“LOCAL DISAPPOINTMENT”
Review of Brittingham's

Brittingham's
Reserve with OpenTable
Brittingham's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Brittingham's mission is to create a place where guests stay long, enjoy fully, and leave reluctantly. To that end, we've built the restaurant we always wished for: A cozy pub at the heart of the community, offering classic American food with unexpected twists and global influences. A modern bar supplying an astounding array of craft beers and imports, unique whiskeys and bourbons, approachable wines by the bottle and glass, and innovative cocktails that give you a new angle on the evening. An innovative calendar of entertainment, from World Soccer to local live bands. And a warm, first-class staff that makes you feel welcome every minute you're here. Every delicious bite is made from scratch, using classic techniques and folding in flavors from around the world. We carefully choose products that are fresh, local, seasonal and delicious. Menus change with the seasons to take advantage of what's best and freshest right here and now. Even the tables were hand-built locally from reclaimed woods by craftsman John Duffy of Stable Tables. We excited to share the new Brittingham's with you. Come see us soon and often, and like our Facebook page to keep current with events, specials and changing menus. Sign up here for special email invitations, news and events. We are your pub and we would like to hear your thoughts.
pa
“LOCAL DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

As a local this place needed a makeover and BRAVO to the renovations and design BUT visited the restaurant during the first month of reopening It was winter time. My waitress was under the influence the food was good but pricey for the portion. Hoping my first experience was due to the new staff and hoping the kinks were worked out -- along with wanting to enjoy the outside area we tried again with 2 other couples The bar window was open to the outside fire going very nice atmosphere we ate inside BUT Smoke from the smokers on the deck comes bellowing in the open bar window. The staff does not enforce the smoking area! The food was average and pricey we did sit at the bar and the female bartender was very knowledgable.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank 25scarlet

Pennsylvania
“I'll give it a B-”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Really nice setting. Great outdoor seating area. Old time pub feel. Clean. Good sized menu. Outstanding service. Great beer special and drink selection. The food- somewhat disappointed. They have some unique items, like house pickles, and macaroni and cheese donuts which were good but the main dishes (burgers, cheesesteak, and fish) all came back over cooked and dry. I don't know if it was just a bad night but I could have stopped at the appetizers and been ok. I will try again and revise my review if better

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank RoyMcAvoy
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Just Fair”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently visited Brittingham's Pub because I wanted to see their new out door dining. That space was very nice but somewhat noisy due to street traffic . The roof top porch was not open the evening we were there and I wonder if that might have been quieter than sitting at street level. Service was very good but the menu was limited. The trout was over cooked and the vegetable curry was too spicy for anyone at our table to eat. The salads were just fair and the Gazpacho was passable. Don't think I will rush back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MollyE67
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
“Limited menu with average pub offerings”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

On the positive side i did a drop in with a group of ten and was seated immediately albeit a holiday weekend. The atmosphere is very nice and the service was outstanding. As an Irish pub , they do have a very broad beverage/beer selection. The food menu was pretty minimal pub grub, a handful of appetizers, entrees and sandwiches. We enjoyed a number of appetizers including the pickles, pretzels, wings and fries .... All were okay but not generous portions. Three from the group ordered the brisket, served with potato salad and green beans, and all three found it average. The ribs, with the same sides, had a great smokey flavor, lightly sauced and were pretty good although not quite as tender as I like. The burgers were a much smaller that I've seen at other similar style locations. Nothing special. The steak sandwich is average but for $12, disappointing. The highlight was the generous fish portion in the fish and chips platter. Guest said it was very good. We ended the meal with some desserts, including key lime pie, a chocolate fudge cakes. All were tasty but on the small side.

Overall, if I were going out for a few drinks and maybe a bite, this would be a good location. As a destination for dinner, It would not be at the top of the list.

Visited July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Two visits - left unsatisfied”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Three heels - average

Under new leadership, this 1743 remodeled tavern boast a spectacular outdoor area. With two new outdoor patios, I was giddy with excitement to try to the new menu. If you are a coffee enthusiast - then you must come here. The coffee machine (that's putting it mildly) was purchased in Italy and it took several men to put it together. It was the best coffee I ever had (and I've had a lot of coffee from different parts of the US and Canada). I'm sorry I can't write the same about the food.

Having visited the establishment on two separate occasions, once for brunch and another for late night drinks and appetizers, I was left wanting more. The chicken pot biscuit, which came highly recommended was not well-seasoned and the vegetables were under cooked. At my second visit, the drinks were good but the first bartender gave me husband a small pour (less than 4 counts) of a Jameson on the rocks, the second bartender was better. Depending on the bartender, you can get a good reasonable pour or a small one. The K2 flatbread was just that flat. It lacked seasoning. The mushrooms were over cooked. Since devil eggs are my favorite, I was excited to see and taste the chef's take on a classic. When I got them - they were just regular devil eggs - no creative Uumph to them.

My recommendation to the chef - please re-visit the bar menu and season the food better.

• Visited May 2014