“Great Beer & Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer & Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The beer selection is amazing (my husband said so), even though I don't drink beer. The food was very good. Comfort foods, and very different menu than the typical pub fare. The mushroom gratin was awesome, with lots of fresh mushrooms, diced vegetables in a savory sauce and topped with cheese. I do wish the menu had descriptions of the food instead of just ingredient lists. I had to ask Dominique our server about 6 questions to determine what I wanted to order. She was patient and kind, and just attentive enough. One food server handed me my plates over the table instead of walking around to serve me, which I did not appreciate especially because I have a bad wrist. All our meals were very good,except the pecan chocolate pie is was way too hard and I could have broken a tooth trying to eat it.

• Visited January 2014

Collegeville, PA
“Worth Another Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

As noted, this is the old General Lafayette Inn. They’ve spruced up the exterior and, on appearance, was more inviting. Went in for a family dinner in the main dining room and enjoyed our table next to the fireplace. Had terrific pub burgers but did not sample any of the premises-brewed beer. They accommodated my youngest with a not-on-the-menu grilled cheese. Nice, “pub-y” atmosphere (did Not smell like a beer hall). Very good service. One Warning: The new owner allows his mild-mannered, white German Shepherd to roam around which might be a bit surprising to unwary diners!

• Visited January 2014
PHILADELPHIA
“Great and Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is old world charm at it's best. Tavern style; great selection of beer, full bar, pub grub, t.v.'s all around to watch your favorite games. There are also rooms for a more intimate or family meal.
Their beer flights present a great selection of various tastes and the food was fine. We personally feel that this establishment will be as successful, if not more so, than the original General Lafayette Inn.

• Visited November 2013