“My go-to place when I'm back at home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Persian Grill
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Families with children
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
“My go-to place when I'm back at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I grew up just down the street, and though I've moved away from the area, I have been eating here (usually take out) for nearly 10 years every time I go back to visit my parents. I crave this food when I'm away, and it's the first place I go when I'm back - though I'm not back often enough! I think in all of those years I've only had 1 somewhat disappointing meal where the food seemed a bit off. This happens, though, when restaurants are training new staff, and generally it's consistently very good. The staff are always very friendly and attentive. I'd eat there much more often if I still lived in the area. Some reviews complain that's it gotten pricey. It's surely more expensive than the storefront pizza/fast food places in the area, but for informal sit-down restaurant fare, I think the prices are pretty standard.

• Visited January 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Persian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were a party of 5 with a reservation on a Friday night...and seated immediately. Water & hot tea were served shortly after being requested. The food was delicious. The service was very good.

• Visited March 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“refreshing change of pace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's Saturday; I'm not going to go Italian (again), and my wife says Thai food three times in a week is too much....what to do? Persian Grille is what!
We both recall having had a so-so meal here years ago, but despite the trepidation, we went without reservations - in both meanings. The place was more than half filled at 6:45, but we were seated at once, and the service was prompt without being intrusive. Wine by the glass is available at normal prices, around $6-7 a glass(no BYOB, sorry). Hummus appetizer was very tasty, with nice texture and plenty of pita to dip it. My chicken fesenjoon was served with a HUGE plate of rice, and the wife's sabzi polo mahi (grilled salmon) was declared delicious. Baklava for dessert was different than I am accustomed to but quite tasty - more pistachio, i think and far less honey than others I have eaten.
Although the noise level was high, it was far better than some bars where we have eaten lately; at least here we could carry on a conversation without being drowned by a jukebox.
Service throughout the meal was attentive but not pushy. And at around $70 for two dinners with wine, I'd call it quite reasonable, not pricey. We will be going back - and sooner this time.

• Visited September 2012
Philadelphia
“Always a great meal and good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been living in the area for over 10 years. The Persian Grill is always a spot I like to go if wanting something a little different or on the healthier side or just looking for a Great meal. Bimal and the entire Staff is always so friendly and makes it just an enjoyable time for lunch or dinner.

• Visited June 2012
Beautiful Blue Bell, PA
“It's gone downhill over the past 6 months . . .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

The restaurant was half empty, yet it took a full ten minutes for a service person to realize that we were seated, but never given menus. Waiter asked a number of times if we would like an alcoholic drink - we declined, and asked for water. Throughout the meal, we had to ask for water glasses to be filled, or for dirty dishes to be removed. The table was permanently stained, and the bench seat had a large tear in the center of the seat. .
Our Hummus Appetizer was watery. The Zereschik Polo, a Cornish Hen with basmati rice, seasoning, and berries, was very pleasant, sweet, but not overpowering. Unfortunately, the Cornish Hen was about 1/2 hour overcooked and extremely dry and leathery. The Addas Polo, basmati rice mixed with lentils, raisins, dates and slivered almonds and served with a portion of lamb or veal shank, was tasty, but only 5 chunks of lamb. My companion left hungry.
We've been here before. The attentiveness of the service people and the quality of food has declined, and the prices have risen considerably. .

• Visited April 2012