From The Boot and overall 4 rating because you can’t do ratings in between numbers. It would probably fall more like a 3.5 but because it is so steady and the people are nice, I bumped it up rather than lowered it.

• Visited August 2013